Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Receive an AOL IM when new deals are posted on the front page

Send this IM to AOL IM user name blogchangebot:
Code:
subscribe [url]www.cheapassgamer.com[/url]

Now you will receive an IM whenever a new deal appears on the front page. If you are offline, you will receive an IM when you log on to AOL IM. If multiple new deals are posted, you will still only receive one IM.

If you want to unsubscribe just send this IM to blogchangebot:
Code:
unsubscribe [url]www.cheapassgamer.com[/url]

Note: there seems to be about a 15 minute delay from when a deal is posted, to when you recieve the IM. I'll see if I can shorten the delay.

*Thanks to http://www.neuronwave.com/bcb/ for this cool service*

I don't have AOL Instant Messanger, but I have AOL and I can IM. It wouldn't let me sign up since I don't have Instant Messanger, so can you add TJordan522 (my AOL s/n) to the list for me? Thanks!

[quote name='TJordan522']I don't have AOL Instant Messanger, but I have AOL and I can IM. It wouldn't let me sign up since I don't have Instant Messanger, so can you add TJordan522 (my AOL s/n) to the list for me? Thanks![/quote]

just send this IM to blogchangebot:
subscribe www.cheapassgamer.com/mt

I just got a notification...so perhaps things are now functioning properly.

Hopefully, daily emails will be ready to be up and running by tomorrow.

Looks to be back on the fritz.... new deals posted and no updates sent, and it usually sends them within 5 minutes to an hour

Somewhat back working, got 1 of the 3 new changes updated

Yeah, sometimes when I post a new deal, the ping doesn't go through properly.
I've just discovered a way to ping manually, so I think we should be all set going forward.

and its looking to be flaky again......

I didn't get the lik-sang, and I don't remember getting the Hitz one, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='BigDirty']and its looking to be flaky again......

I didn't get the lik-sang, and I don't remember getting the Hitz one, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

Yeah, its crapping out again...well, hopefully it will be 100% at some point, because its really a cool idea.
I'll send its creator an email and see whats up.

[quote name='BigDirty']It's back operational again

Three cheers for cheapy[/quote]

I wish I could take credit for it, but its really totally out of my hands.

Pretty neat little service, though.

Yeah, I'm usually the first to know when its not working. Not too much I can do about it.

Oh well, its fun when it works.

Just curious, where does the IM come from? Is it from blogchangebot? I got all but my buddy list blocked so I dont get IMed from people I dont wanna talk to.

Does it work with celphone?

o yeah, I have one request. Can Cheapy post a notice on the front page, warning people PLEASE DON'T SPREAD DEAL OUTSIDE OF THIS SITE. It probably won't work, but I am sick of people spreading deals from this site to the other message boards.

possible to add MSN messanger support as well since many of us like myself don't use AOL IM ?

I don't think its helped by the fact that we can warn the bot.. *sigh*
it was up at 25% warning level tonight.

FYI. It still doesn't work for me. You've updated the main page several times today and I have yet to receive an IM. I resubscribed just like you suggested. I've given up on the IM bot. I'm on this site most of the day anyhow...

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Firebrand']I'm on the site all day. Who needs alerts?[/quote]

Lol same[/quote]

same here as well

I just signed up for this on my new T-mobile samsung x105 phone. blogchangebot has responded i am signed up, and ill see how well this works today

It has never worked for me and I have tried to get it working several times. Plus, there are too many idiots sending a warning to the bot. What good is a bot that can't send IMs when its warning percentage is too high?

...not very. I dunno...im just having fun screwing around with my phone :) (goes back to listening to LOZ theme song ringtone)

Yes, there is a problem with the service.
AOL has banned the servers's IP address.
I'll keep you updated.

bread's done
Back