Photo
- - - - -

CAG Fund for Child's Play 2008 Raffle - $32,667 Raised! - Winners Posted!

• Please log in to reply
688 replies to this topic

#61 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

Are people eligible to win more than one prize if they donate more or is it one prize per account?

#62 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

Money is tighter this year, but screw it -- I'll just buy one or two fewer games. This cause is worth it -- in for $30 and a game donation.
Posted Image

#63 Justden

Justden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:00 PM

The picture CheapyD posted was old. I've taken a new one that includes everything since it was taken.

Spoiler

Edited by Justden, 13 December 2008 - 05:08 PM.
Updated photo

#64 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

Check out the crazy prize Justden just donated:

HUGE Xbox 360 60GB Price Package with over 50 games and more! [picture]
Alone in the Dark, Arcade Unplugged, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Bolt, Burnout Paradise, Culdcept Saga, Dark Sector, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XI Online: The Vana'Diel Collection, Gears of War 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Kameo: Elements of Power, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Kung Fu Panda, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Legendary, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Microsoft Children's Miracle Network Games Bundle (Viva Piñata Party Animals, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Shrek The Third), Naruto: Rise of the Ninja, Operation Darkness, Orange Box, Overlord, Perfect Dark Zero, Prince of Persia, Scene it? Box Office Smash (includes 4 controllers), Simpsons Game, Sonic Unleashed, Spectral Force 3, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tales of Vesperia, Too Human, Turok, Two Worlds, Universe at War: Earth Assault, Viking: Battle for Asgard, 1 year XBOX Live Gold Subscription card, 4000 Microsoft Points card, CAGcast hoodie and CAG hat!

Thanks so much to everyone who is contributing!!

#65 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

In for $20
Posted Image

#66 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:15 PM

I am so confused, why doesnt a prize like this go to the charity itself or is sold for the charity's benefit? It could be set up at some childrens shelter where lots of kids could have fun with it I would presume or even a local library or something.

#67 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Alone in the Dark, Arcade Unplugged, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Bolt, Burnout Paradise, Culdcept Saga, Dark Sector, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Enchanted Arms, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XI Online: The Vana'Diel Collection, Gears of War 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Kameo: Elements of Power, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Kung Fu Panda, Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead, Legendary, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Microsoft Children's Miracle Network Games Bundle (Viva Piñata Party Animals, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Shrek The Third), Naruto: Rise of the Ninja, Operation Darkness, Orange Box, Overlord, Perfect Dark Zero, Prince of Persia, Scene it? Box Office Smash (includes 4 controllers), Simpsons Game, Sonic Unleashed, Spectral Force 3, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Spiderwick Chronicles, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Tales of Vesperia, Too Human, Turok, Two Worlds, Universe at War: Earth Assault, Viking: Battle for Asgard, 1 year XBOX Live Gold Subscription card, 4000 Microsoft Points card, CAGcast hoodie and CAG hat!

damn that is a nice donation
Posted Image

#68 Haggar

Haggar

Mayor of Metro City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Do I have to have a Paypal account to use ChipIn?

#69 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

In for $25.

#70 daknight

daknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

Time to help out, donate money and a game. Always been meaning to donate to Child's play foundation, never had the money to before though.

#71 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

Do I have to have a Paypal account to use ChipIn?

No you can pay via credit card it still uses the paypal website interface though.

#72 saturnotaku

saturnotaku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

PM sent about a prize donation as well.

#73 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Cheapy .. is there a way to donate via check?

Posted Image

#74 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

Cheapy .. is there a way to donate via check?

Can't you pay via checking account with PayPal? I'm pretty sure you can.

#75 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:31 PM

Yeap, that's how I do it.

#76 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:34 PM

Some people may not like the power paypal can have over your bank account but I suppose if the person isnt buying/selling via ebay or anything else, it could be ok.

#77 botticus

botticus

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

I am so confused, why doesnt a prize like this go to the charity itself or is sold for the charity's benefit? It could be set up at some childrens shelter where lots of kids could have fun with it I would presume or even a local library or something.

I think the ideas is that people will ultimately donate more than the value of the prize in order to attempt to win the prize.

#78 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

Glad to see this is back. I'll definitely be chipping-in, and will look for some potential prizes in my stash.
Posted Image

#79 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

I think the ideas is that people will ultimately donate more than the value of the prize in order to attempt to win the prize.

But if a person who donates $5 has an opportunity to win this bundle, and the majority of people will donate less than the $400-500+ value of this bundle the idea that a person can win a massive bundle for such little effort is kinda lame. If it was split up into smaller bits or something, that would make more sense (not as a single prize).
The person who had this sitting around could have seen the his "prize" be put to immediate use if it went to a charity/house/library directly.

I am specifically addressing this massive prize bundle and not all the smaller little prizes or the $500 gift card because it seems to be an excessively large prize and I thought there was something on CAG where donations of games directly to a kids charity occurred (unless I am confusing it with the military one).

anyways thats the last I'll say about that. I'm just as happy to win the prize now that it is in the pot but still...

Edited by Arakias, 03 December 2008 - 04:11 PM.

#80 rukkus

rukkus

Phantasy Star

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:54 PM

in

#81 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

You can... but Maklershed doesn't have a paypal account anymore.

#82 Zark7

Zark7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:40 PM

Upped my donation from last year. Go CAG!

#83 pop311

pop311

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:43 PM

Yay, I've been waiting for this time all year long. I hope to double to donation from last year.

#84 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

I'll be donating once I figure out my finances for the month. Maybe I'll even find something to throw in!
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#85 etschell

etschell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:26 PM

added $5, i feel festive!

#86 HyperWrench

HyperWrench

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

Added my $15. I'll add some more once I transfer some more funds to my PayPal.

#87 dacool561

dacool561

Take a Look at This

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

gave 5 last year, going up to 10 this year =)

#88 chrisnsally

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

$5 in - I love that we're doing this every year now!!!

#89 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:57 PM

I always like donating to this... I did it last year and I plan on doing it again next year as well. Chipping in $5 now. =)

#90 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

You Greedy Bald Bastard! Its an ECONOMIC DOWNTURN YEAR for gods sake......and you want MORE for 08!?!?!?!

Hmmmm...ok I'm in for $10.