Photo
- - - - -

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (360/PS3) $10 USED at Gamefly - Now Live!

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 stainremover

stainremover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

I have no idea how you are getting a rental copy and it is in "new" condition. That's really hard to believe. I've bought 3 games from GF and all were in pretty ratty condition. Box and instructions are like new, but the discs have been through the ringer after being rented out so many times and abused by people. I don't believe GF has a resurfacing machine, since the discs I've received and those of a couple of friends of mine have never been like new. Maybe something cheezy like a disc doctor, which might explain all the circular swirly scratches on the Paradise disc I bought from them. I guess it's just a crap shoot on what you will be getting when you order from GF.

what games did you buy? everything i've ever bought from them has been great

#122 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:48 PM

Not fair: I ordered RSV2 (PS3) at 12:30AM PST when it first went live early and my order just got canceled because it was OOS. :?:

Did anyone else's get canceled? I got my order in well before it said it was out of stock on the site... :-(
Posted Image

#123 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

I bought DMC4, Burnout Paradise and Army of Two. They all played alright, but were in rough shape. 2 of the discs had dents on the outside of the disc, which is something I hadn't seen before. Rough handling I guess, but if you don't care about the cosmetic aspect of a disc and just want it to play, then I guess buying off GF is alright. If the disc is damaged enough where it has a problem playing, then you can always return it for a replacement.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#124 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:54 PM

Picked a copy up earlier today. Really nice price. I'm playing through Vegas 1 right now and enjoying it a lot, so this is pretty awesome.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#125 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

Im pretty sure they are oos now so this is probably DEAD

#126 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

cheapy, now that you're a gamefly insider will you be able to give us a heads up on the other deals before they post?

#127 fonz

fonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:24 PM

I ordered it today. When should I be receiving it?

#128 LaughingMan1

LaughingMan1

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Im pretty sure they are oos now so this is probably DEAD

Nah, I just placed an order so I think they're still in stock. Hopefully I'll get a copy in decent shape.

#129 Rosco906

Rosco906

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Yay, mine has already shipped :) It Ishould get here in 3-5 days according to the confirmation email.

#130 BrerDan

BrerDan

Total DS Whore!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

Does this game have 2-person in-person co-op (as opposed to online)? We don't do online play, but my other half love games with co-op.

Thanks

#131 Zaggart

Zaggart

Lord of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

Does this game have 2-person in-person co-op (as opposed to online)

Yup, that's about the only way I play it. Except for this deal of course. Now my brother doesn't have an excuse. lol

#132 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

I have no idea how you are getting a rental copy and it is in "new" condition. That's really hard to believe. I've bought 3 games from GF and all were in pretty ratty condition. Box and instructions are like new, but the discs have been through the ringer after being rented out so many times and abused by people. I don't believe GF has a resurfacing machine, since the discs I've received and those of a couple of friends of mine have never been like new. Maybe something cheezy like a disc doctor, which might explain all the circular swirly scratches on the Paradise disc I bought from them. I guess it's just a crap shoot on what you will be getting when you order from GF.

i actually got 3 games from them (assasins creed, mass effect, unreal tourny 3) and i swear i they looked brand new. The cases and manuals looked untouched, and the discs had not one stratch or blemish. they were seriously mint.

so 3 mint games so far, i consider that enough reliability :)

#133 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:41 PM

Any idea what tomorrow's game will be?

#134 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Any idea what tomorrow's game will be?

i dont think they are doing a game every day. i recall someone saying they would do a deal every few days.

#135 XoLiD

XoLiD

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

Thanks mine just shipped. Hopefully it won't be as messed up as other games I've ordered. Looked like someone tried to wipe it clean with sandpaper.

#136 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

i dont think they are doing a game every day. i recall someone saying they would do a deal every few days.

Wow, reading comprehension FTL on my part--it clearly states what you just said in the OP :P

Thanks for pointing that out :)

#137 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

Sure this isnt DEAD now? Cant find it on the site if you can would you plz link it?

#138 nolrootltoe

nolrootltoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

The price seems to be $17 now, is it over?

#139 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

I think the 17 is for rainbow six vegas 1

#140 fonz

fonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:14 AM

Yay, mine has already shipped :) It Ishould get here in 3-5 days according to the confirmation email.

When did you order? Mine still hasn't shipped.

#141 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

Actually there will be a new deal tonight! I will make a new thread about it soon.

#142 neocvera

neocvera

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:09 AM

sweet. My game already shipped today.

#143 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:23 AM

Vegas 2 appears to be OOS for the 360 (getting a Buy it Now alert).

Eagerly awaiting the new deal.

Love Gamefly.

Actually there will be a new deal tonight! I will make a new thread about it soon.

#144 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:27 AM

Hah! So my incompetence turns out to be prophetic :D

#145 Warpath01

Warpath01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:48 AM

is this deal still alive? do i got to be a member to buy it?? i dont see a buying option. I see "Rent It" and "Buy It Alter"

#146 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

You don't have to be a member of Gamefly to buy the games (used).

If you see the 'Buy it Alert', however, it means that the item is OOS (or more specifically that the allotment allocated for selling has been met).

Members get free shipping (along with other perks).

is this deal still alive? do i got to be a member to buy it?? i dont see a buying option. I see "Rent It" and "Buy It Alter"

#147 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

Here is the new deal coming later tonight:
:360:Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $9.99
:ps3:Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $9.99

Please discuss it here: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=206023

#148 SnapKrackerPop

SnapKrackerPop

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:38 AM

Well I would be purchasing RSV2, But I dont want to sign up for a membership just to purchase a game......A rep sent me a chat and said that I must be a member to buy the game.....what ever happened to just buying a game without being pressured into purchasing an add-on? Oh well maybe some other time.

#149 XoLiD

XoLiD

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:39 AM

Well I would be purchasing RSV2, But I dont want to sign up for a membership just to purchase a game......A rep sent me a chat and said that I must be a member to buy the game.....what ever happened to just buying a game without being pressured into purchasing an add-on? Oh well maybe some other time.

You don't need a membership to buy the game. I've bought several games on Gamefly with no membership and it worked.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/XoLiD"]Posted Image[/URL]

#150 KMoney33

KMoney33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:33 PM

Is this deal still going on? I just checked it out and it's $20 was it a one day deal?