R.I.P WoolthWorths 50% of Everything

Is this in Canada or the UK? There hasn't been a Woolworths in my neck of the woods since the 70's

[quote name='HeadRusch']Is this in Canada or the UK? There hasn't been a Woolworths in my neck of the woods since the 70's[/quote]

Woolworths are usually located near a Clover, Strawbridge and Clothier, or Caldor.

well, let's just wait for Gamestop to finally step in and snag up those 800 something reatil stores to achieve easy and fast "UK DOMINATION"... (news/rumors @ kotaku)

sorry, but cannot see this as a good thing :(

They were once but Woolworths (UK) broke off from F W Woolworth some time ago.
Such a tragedy about them going into administration, I'm gonna miss... whatever the heck it was they sold.

[quote name='Exu']They were once but Woolworths (UK) broke off from F W Woolworth some time ago.
Such a tragedy about them going into administration, I'm gonna miss... whatever the heck it was they sold.[/quote]

Pick n mix

There are some good bargins to be had, the microsoft points cards and the xbox live gold cards for example. I've personally just bought a PSP-3000 from there for £120, so I'm happy. I'm going to pop up a different branch and stock up on points cards while they still have some :p

[quote name='Exu']UPDATE

In the morning the closing down sale will begin, hopefully the deals won't suck.[/quote]

I went to my local one before going into college, the deals were the same.

I wont be sad to see Woolies go, havent bought anything but picnmix and a bottle of coke for many years.

Still I will be picking up cheapo xmas gifts there. I hope my mum likes that JML magic mop i've been eyeing.

[quote name='SirStuie']I wont be sad to see Woolies go, havent bought anything but picnmix and a bottle of coke for many years.

Still I will be picking up cheapo xmas gifts there. I hope my mum likes that JML magic mop i've been eyeing.[/quote]

HA! HAHAAHAH! And mum gets upset when I get her a giftcard... :/

Nothing was different. What the heck?!
I don't care if it's 10% off, what I want is still cheaper everywhere else.

The administrators are still trying to sell it as a going concern. Until they start winding up prices wont change much more than normal. The news programmes are really just overreacting at the moment.

I think the real clearance sale will be in January.

(and screw this American spellchecker programmes is a real word)

I don't know, many stores won't make it to Boxing Day. As luck would have it I'm next gonna be down there on Christmas Eve anyway.

[quote name='Exu']I don't know, many stores won't make it to Boxing Day. As luck would have it I'm next gonna be down there on Christmas Eve anyway.[/QUOTE]

you, you... jackall :lol::lol:

I can't wait to see my mum's face on Christmas morning when she finds out I've got her a Woolworths gift voucher!

[quote name='Exu']I can't wait to see my mum's face on Christmas morning when she finds out I've got her a Woolworths gift voucher![/quote]

Thats not funny!
One year I got £40 MCV vouchers and they went bust one month later. Ended up being worth £4.

[quote name='SirStuie']Thats not funny!
One year I got £40 MCV vouchers and they went bust one month later. Ended up being worth £4.[/quote]
Now THAT is funny.

UPDATE

Every Woolworths will shut up shop for good within the next three weeks. Some won't make it past Boxing Day, so for Woolies the start of the sales will also be the end of them.

[quote name='Exu']UPDATE

Every Woolworths will shut up shop for good within the next three weeks. Some won't make it past Boxing Day, so for Woolies the start of the sales will also be the end of them.[/quote]
If i could bag a PS3 for £100 less before they close id do that!

A few stores have got countdowns on the windows of the stores, but if not then go ahead and ask the staff.

Personally I think they should have just put giant hourglasses there so you could watch their time slowly running out.

When pic n mix hits 1p a kilo will be the time to strike.

I have to say its typical Woolworths that they cant even get a closing down sale right

[quote name='SirStuie']When pic n mix hits 1p a kilo will be the time to strike.[/quote]

Damn right. And since I'm the only one I know of who likes those long snake ones, there'll be ample stock for me to buy up.

In my local Woolies the games and consoles now have 20% off now i just bought a 60gb :360: for £130, I was gonna wait to see if the prices came down any more but it was the last one they had in stock, even though they keep getting stuff in there are not sure Wether they will get any more consoles in so i took a risk. Also they have GH III with Guitar for £53.99 :ps3: with another 20% off so thats another £10.50 or so off.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back