Saints Row 2

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#31 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:37 PM

There is a patch for version 1.20. Any one know what it's for??? I played last night and tonight. So I know it was updated today.

BUMP

Also, is there no Official Saint's Row 2 thread here in the PS3 forums????
Posted Image

#32 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

big ass chains, you want co-op hit me or bmachine up!!

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#33 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Compared to GTA:SA, which felt like the territory attacks happened every ten minutes, it's much better. It was something along the lines of after every other mission there was a territory attack. However, I DID generally play through the story missions without really screwing around...I suppose there's a chance that it's actually a time-based thing rather than event based.

Still, I didn't feel like I would gain a territory and then five minutes later have to retake another.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#34 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

hah I finally got my own copy again from goozex so if anyone is still up for playing some muiltiplayer, I'm up for it, just PM me or catch me on PSN or xfire. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also check my GameFly Referral link here ;)

#35 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:25 AM

The dlc looks awesome.

http://www.eurogamer...posed-interview

Edited by ryosnk, 06 April 2009 - 03:36 AM.

#36 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:12 AM

I just finished 100% on GTAIV (I've never really taken the time to do it for any of the series). I've heard so much talk about this that I am definitely curious. The game just looks...fun.

So the worst part is AI pathfinding and lame characters?

How good is the Zombie Uprising mini game?

Ugh, I probably won't ever get it because of no trophies.

#37 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:20 AM

I just finished 100% on GTAIV (I've never really taken the time to do it for any of the series). I've heard so much talk about this that I am definitely curious. The game just looks...fun.

Ugh, I probably won't ever get it because of no trophies.

Your loss then. XD

I traded my GTA IV copy for SR 2 and I'm having more fun with it then I did with GTA IV.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:36 AM

Your loss then. XD

I traded my GTA IV copy for SR 2 and I'm having more fun with it then I did with GTA IV.

damn, seeing you say that makes me want SR2 but I really want some trophies... for this game. Maybe if the DLC has its own set of trophies, I'll go ahead and pick it up. Or... I'll just wait until the greatest hits version comes out.
Posted Image

#39 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:41 AM

Anyone interested in some Saint's Row 2 multiplayer action this Friday night around 10pm EST?

#40 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:10 AM

Which version is better? 360 or PS3?

Posted Image

#41 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:19 AM

Your loss then. XD

I asked two questions.

#42 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:00 AM

Which version is better? 360 or PS3?

I've heard this game and Red Faction have issues on PS3 .

card.pngl1.gif

#43 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I asked two questions.

Oh the Zombie Uprising game is pretty fun. I only played it a couple times co-op with bmachine. I heard when you beat it you get a zombie costume for your avatar lol. Not sure how many levels there are.

Anyone have problem joining co-op?

My friend rented the game last night, so I tried to join his game and when I went to the co-op or join menu, the PS3 would just freeze.. I could not even go back to the XMB.. I had to reboot.. but when I was playing, he was able to join my game just fine..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

Anyone have problem joining co-op?

Sin, when you and I played together right after Xmas it worked fine...kube00 and I played together a few weeks back and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. Once we did, the VOIP was a mess, too.

#45 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:11 AM

Sin, when you and I played together right after Xmas it worked fine...kube00 and I played together a few weeks back and we had a bitch of a time connecting to each other. Once we did, the VOIP was a mess, too.

OK I figured out what happened. I read this on the SR forums.. My online profile file got corrupted, so I deleted it from the data (not my auto save game file), it says online profile data.. Well i deleted that and it works great now.. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:31 PM

does anyone know what the version update about a month ago was??? my post got pushed backed. Were they just updating way early to prepare for the upcoming DLC???

Another question: Do any of you call your 'homies' on your phone. Every time I've tried they aren't there so I never looked up what they do or cared to try again. made it 98% through the game without them, oh well.
Posted Image

#47 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

does anyone know what the version update about a month ago was??? my post got pushed backed. Were they just updating way early to prepare for the upcoming DLC???

Another question: Do any of you call your 'homies' on your phone. Every time I've tried they aren't there so I never looked up what they do or cared to try again. made it 98% through the game without them, oh well.

I've found that whether or not I get answers when I call for a homie or taxi, ect, it depends on if I'm close to a road or not if they answer. I don't know what the logic would be otherwise.
Posted Image

#48 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:04 AM

I called that lawyer as a homie (I unlocked by beating the Fight club in the prison) and had him follow me around on a couple of missions.

Also does anyone know to get the Ninja gang? I did something that said I unlocked ninjas but I don't know how to use them??
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:33 AM

I called that lawyer as a homie (I unlocked by beating the Fight club in the prison) and had him follow me around on a couple of missions.

Also does anyone know to get the Ninja gang? I did something that said I unlocked ninjas but I don't know how to use them??

Go to the saints hideout and theres an icon right off the main room for gang customization
Posted Image

#50 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:20 AM

Go to the saints hideout and theres an icon right off the main room for gang customization

Is it only at the saints hideout? Or any crib?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

Anyone wanna play some multiplayer/co-op tonight around 10pm EST?

Is it only at the saints hideout? Or any crib?

I'm pretty sure you can only do it at the Saint's hideout under the church.

#52 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

Randy I should be around.. if you see me on PSN send me a PM.

lol I forgot where the church is.. I'll have to look.. I'm also trying to find the abandoned drive in theater in Arena district but I can't find that either lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:06 AM

Randy I should be around.. if you see me on PSN send me a PM.

lol I forgot where the church is.. I'll have to look.. I'm also trying to find the abandoned drive in theater in Arena district but I can't find that either lol.

Hopping on in a second.
I'm pretty sure I know where the drive-in...I'll try to show you.

#54 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:55 AM

Hopping on in a second.
I'm pretty sure I know where the drive-in...I'll try to show you.

I just popped on PSN and sent you a message but it looks like you were getting ready to log off as you just went offline. :(

let me know when you're online next.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 04:49 AM

Ah, sorry. I futzed around for 45 minutes or so but no one else was on.
Must've just missed you!

#56 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

speaking of the drive-in....some of those places are hard to find. like in the marina district....the gift shop and the hotel ( i know this one should be obvious but I kept trying to get in the wrong building).
Posted Image

#57 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

Just picked up the CE. Do you guys still play this online? I'd like to get in on some CAG multiplayer action. Also, is the DLC required to enjoy all of the multiplayer?

test.gif

#58 Sinistar

Sinistar

Bob's my uncle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:27 AM

Yeah I play online sometime, have not bought the DLC yet.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:40 AM

Anyone know about a glitch where the one Ultor stronghold on the northern island won't show up? I drove up there multiple times and the damn icon to start the mission isn't there, but the Ultor icon is on the map. It's in Nob's Hill or somewhere near there.

By the way, has anyone found the secret mission with Julius yet? If not, check out YouTube, since they show you where you have to go to activate it(Stillwater PD HQ).

EDIT: I just read a FAQ on the game that says the stronghold mission is INSIDE the mall where you fight the leader of the Samdi.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#60 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

Anyone know about a glitch where the one Ultor stronghold on the northern island won't show up? I drove up there multiple times and the damn icon to start the mission isn't there, but the Ultor icon is on the map. It's in Nob's Hill or somewhere near there.

By the way, has anyone found the secret mission with Julius yet? If not, check out YouTube, since they show you where you have to go to activate it(Stillwater PD HQ).

EDIT: I just read a FAQ on the game that says the stronghold mission is INSIDE the mall where you fight the leader of the Samdi.

the Ultor stronghold that's supposed to show up near the mall?!?!?!?! That's exactly where I left off playing!!!! I tried driving around the south side of the city, doing side missions, etc. Nothing worked. I've yet to pick it back up because of this.

secret mission....I'll check it out, thanx.
Posted Image