Photo
- - - - -

Target offering Skate 2 for $19.99 (PS3)

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#61 iggypop123

iggypop123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

the reason these things never go through are the people that buy 4. that ruins everything. they know something is wrong so they cancel on everyone

#62 bigscoot4269

bigscoot4269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:59 AM

id have to agree iggypop its not enough that you can get a great deal like this people have to go and order a slew of copies and set off all kinds of red flags sometimes its not about reselling something its just about taking advantage of a good deal

#63 Negronometry

Negronometry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:24 AM

I'm with everyone that it's gonna get canceled but hell, it's worth a shot.
Posted Image

#64 bigscoot4269

bigscoot4269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:31 AM

they should just cancel the people who ordered a whole bunch of them its only fair let the people who played by the rules get it for that price teach the others a lesson

#65 WasabiJoe

WasabiJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

In for a cancelled order. I wanted to pick up the first one, just not for $30. I'll be really jazzed if they honor this (which they won't).

#66 Exodus.Lang

Exodus.Lang

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:42 AM

I was already planning on getting this, but if by some miracle I can, that'd be great.

#67 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

Wow I guess it is worth a shot. I will get two copies and see what happens.

Oh and what is the thing about ordering these games through amazon? Can someone please clarify the deal on that?

#68 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:59 AM

Already placed my order for 2 copies. Hopefully everything will go through

#69 Romis

Romis

Honor Among CAGS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:06 AM

l don't think it's wrong to ask a company to stand by it's ads, so long as you were making the purchase in 'good faith' meaning for yourself or family. Plus a reasonable number 1 or 2, not 10 -20, who would ever do that.

l actually like the Skate series, l'm in no way a 'skater' but the controls for Skate (which some gave me a free 360 version) were so easy, made the game fun.

And l'd pick up Skate 2 @ $20, which is a 'Reasonable' price for a game. Affordable by many more than the outrageous $50-$70, they're asking. People are getting sick of paying a premium price for a game to only get it home to find it sucks, and a week later it's dropped to $20-$30 like a rock. Gamestores and companies are starting to become the 'Car Deajler's & Manufactures' of the entertaiment world

#70 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

Worth a shot. Don't have a PS3, but if it does go through I can resell and make a solid $20-$25 on this deal.

Only picked up one though. I'm not going to be a greedy bitch. People who order more than one copy are the ones ruining things like this.

#71 qwerty1

qwerty1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:11 AM

in for thirty copies and if they dont honor it i'll burn down their stores!

:roll:

#72 Keegs

Keegs

Owl + Bungee Cord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:14 AM

Haha this deal would rule if it sticks.

Skate was a great game.

#73 mwestep

mwestep

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:15 AM

I dont really see the point getting onto people who ordered 3+ copies. The deal already died once it hit any forums. Just waiting for the inevitable cancellation email now.

#74 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:15 AM

I love these price mistakes. Such a small chance they go through but worth a shot.

#75 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:26 AM

I bought 56.

Actually, just one. It seemed fun. :) Now I can join the class action lawsuit Romis will file when they cancel our orders. :)

Costs a lot of money to make games, Romis, and Sony and Microsoft all take their cuts. Video games are one of the few things that have stayed steady, or even dropped in price, despite inflation. Nearly everything else has increased in price along with inflation, but games haven't; in some cases, they've actually decreased in price (due to disc-based media being cheaper than cartridges). I know, I repeated myself, but I think it's a fact fun enough to underscore!

Don't get me wrong; I hate paying $60 for games (which is why I never do), and I wish all the in-game ads they were doing would lower the cost rather than just pad the publishers' pockets and supposedly defer development costs and make "better" games possible, but the fact of the matter is that there are a lot of hands in the cookie jar, and to say $50-60 is unreasonable and $20 is better, well... If we want to go back to PSOne-era games, $20 might be reasonable. (And I'd be all for it. Maybe then we'd focus on the game instead of pretty pictures and gimmicks.)

#76 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:33 AM

How do you order this thru amazon??? Can't seem to find how.

#77 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:56 AM

Actually, you have to use www.target.com, and when you're checking out, it'll ask if you want to log in. On the login screen, you can use Amazon.com login info rather than Target.com.

Hopefully that makes sense. I just did it, so...

#78 urge26

urge26

No time for games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:18 AM

already put my purchase in (not expecting anything) but why isn't it correct by now?

#79 YoUnGKiLlAh

YoUnGKiLlAh

Gamer4Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:45 AM

nice find op, in for 1

#80 JUDOHAWK

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

Like others have said, Im not expecting it to go through, but if by some chance they honor it. That'd be awesome XD Im sure the hoarders will ruin it for everyone though.

#81 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

I don't understand why they haven't corrected it or taken the page down, it's been listed for over 24 hours.

#82 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:09 AM

x-blades was listed for a day or two before they realized, not even gonna waste my time trying to buy. This is the third (that I know of) that target has mispriced a presale that is months away from release.
Posted Image

#83 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:14 AM

Eh, placed an order for 1 for the hell of it.

#84 jubeininja69

jubeininja69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:20 AM

great thanks to the greedy people who ordered more than 2 target will cancel it. it might have passed if people were not greedy.

#85 Kandal

Kandal

Can't Handle Kandal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:27 AM

Ordered one just to see what will happen...

ditto
Posted Image
My PSN CAG Sharing Group 6
My Playstation 3
My Buy/Sell/Trade List IF YOU PM ME, Please GIVE ME A BUMP on my TRADE LIST!

#86 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

Hope it goes through.

#87 Young Deezy

Young Deezy

I wipe my own ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

lol somebody for the love of god please tell me if this gets processed for them.

#88 cagvash

cagvash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

Should be an awesome game.

#89 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Well my order says it is suppose to ship out on the 8th or 9th of December. I am hoping it goes through!

#90 vsingh1

vsingh1

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:43 AM

got one. Thanks for the heads up. Hope it goes through.