TOYS R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free-Dec 6 2008 -DEAL NOW LIVE!!!GOGOGOGO!

Everything? Would we be able to mix platforms, like 1 DS/PS2 game? Or do you have to buy the games from the same system (pretty sure it was like that last year). And gah, that's kinda around the time Persona 4 comes out, and I don't even have enough for that. *is also sad about being broke*

I might have to buy Rock Band then. I'll see if a couple other guys at work want in on this. It's too good.

Is this ONLY on Saturday the 6th, or the entire weekend?

I wonder, would TRU allow a sale like buying 2 moderately priced PS3 games, and wanting RB2 SE as the one free?... XD

Hmm. I suspect this will be "Everything.............with some restrictions may apply" sale. 3 Wii Fits for the price of 2 is too good to be true.

So if you get 3 regular price games they will be about 45 each with the tax in my area. That is pretty good but I dunno what 3 I would get.

[quote name='Firestorm']Dammit I think I already bought everything :( well I do need Chrono Trigger DS...[/quote]

Haha, welcome to my world! I have everything I want, with the exception of Chrono Trigger! Oh well, there's no way I'd be able to ge 3 more games... I have far too many on the go as is!

Sweet, this is good news for me since my birthday is December 5th so i will have money for it for sure. Hmm maybe Left 4 Dead, Animal Crossing- City Folk, Persona 4, Gears of War 2, and Call of Duty 5 are what i will be aiming for if they have them in stock :]

[quote name='Zeitgeist']So if you get 3 regular price games they will be about 45 each with the tax in my area. That is pretty good but I dunno what 3 I would get.[/quote]
This deal sounds great, but when you put it that way... I've been buying all of this fall's games on Amazon.ca for $44-$45 with that coupon code (plus tax comes to $50.) I will pass on this. Good luck scoring some good games, I recommend Dead Space!

[quote name='Jake_Jenova']Sweet, this is good news for me since my birthday is December 5th so i will have money for it for sure. Hmm maybe Left 4 Dead, Animal Crossing- City Folk, Persona 4, Gears of War 2, and Call of Duty 5 are what i will be aiming for if they have them in stock :][/quote]
Canada.

If there are restrictions...I would GUESS it would be the same as the "Buy 2 games get a $20 Gift Card" promo that was a few weeks back. It excluded games that were bundled w/ accessories, ie. Guitar Hero/Rock Band, DDR, Wii Fit, etc. BUT don't quote me on that :p

Not to mention the (what I thought was) blatantly obvious - the least expensive game will be the free one.

Are people still stupid enough to believe you can buy 2 $10 games and get a $60 one free?

[quote name='neksus']Not to mention the (what I thought was) blatantly obvious - the least expensive game will be the free one.

Are people still stupid enough to believe you can buy 2 $10 games and get a $60 one free?[/QUOTE]

yes, yes I am... where do I sign up? over that cliff over there you say? no problem!

I'm new to all these game deal things, so can someone explain how a group-buy would work? If each person has to pay for their own game, how is it different from going in-store to buy it themselves??

[quote name='addone']I'm new to all these game deal things, so can someone explain how a group-buy would work? If each person has to pay for their own game, how is it different from going in-store to buy it themselves??[/quote]
3 people go in, split the price of 2 games equally and each walk out with a game in hand.

Hm... That's like 33.33% off.
I should've waited another month to buy by MS Point cards.

Anyone in Vancouver up for an xbox 120GB hdd group buy for $100 each? :D

[quote name='ammowasted']3 people go in, split the price of 2 games equally and each walk out with a game in hand.[/quote]
Neat! Thanks for the explanation.

[quote name='kathos']Is Persona 4 out by Dec 6th?[/quote]

Nope. Shipping date is said to be the 9th, so it should be out by the 10th?

FYI-This does not apply to accessories-No dualshocks/hard drives...etc

Lets get a move on on the group buys. This is what the advance notice is for!!!

Wii fit
Rock Band....
list you groups and locations and wants and ill update the OP!!!

[quote name='gamer602']Hmm...just saw it on TV.
Last year when they had this sale, it was only limited to portable games. This time around, it EVERYTHING!!!

Any Rock Band/Wii Fit/Guitar Hero Group buys?????[/quote]

Screen-shot, or it never happened.

I need a link to a ad, before I drive down to TRU on the 6th for GOW2, COD:WaW & Left 4 Dead. :cool:

Easy for me: Fallout 3; Fable 2; and Left 4 Dead. I may just try to do this online to save the hassle of getting to a store early.

gamer602, you might want to edit the title stating this is for CANADA, since we have some American folks who are trying to get in on the deal! They already had their turn!

Dammit, I did way too many trade ins for games so there's nothing I really want... except Persona 4. Is there anything good coming out between here and Dec 6th?

Also, anyone else expecting a HUGE shitstorm? Do RFDers really go for this? I mean you still have to pay regular price on all games, so there shouldn't be that many right? Or am I seriously wrong here?

Haha I think you're wrong kathos! It ends up being a pretty significant amount of savings, I know I'm probably going to get 6 games, that should keep me set until the summer, I would say. Also, I heard that people have seen a commercial advertising the sale...did you see the commercial on an American channel? If so, this may be for the US, and not for Canada...just throwing it out there...

$59.99 x 2 x 1.13 = $135.5774 = $35 x 3

So if you get any 3 new titles and don't mind getting EB credits, you are getting a free rentals for new releases (until TIV drops).

[quote name='danthemightyone']$59.99 x 2 x 1.13 = $135.5774 = $35 x 3

So if you get any 3 new titles and don't mind getting EB credits, you are getting a free rentals for new releases (until TIV drops).[/quote]

I think it might be a bit worse. I suppose it depends on how their system is set up, but you might need to still pay the tax on the 'free' game:

$59.99 * 2 + ($59.99 * 3 * 0.13) = $143.38

Also, $35 * 3 = $105, so it's $38 in rentals.

[quote name='game_fanatic']gamer602, you might want to edit the title stating this is for CANADA, since we have some American folks who are trying to get in on the deal! They already had their turn![/quote]
Isn't this posted in the CANADA section of regional deals though?

I wouldn't be surprised if they limit it like their last promo... i.e. not valid on bundled hardware (rock band, gh) or software priced $89.99 and up.

[quote name='addone']Isn't this posted in the CANADA section of regional deals though?[/quote]
You are correct, but it appears some cannot read, since some American's are posting their intentions on getting in on the sale.

Just what I was looking for. I wanted 3 games for Christmas, so I guess I'll be getting all of them in one go!

Gears 2, Bioshock and Quantum of Solace here I come!
(Sorry Far Cry 2 and Left 4 Dead - next time - unless I somehow inherit $150... anyone want to donate? ;))

This is a pretty good deal... but I still prefered just trading in 6 (trade 2 + $9.99) games to EB and getting all three games I wanted for a whopping $30 (Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Naruto Broken Bond). The best part had to be that I didn't want any of the games anymore :D

[quote name='craig64']This is a pretty good deal... but I still prefered just trading in 6 (trade 2 + $9.99) games to EB and getting all three games I wanted for a whopping $30 (Left 4 Dead, Gears 2, Naruto Broken Bond). The best part had to be that I didn't want any of the games anymore :D[/quote]

I'd do that if I actually had games I want to trade in or had $8 value..

And no, I don't have the time to wrestle with RFD hoarders at every used videogame section

This deal DOES NOT include any games priced $89.99 or up. (Which would rule out Wii Fit and all of the music games)

You should be able to mix and match games, assuming they are not clearance (The last digit being an 8, eg $9.98 instead of $9.99)

I have seen the flyer only once, but those two parts I remember. I can now use my 15% employee discount on sales, so this deal is extra good for me:)

[quote name='quack']This deal DOES NOT include any games priced $89.99 or up. (Which would rule out Wii Fit and all of the music games)

You should be able to mix and match games, assuming they are not clearance (The last digit being an 8, eg $9.98 instead of $9.99)

I have seen the flyer only once, but those two parts I remember. I can now use my 15% employee discount on sales, so this deal is extra good for me:)[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up quack, there goes buying GH:WT! Glad I can still get the Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 Collector's Editions.
edit: Here's what I'm looking at getting:
Fallout 3 Collector’s Edition-$79.99 (Xbox 360)
Resistance 2 Collector’s Edition-$79.99 (PS3)
Star Wars: Force Unleashed-$54.97 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space-$59.99 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 2-$59.99 (Xbox 360)

I just need another game, perhaps an RPG? I'm a big fan of Legend of the Dragoon for PS1, are Infinite Undiscovery/Tales of Vesperia/Lost Odyssey similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
These games people are trading in do have a cost, but no one is mentioning that. I think this is a great deal and I will certainly be buying three games.

bread's done
Back