VG Pocket Tablet Handheld Video Game System (Frogger, etc) 1.95 @ Amazon

hopeunknown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/VG-Pocket-Tab...ls&ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227949200&sr=1-1

Ordered 3, good for stocking stuffers. :)

From wikipedia:
Games included on the Tablet- Frogger, Stellar Attack, Motorcross Racer, Billiards, Sudoku Quiz, Mutant Hunt, Funny Fungi, Leaper the Frog, Lord of the Jewels, Off-Roader, Risk It! Battle Blocks, Construction Jack, Memory Matching, Track Star, River Quest, Star Alley, Pinball Labyrinth, Vitamania, Mr. Onion., Delivery Express, Birds of Prey, Whack the Critter, Stuntman Daredevil, Delta Fighter.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']Do you know how long that deal is going?[/quote]

No idea. Perhaps until it sells out? I'd probably pick it up asap just in case.

This thing should really be limited to "gag gift" status only. I bought one for a nephew of mine for $5 from TRU. I tried out all the games in about 15 minutes, and feel violated at the stupidity of the entire thing (except for Frogger of course).

$2 = good for portable Frogger.

I was almost going to add it as filler to my latest Amazon order ($1.25 under free shipping) but decided on Gremlins DVD for $3.99 instead.

I just received this in the mail. WOW, the best $2 I've ever spent. The 2" screen is amazingly sharp 640x240 and bright. It's basically a NES 8-bit clone of games. 20 years ago this thing would have probably cost $200 if it existed.

I actually also have the capsule version which is more elongated and had even more games. The screen is indeed AMAZING. I also just got the three tablets I ordered in the mail today, and Amazon was nice enough to include different colors (silver, green and orange - there was a fuschia color, too, but I only ordered three). I plan on giving one as a stocking stuffer, another a sweet White Elephant gift, and keeping the other one for myself :D

wow, pretty cool. thanks!
icon_smile.gif

I know the sale is over, but I bought one of these (and the tablet, the 50 game one) a while back. Like people have said the screen is really really bright, probably close to GBA SP in brightness. The controls are really responsive too, and some of the games are straight NES/Atari2600 ripoffs. Nothing particularly special but the caplet fits in your pocket pretty easily and is good to pick up and play when you have a few minutes to kill. I'd pay 9.99 for it if I didn't already have it, 1.50 is obscenely cheap for something so well made.

bread's done
Back