CAGcast #142: Nice Sack(boy)!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

I didnt think it was possible to have a Cagcast without a question from BOTH Thorbahn and FriskyTanuki (Thorbahn was left out). I am a new listener, for about a year now and it seems their questions or comments are on every show. Cheapy, why not just send them some equipment and have them on weekly, so you can then read posts from the rest of the public? Would a print magazine or paper keep publishing the letters of the same people every week. . . I think not.

~Skidi (pronounced skee-dee, not that this will get read because it will be bumped by the "FriskyThornukibahn" comments!!) ;)

The same questions from the same people are pretty much read all the time

1xz7eo.gif

#62 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

Don't let CheapyD bug you about Enchanted Wombat, that movie was awesome! Much better than I expected. After I rented it when it first came out I ended up buying it. Don't be ashamed of liking a good movie.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 outlawmoogle

outlawmoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:52 AM

Posted Image

Are these the ones?

Posted Image

"Alita! Oh, snapplecakes! She soooo foine!"

#64 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

I'm still calling for Cheapy and Wombat not being able to finish LittleBigPlanet. I'm sure they won't prove me wrong. I mean, Cheapy's already given up the fight, and even before it actually started getting difficult from what it sounds like (World 3 isn't hard at all. It starts getting hard around World 5 or 6).
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#65 aquaboy1976

aquaboy1976

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

Regarding McGriddles: I recently tried this and think they are excellent!

#66 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

Never had a McGriddle, but I do like sausage with syrup on it so I imagine the McGriddle is pretty tasty. I'm also with Wombat re: the latest Indiana Jones flick. What garbage. South Park hit the nail on the head.

Also, I was wodering if Wombat was still working for UGO. I've seen a lot fewer posts from him over there, and a lot more from Russ and some others.

Entertaining show this week, though I listened after my hand surgery, so I probably missed some of it.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#67 n11n12

n11n12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:08 AM

CheapyD...

You didn't even mention the most depressing/infuriating fact about the Wal-Mart trampling death.

After an ambulance had arrived and determined the poor guy was dead, the police, naturally, needed to close down and evacuate the store to do a proper investigation. Many of the shoppers, even when told that someone had been killed, were outraged and refused to leave, saying they'd been waiting outside for so many hours and they were there to shop and so on and so on. Some people didn't even care that someone had been killed just a few minutes before, probably by their own two feet.

So guys...not to bum you out or anything, but do you think there's any hope left for humanity?

#68 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:03 AM

Hey guys I love the show however in the past you have called yourselves hardcore gamers because you play allot of video games however my definition of a "Hardcore Gamer" is someone who is a General in halo 3 and who is Gifted at ALL multi player games but all of you suck at multilayer games none of you are even past SGT in halo 3 and you suck at Gears 2 "No Offense" you even admitted to sucking at gears 2 in the past cagcast. So how can you guys call yourself a Hardcore gamer? . Please Answer Me!!!!!

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#69 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 08 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

CheapyD.

Shut the hell up about LBP. You suck. Go play Saints Row. That game sucks. I love you. =P

Thanks.

But, you always say, "Id rather be playing my other games instead of LBP". What other game? Farcry 2? You dont like that... Left 4 Dead you didn't like that.... Dead Space you don't really play it. What are these magical games that you'd rather be playing than LBP? If the answer is Saints Row, than that's not a problem with LBP that's just your own sick Saints Row fetish you have...

Edited by DarkNessBear, 09 December 2008 - 01:58 AM.

360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#70 joem5815

joem5815

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys I love the show however in the past you have called yourselves hardcore gamers because you play allot of video games however my definition of a "Hardcore Gamer" is someone who is a General in halo 3 and who is Gifted at ALL multi player games but all of you suck at multilayer games none of you are even past SGT in halo 3 and you suck at Gears 2 "No Offense" you even admitted to sucking at gears 2 in the past cagcast. So how can you guys call yourself a Hardcore gamer? . Please Answer Me!!!!!

Assuming by your question you don't know that there are different definitions of "hardcore gamer" by different people, the obvious answer would be that Cheapy and Wombats' definition of "hardcore gamer" is something along the lines of "one whose leisure time is spent mostly immersed in video games through play or study" as opposed to "one who has mastered one or more of the abilities and strategies commonly associated with one or more genre of video game." I myself prefer the former, but there really isn't any industry-wide standardized definition.

#71 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Assuming by your question you don't know that there are different definitions of "hardcore gamer" by different people, the obvious answer would be that Cheapy and Wombats' definition of "hardcore gamer" is something along the lines of "one whose leisure time is spent mostly immersed in video games through play or study" as opposed to "one who has mastered one or more of the abilities and strategies commonly associated with one or more genre of video game." I myself prefer the former, but there really isn't any industry-wide standardized definition.

agreed.

#72 BustaBust

BustaBust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:44 AM

hey CheapyD i don't know if you said this in the podcast or not but maybe you should give away a copy of Arcade Mania as a prize for the Charity. that would be awesome!

#73 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:01 AM

Indy 4? What is your deal Wombat, you don't get out much do you? Let CheapyD make his own call, I bet he would like it. You have to move beyond world war II once in a while, the cold war theme made sense, aliens were a little far, but hey I can think of worse movies with the number 4. Rocky 4? Lethal Weapon 4? Spiderman 4?

If anything Shia Labeouf made the movie worse, why would any want to cast him in anything, he reminds me of that idiot Justin Long...

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#74 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

the point about the gamer pics was about them advertising a game, resistance costumes and halo 3 pics are a game ad, transforemer gen 1 pics dont advertise a game.

trust me i took the fall very seriously and was the pediatrician within the hour, and was watched very closely by all of us, you can see how she is doing on my facebook page, i have new video up.

on the PS3 I have completed, MGS4, lego batman, ratchet and clank,unlocked all pain levels, the game I never finished was resistance 1, LBP i am still playing through as I mentioned on the show. MY PS3 get a ton regular playtime in my house.

How come you didn't put it up on the cag one? Watching it on your page would require me to be your friend. ;)

#75 kapkorn

kapkorn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:31 AM

Im with you on Little Big Planet, I was so hyped and I mostly have just found it boring so far.