Doom 3-Xbox-XBN EXCLUSIVE REVIEW!

sj41

CAGiversary!
Wasn't sure which forum this goes in, so move it to the Xbox if needed. Also, didn't see this posted anywhere and thought this was pretty big.

Doom 3 on Xbox got a 10/10 from XboxNation! This game looks awesome and I'm glad I preordered it several months ago. :D

I'll write some quotes from what the reviewer said, soon.

[quote name='vherub']doesnt this release in march? as in 2 months from now?[/quote]Yep. They had a note that says they had to go to ID Software's offices. The reason Doom 3 was pushed back was because of marketing and strategic reasons according to Activision.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Is there any muliplayer/systemlink/live planned for this? Can't remember...[/quote]

Obviously.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']lets hope the multiplayers nothing like the pc version...[/quote]Never played the PC multiplayer, but this sounds like it might be good. It says it will have 5 multiplayer maps and normal team objective games and slayer-style modes. Interior levels so it's supposed to be fast paced. And it says you can steal opponents weapons. That's pretty much all it says for the actual multiplayer part.

And then, it talks about the co-op mode which sounds very interesting. Some parts of a level will be pitch black, so your partner will have to hold a flashlight while you attack the monsters. The levels in co-op over XBL will be changed from the single player ones, but it sounds like that's a good thing according to this review. :)

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Is there any muliplayer/systemlink/live planned for this? Can't remember...[/quote]

The exclusive co-op mode was made specifically for the xbox version.

[quote name='vanlandw']co-op is the only reason this game is on my wishlist...XBL co-op rules[/quote]It sounds pretty cool. However, the levels are supposed to be greatly changed and won't have cut scenes or the plot in it. :( But you can play any level you want, even if you didn't beat it in single player.

awesome!!! i cant wait to get it...i got it for PC, but its not powerful enuff :whistle2:\..it lags when more than 2 monsters are on the screen...

[quote name='sj41']Wasn't sure which forum this goes in, so move it to the Xbox if needed. Also, didn't see this posted anywhere and thought this was pretty big.

Doom 3 on Xbox got a 10/10 from XboxNation! This game looks awesome and I'm glad I preordered it several months ago. :D

I'll write some quotes from what the reviewer said, soon.[/quote]
I guess XBN is going out with a bang. I can't wait to read it.

[quote name='guyver2077']i dont know why the cut the story out etc....thats the point..i wanna play through the whole game with a friend[/quote]It might be for reasons why Halo 2 didn't have co-op over Live. :(

And yeah, they said "Screw the PC verson." That either means they were bashing PC gaming, or the Xbox version of Doom 3 is that much better than the PC version.

Yeah, I can't wait. I'll be getting the Limited Edition. I did a pre-sell on it last year but they moved it to this year, so I put that money towards a 2nd copy of HALO LE.

Wow, I almost forgot this was coming out. I've played this game to death on the PC, but maybe with my new Xbox and Live, I'll try it out again.

Sweet. I'll be picking up the Collector's Edition for $60, since it will include Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, with splitscreen modes! Can't waiiiiiit! :D

I'm also getting Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition! I never played Ultimate Doom or Doom II, but, I finally will be able to on the Xbox...:D

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='vherub']doesnt this release in march? as in 2 months from now?[/quote]Yep. They had a note that says they had to go to ID Software's offices. The reason Doom 3 was pushed back was because of marketing and strategic reasons according to Activision.[/quote]

was this before or after the new XBN came out because it says Feb. 15 for a release date. it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed it back to march after announcing feb. 15. just curious.

bread's done
Back