Saints Row 2

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:46 PM

Oh, and make sure to spend some time tinkering with the cars at the mechanics shops, I got through about 70% of the game before I realized I could upgrade and customize vehicles.

Just wait until you get the BEAR and customize it. I put huge 28"(?) rims on it, with kneecappers, a bad ass paint job, and full upgrades. It's incredible.

#122 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

Yup. Said it before, this game is everything GTA4 should have been

#123 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

Just wait until you get the BEAR and customize it. I put huge 28"(?) rims on it, with kneecappers, a bad ass paint job, and full upgrades. It's incredible.

Oh ya, the Bear is a great assault vehicle. Tough as nails, mounted machine gun, and room for your full crew. With the nitrous and front bumper mods you'll be blowing through cars in your way like a hot knife through butter :lol:.

I'm just sad there is no mechanics shop to tinker with the styling, color, etc. of planes, helicopters, and boats.

Guardian_owl.png

#124 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

so I guess we're gonna have to get some mp or co-op one of these days

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#125 Boeing 747

Boeing 747

In The Name of Harman...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:36 AM

I rented this around when it came out but got too addicted to FIFA 09 to care about it and just now picked it up.. I have to say I sort of judged it the first time I saw it..seemed like it was a bit over the top with the "gangsta" crap but overall it's not that bad.

It is everything GTAIV should have been, the missions are all entertaining and fun, the city is more varied, planes, sky diving, streaking, all the different activities and side things.. amazingly fun. The only real downside is the graphics.. not great but easily forgivable.

The only thing I think GTA did better was cabs, it's alot easier to get in any then it is to call and wait.. but it's not that big of a deal.. I only wish it had trophies, since it's perfect with all the different things and activities.. oh well.

#126 natureboy46

natureboy46

Fields of Anfield Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

Picked the CE up from Best Buy yesterday for $20. Was thinking of starting it soon but wondering if I should wait for a possible (although highly unlikely) trophy patch.

Is there any hope of trophies?
"if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?" -ev

Posted Image

Posted Image

#127 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

Picked the CE up from Best Buy yesterday for $20. Was thinking of starting it soon but wondering if I should wait for a possible (although highly unlikely) trophy patch.

Is there any hope of trophies?

Nope, Volition definitely said there will not be a trophy patch.

FYI, I went ahead and started that DLC gameshare group if anyone is interested
http://www.cheapassg...t.php?p=6229087

Guardian_owl.png

#128 natureboy46

natureboy46

Fields of Anfield Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

Nope, Volition definitely said there will not be a trophy patch.

FYI, I went ahead and started that DLC gameshare group if anyone is interested
http://www.cheapassg...t.php?p=6229087

Oh, okay. Disappointing that there's no trophy patch (especially as they went to the trouble of making DLC) but life goes on.

I actually just started my other bargain buy, Mercenaries 2, and I'm pleasantly surprised so far.
"if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?" -ev

Posted Image

Posted Image