Oblivion: GOTY (PS3) $29.99 @ Amazon.com

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
thanks OP!
icon_smile.gif

This is the price I was looking for!! I'll be getting one right after Christmas! Thanks OP!

thank you OP *shakes fist at OP* its a mad happy... my wallet is still recovering from last week...

I played Oblivion for months when the PS3 library was empty. Definitely worth $29.99, especially the GOTY version which includes the expansion.

That's it. I'm not going on CAG anymore, as I won't have enough money left over to feed myself through the harsh winter after all these purchases.

(thanks OP)

[quote name='Dranakin']That's it. I'm not going on CAG anymore, as I won't have enough money left over to feed myself through the harsh winter after all these purchases.

(thanks OP)[/quote]

If you are a cheapassgamer, you will find a way like ramen or only one $1 double cheeseburgers as a whole day's meal. And that way, you can sit infront of the tv and still be as skinny as a stick

[quote name='StateofMind']I played Oblivion for months when the PS3 library was empty. Definitely worth $29.99, especially the GOTY version which includes the expansion.[/quote]

For those that have played it and have motion sickness with certain first person games, did you get dizzy with this one?

What's the better RPG, Oblivion GOTY or Fallout 3? I'm gonna pick only one since I have a ginormous backlog, and I definitely don't mind waiting a year for them to price drop.

[quote name='ruibing']For those that have played it and have motion sickness with certain first person games, did you get dizzy with this one?[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to motion sickness, but worst case scenario: third person it.
It's a little less polished and slightly harder to aim, but still playable (and some people prefer it).

tempting however, by the time I go through my backlog and actually have time to devote to this game, it will be cheaper.

Great game/deal for the GOTY edition if anyone is one the fence.

Do the math of how many game hours per $ amount spent and I'm sure it works down to nickels.

I would jump on this if I didn't just buy Fallout 3 and a load of other games. Amazon's a little over a week too late on this one.

I know this may be really cheapass of me, buuuuut, does the expansion install before the game starts like it does on the 360? Because I was thinking about buying it used at Gamestop, install the expansion, return it and then buy the original. Should that work?

[quote name='KueMan10']I know this may be really cheapass of me, buuuuut, does the expansion install before the game starts like it does on the 360? Because I was thinking about buying it used at Gamestop, install the expansion, return it and then buy the original. Should that work?[/QUOTE]

I think you need the expansion disc in to play, even installed, with GOTY.

Whereas getting the expansion from Live, you just need the original disc.

The 360 GOTY edition though comes with a second disc (that has the expansions on it) that must be installed before you begin play. So I was wondering if this is the same case with the PS3 version. Despite it all only being on one disc.

[quote name='SackAttack']I think you need the expansion disc in to play, even installed, with GOTY.

Whereas getting the expansion from Live, you just need the original disc.[/QUOTE]

you are mistake, you just need to install it once.

Hi,

Thank you OP. I'd read on another forum there was a shadow or graphic glitch with the GOTY edition, the original didn't have this issue. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Hi,

Thank you OP. I'd read on another forum there was a shadow or graphic glitch with the GOTY edition, the original didn't have this issue. Can anyone confirm if this is true?[/QUOTE]

You can *not* complete the "Cure for Vampirism" quest in the GOTY edition on PS3. At all.

i just finally picked up a 360 with one of amazons deals last week, and am interested in this game. is it better for the ps3 or 360. pc version is out,( i'd have to build a new one). thanks.

They're the same.

360:
- two discs; one gameplay and one installs shivering isles/dlc on your HDD. Game disc is the same as regular Oblivion.
- lotsa stalling, enormous load times.
- cheese mints

PS3:
- also has a big install to your HDD, but that was also the case with PS3 Oblivion non-GOTY.
- no trophies
- can't complete the "cure for vampirism" quest at all, and Bethesda seems uninterested in patching it, since the problem is well over a year old at this point - it surely won't be.

If you go w/ PS3, that's a potentially big problem. The only way to circumvent it would be to play oblivion non-GOTY (which you wouldn't own if you bought GOTY) up until and through the end of the 'cure for vampirism' quest, then load that save playing GOTY version and continue with that. Major league PITA for one quest's completion. Bethesda is shameful for not fixing that.

[quote name='ctrek3']i just finally picked up a 360 with one of amazons deals last week, and am interested in this game. is it better for the ps3 or 360. pc version is out,( i'd have to build a new one). thanks.[/quote]

got the pc version because i know it's better playing it from there.
icon_smile.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']You can *not* complete the "Cure for Vampirism" quest in the GOTY edition on PS3. At all.[/QUOTE]

is this a side quest? or is this a vital-to-the-story-and-completing-the-game quest?

[quote name='langdon_alger']is this a side quest? or is this a vital-to-the-story-and-completing-the-game quest?[/quote]

Side quest. Not major for many people. I probably have hundreds of hours into the game before coming across this quest. No biggie IMO.

And for the record, after playing both Fallout 3 and Oblivion extensively, I found, I prefer Oblivion. More quests sealed the deal for me but I do really enjoy the change of pace of Fallout 3. Both superb games.

[quote name='mykevermin']dunno. haven't gotten that far yet.[/QUOTE]

It's a minor sidequest only if you get infected with vampirism. That is, you have to be bitten by a vampire, contract hemophagia...or was it hemophilia.....and then not use a cure disease potion for like, 3 in game days.

Just carry Cure disease potions with you, or make sure you have a cure disease spell.

After playing fallout 3 there is just no going back. Oblivion game world is so stale. The only interesting series of quest is with the brotherhood. This game is best on PC where you can install mods like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul which alters the difficulty, hand places unique treasures around the world, etc...but still...FO3 is a great successor.

It's ridiculous. I never really expected to every have EVERY good game a system has. But largely in part to Amazon's contributions... I'm really close to getting there with PS3.

I'm equally close with Wii...for entirely different reasons.

[quote name='pco45']It's ridiculous. I never really expected to every have EVERY good game a system has. But largely in part to Amazon's contributions... I'm really close to getting there with PS3.

I'm equally close with Wii...for entirely different reasons.[/QUOTE]

i'm with you on that... my backlog is HUGE!

[quote name='santasack']Is this really worth it?

Ive not seen the reviews of this game..
smile.gif
[/quote]

It's a great game. If you're into the whole roleplaying thing. If not, then you probably don't dig this as much. I personally preferred Morrowind in the series but thats another argument for another time

In short, I paid $60 and was not disappointed and have no regretted it. Half price is excellent.

Between me and my wife we put in over 225+ hours into Oblivion on the 360, and she was the only one to even try shivering isles.

Now I'm playing Fallout 3 on the PC.

Easily worth your money.

bread's done
Back