GoGamer Black Friday Deals - Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#151 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:52 AM

Looking at Gogamer.com I noticed several titles with the (I), what does this stand for?

See my earlier post above.

Jason

#152 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:04 PM

Wow, it's pretty nice to see someone from the company actually coming here and trying to solve problems...btw in for Prey and the $8 headset

I agree: props to Jason for posting and responding to questions.
My whining about the shipping is balanced by the fact that both my items apparently shipped same day. As Jason said, they're not Amazon, and I'm sure it wasn't a slow day in the fulfillment department...

#153 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

I agree: props to Jason for posting and responding to questions.
My whining about the shipping is balanced by the fact that both my items apparently shipped same day. As Jason said, they're not Amazon, and I'm sure it wasn't a slow day in the fulfillment department...

It's no problem Gantt. I always head out into the community when we have something big going on. Been doing it for years. Helps head off CS emails. We are definitely busy this weekend. :-) Thanks for all the support from you CheapAssGamers! LOL.

I will now make sure this is a regular stop on my rounds.

:)

Jason

#154 kc1313

kc1313

Posted 29 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

i already ordered fracture and i really dont mind its imported but could you give details to where its imported from...

#155 catbarf33

catbarf33

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

Very cool to see the vendor working the crowds. Bought Fallout3 for PS3 and look forward to receiving it when it comes!

#156 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

Looks like I'm going to be in for 1 on the WOW Battlechest and Eyetoy Kinetic. This is in addition to my previous order of Guild Wars Trilogy and Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Just making a comment though , but for WOW why limit 10 per customer? Maybe I'm out of the loop , but was there seriously a worry of people hoarding them up? I mean , if the issue was a hoarders one , then why even make it 10 per customer instead of like >5?

#157 workers

workers

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Just ordered Fracture for only $18.00 after shipping, I'll be able to play online here in the U.S. right ?

#158 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yes - it'll play just fine.

:beer:

#159 machindo

machindo

Fa fa fa fa funky!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:45 PM

Crap. Fallout 3 sold out...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#160 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

I know the international versions will work on my 360, but is the cover art the same as the north american versions? Wondering about Fracture and Blazing Angels 2 in particular. While most games do have the same cover art, the first Blazing Angels and Pro Evolution Soccer 08 both have different cover art than their other versions.

#161 venom55520

venom55520

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:50 AM

i also got my order put on hold, are you sure it is not a "big deal"

thank you for your time and help

#162 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Venom,

Usually it is not a big deal and just delays your order a short time. If it get's canceled get in touch with us.

Jason

#163 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:48 PM

Looks like I'm going to be in for 1 on the WOW Battlechest and Eyetoy Kinetic. This is in addition to my previous order of Guild Wars Trilogy and Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Just making a comment though , but for WOW why limit 10 per customer? Maybe I'm out of the loop , but was there seriously a worry of people hoarding them up? I mean , if the issue was a hoarders one , then why even make it 10 per customer instead of like >5?

It's a big time magnet for credit card fraud and we had slightly limited quantity. We're willing to to take a chance on 10. :-)

Jason

#164 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

It's a big time magnet for credit card fraud and we had slightly limited quantity. We're willing to to take a chance on 10. :-)

Jason

Speaking of which , I had some major issues with my account over the weeked and unfortunately was unable to make the order that I was trying to. I already shot a message to the customer service department , but all I've gotten back so far was an automated reply about receiving the inquiry. I understand that it was a holiday weeked so staff was probably minimal , so I'm just waiting a bit longer till I receive a real response.

#165 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

Wow, I already got my copy of L4D today.. I wasn't expecting to get it so soon :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#166 kofiguy

kofiguy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:49 AM

That was fast! Got my copy of Fracture today and it plays great.

#167 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

Speaking of which , I had some major issues with my account over the weeked and unfortunately was unable to make the order that I was trying to. I already shot a message to the customer service department , but all I've gotten back so far was an automated reply about receiving the inquiry. I understand that it was a holiday weeked so staff was probably minimal , so I'm just waiting a bit longer till I receive a real response.

What happened StarKnight?

Jason

#168 LethaL ImpuLse

LethaL ImpuLse

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:07 AM

This is kind of random and probably irrelevant but I just want to comment on my first experience from ordering from GoGamer last Friday.. it was completely awesome. Great price on L4D and I got the game in 2 days with the cheapest shipping. I'll be coming back in the future and recommending the site to friends!

#169 Morpho

Morpho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

Got Fracture yesterday (every time I have ordered from GoGamer it is crazy fast-even on slow shipping). Worked like a charm and I had no idea that PAL format listed games would play just fine.

#170 Hollow Man

Hollow Man

Booster seat? Hot dog!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

My stuff always takes a bit because I'm on the east coast, but that's not their issue, heh. Still waiting on my haul, but that's cool. Gogamer always does a good job. Thanks for the sale guys (but I admit that seeing Amazon put Far Cry 2 down to $18 yesterday made me wince!).

-HM

"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult
Band Chat

#171 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys! Glad there are some happy customers. :-)

Jason

#172 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

What happened StarKnight?

Jason

If you want I can PM you the full story , but the short version is that I don't seem to have an account at the site , despite having registered at the site twice , and placing two orders in the past. Couldn't place my order on saturday cause of my disappearing account and missed on the two deals I mentioned.

I'm not asking you to give me the deals retroactively , because it's not really that big of a deal to me , at this point I can live without getting those items. I'm just frustrated at the fact that I apparently can't even make an account at the site properly.:bomb::cry:

#173 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:40 AM

If you want I can PM you the full story , but the short version is that I don't seem to have an account at the site , despite having registered at the site twice , and placing two orders in the past. Couldn't place my order on saturday cause of my disappearing account and missed on the two deals I mentioned.

I'm not asking you to give me the deals retroactively , because it's not really that big of a deal to me , at this point I can live without getting those items. I'm just frustrated at the fact that I apparently can't even make an account at the site properly.:bomb::cry:

Are you using PayPal for payment?

Jason

#174 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Are you using PayPal for payment?

Jason

The first time I don't think I did , I can't remember , the second time yes.

Let me guess , paying with paypal doesn't save account info?

#175 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:19 AM

The first time I don't think I did , I can't remember , the second time yes.

Let me guess , paying with paypal doesn't save account info?

Yeah i just got an email on this from customer service. I did get my game.. But last time I ordered I remember using my gmail account, and this time I payed with paypal (which is tied to my hotmail account) and I guess it doesnt save account info.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#176 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:28 AM

Yeah i just got an email on this from customer service. I did get my game.. But last time I ordered I remember using my gmail account, and this time I payed with paypal (which is tied to my hotmail account) and I guess it doesnt save account info.

I'd be fine with that , if I could just add stuff to my shopping cart , then go to the paypal checkout and be done , but instead I had to put in all the account info first , only for it not to be saved because I payed with paypal? Seems kinda annoying. If I had known about that before hand , I would not have payed with paypal.

#177 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

StarKnight,

We agree that it is annoying that PayPal does not play very well with our e-commerce solution. I could bore you with the details, but in a nutshell it is a problem with our e-commerce solution that we cannot fix ourselves. Long story. In the future we intend to fix this issue. We know our customers don't like this situation with PayPal and we apologize. You'll still get your order just some of the info is missing in your account. You can always contact us and we'll give you an update if you are worried.

I do highly recommend Google Checkout. That payment option works great!

Jason

#178 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

StarKnight,

We agree that it is annoying that PayPal does not play very well with our e-commerce solution. I could bore you with the details, but in a nutshell it is a problem with our e-commerce solution that we cannot fix ourselves. Long story. In the future we intend to fix this issue. We know our customers don't like this situation with PayPal and we apologize. You'll still get your order just some of the info is missing in your account. You can always contact us and we'll give you an update if you are worried.

I do highly recommend Google Checkout. That payment option works great!

Jason

It's not the order that I was able to place that I was concerned about , it was the order I wasn't able to place that was the problem. But thanks for clearing the situation up. I guess I'll go ahead then and make an account without using paypal.

#179 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

StarKNight,

I'm sorry you had these issues. I know that in the future our PayPal system will be fixed, I just do not know exactly when. It's a pain in our butt. I appreciate your understanding and patience. Once you set up a regular account you'll be all set to take advantage of all our deals.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

More good specials coming soon guys.

Jason