Gillette/EA Sports $10 Holiday Rebate

kevin82485

CAGiversary!
Buy a Gillette Fusion razor and ONE of the following EA Sports games:Tiger 09, Madden 09, NASCAR 09, NBA Live 09, or Facebreaker and get $10 off through mail-in rebate. Rebate form is on link below. Purchases must be made between October 6, 2008 and March 31, 2009. Must be post marked by March 31, 2009. Must be for 360, PS3, or Wii.

http://www.gillette.com/easports/en-US/assets/pdf/holidayrebate.pdf

I'd suggest waiting as long as possible in hopes that the price on some of these games will drop even more, then sending in the rebate. It's kind of a hassle, but hey, $10 is $10.

Also, the rebate rules say nothing about whether the game has to be brand new. So, if you go to Gamestop or wherever you could theoretically buy a used copy and still get $10 off.

Update: I called the rebate center for this deal, and the rep did not say it had to be a brand new game, but suggested that if you buy a used game to call them to confirm that the UPC is valid. Obviously the UPC on the game case would be valid, but maybe she meant the UPC on the receipt might be different if its a used game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='v1et r1ce']Damn. I could have used this during black friday for Madden!!!!

Thanks OP.[/quote]

You can still use it (that is unless you lost the receipt for Madden), the razor and game purchases don't have to be on the same receipt. Just go buy yourself a Fusion razor and you're golden. If you don't shave, give the razor as a X-mas stocking stuffer or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kevin82485']Also, the rebate rules say nothing about whether the game has to be brand new. So, if you go to Gamestop or wherever you could theoretically buy a used copy and still get $10 off.[/quote]

That is brilliant.

Yeah, I bought a razor last week, but none of those games interest me. I had the same idea with Facebreaker for $12.48 clearance at Target.... but I had seen it before I knew of the rebate and its gone now.

WTF to "Residents of Oregon must submit rebate form within seven days of purchase." :bomb:

I picked up Facebreaker for $12.48 last month, and a Fusion razor in Oct. They would have qualified if not for this stupid term :bomb:

I got Facebreaker for 12 at Target, and I need a new razor, this is awesome, well ok cool anyways, now to go to Wally World for a razor.

I bought Tiger Woods All-Play 09 for my brother on amazon earlier today - then I see this.

10 bucks off, but a razor costs 10 bucks so basically just a free razor :(.

[quote name='mhnajjar']Don't they have to be on the same receipt?[/quote]
Don't think so. The T&C says "receipt(s)".

to make it a better deal but a bit more complicated, In last sunday's newspaper there was a $4 off coupon for fusion razors with the P&G ads.

Rite aid had fusion razors on sale for $9 -$5 online (or mail in) gift card. So sort of free after rebate and coupon. The razor I bought had a free mini bottle of shaving cream and shampoo inside..

did not know about the target deal with facebreaker. Maybe I will have to try to find it..

[quote name='mhnajjar']Don't they have to be on the same receipt?[/quote]

Like someone else said, probably not. But figuring I'd throw a little joke here, I wonder how many places you could buy a razor and a video game :lol:

Besides Walmart...

(Hmm but then again with an EA game you can buy them at McDonalds, Starbucks, your great aunts cabin, etc.,)

[quote name='bill esquivel']to make it a better deal but a bit more complicated, In last sunday's newspaper there was a $4 off coupon for fusion razors with the P&G ads.

Rite aid had fusion razors on sale for $9 -$5 online (or mail in) gift card. So sort of free after rebate and coupon. The razor I bought had a free mini bottle of shaving cream and shampoo inside..

did not know about the target deal with facebreaker. Maybe I will have to try to find it..[/quote]
Take note people, THIS is how you make the coupons work for you.

Good find esquivel, I applaud you :applause:

Facebreaker is 14.99 at newegg now - if only I could pimp that deal with the coupons! I don't get sunday paper! Maybe they have it online! And yes! I am doing it on purpose!

Sweet was at Walmart and found Fusion Travel Pack, that had a whole bunch of stuff for only $10, so basically I get this free if I get the rebate back, and Facebreaker for $12 at Target.

Walmart now has Gillette Fusion Gift Pack which were originally $15 then $10 now are only $5, pick these up with BB Facebreaker for $9 and both will only cost you $5.

as for target receipt, it only has dcpi number & something like ps3 game on it. How can they know it is for the facebreaker game?

Facebreaker (360/PS3) is $9.99 this coming week at Best Buy (without the need for RZ gamer's club) as reflected in the ad. Ad price goes into effect 1/11.

Figured this thread could use a bump for anybody who might bite on Facebreaker.

Pieces of CRAP. Got a letter in the mail stating that the Gillette Fusion razor I purchased didn't meet the requirements of the offer. I read through it again and it states purchase fusion razor and EA game (facebreaker) which I did and sent in UPC and rebate form. I have a feeling this was a scam from the start. I hate MIR. I sent them a nasty email and told them I will buy Schick from now on.:bomb:

I hope the $10 was worth it for them. Also, did anybody else receive the rebate?

[quote name='pun123']Pieces of CRAP. Got a letter in the mail stating that the Gillette Fusion razor I purchased didn't meet the requirements of the offer. I read through it again and it states purchase fusion razor and EA game (facebreaker) which I did and sent in UPC and rebate form. I have a feeling this was a scam from the start. I hate MIR. I sent them a nasty email and told them I will buy Schick from now on.:bomb:

I hope the $10 was worth it for them. Also, did anybody else receive the rebate?[/quote]

Did you include all of the following?:

-UPC from Fusion package
-receipt for Fusion razor (with store name and purchase price circled)
-receipt for qualifying game (with store name and purchase price circled)

I haven't sent off for the rebate (haven't bought a game that qualifies), but I know how particular these rebate companies can be (I actually used to work at one). The whole thing is a farce..... they know that generally XX% of people are not going to bother, are going to forget, or are going to overlook a particular required item. It sucks.

Update: Yes I sent everything needed in, they tried to say that because I bought the Fusion Razor Gift Pack (razor included) it wouldn't count but this morning I got a reply from my nasty email I sent them yesterday threatening I would use Schick razors for now on, stating:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest in Proctor & Gamble.
Your rebate had been denied due to an error in the submission. Your request has been resubmitted for processing. Your new tracking number for this rebate is ########. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your submission to be processed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for choosing Proctor & Gamble.

Sincerely,
Fred H.
Customer Care

As usual you have to keep on these people just to squeeze a few bucks out of them.

[quote name='pun123']Update: Yes I sent everything needed in, they tried to say that because I bought the Fusion Razor Gift Pack (razor included) it wouldn't count but this morning I got a reply from my nasty email I sent them yesterday threatening I would use Schick razors for now on, stating:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your interest in Proctor & Gamble.
Your rebate had been denied due to an error in the submission. Your request has been resubmitted for processing. Your new tracking number for this rebate is ########. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for your submission to be processed.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience regarding this matter.

Thank you for choosing Proctor & Gamble.

Sincerely,
Fred H.
Customer Care

As usual you have to keep on these people just to squeeze a few bucks out of them.
[/quote]

Even though you technically bought the razor it does state "One (1) Gillette® Fusion® Razor". They obviously intended for the consumer to buy the individual razors. This is probably due to that most gift packs are cheaper because of the bundle element. Gillette and any other company running MIR promotions need to nail down the verbiage before launching these things. Both of you are in the right because you technically bought the razor just probably not the way they intended or had planned for. Hoping to see my check in the next couple of weeks.

I purchased a gift pack as well (because it was cheaper than just the razor alone). I received my $10 check last week.

Walgreens has what looks to be all Fusion razors on sale this week for $8.99.
Also, there is an ad in the weekly flyer for $6 Register Rewards (a coupon good on your next Walgreens purchase) with purchase of the Fusion Gamer. That makes the net price $2.99.
Today is the last day of this particular ad, though.

Seems like a fairly inexpensive way to qualify for the $10 rebate.

Target ad this week:
Fusion Power razor $7.99
Free $5 Target giftcard with purchase of 2

I liked the Walgreens deal better, but there it is.

Facebreaker (360) is now $10 at Wal*Mart, for those who missed ouit on the Target clearance and the Best Buy sale.

[quote name='gantt']Target ad this week:
Fusion Power razor $7.99
Free $5 Target giftcard with purchase of 2

I liked the Walgreens deal better, but there it is.[/QUOTE]

you also may want to check your Sunday paper ads for coupons from Procter and Gamble for $4 off of any Fusion razor. That could knock your out of pocket costs down considerably.

I used an earlier $4 off coupon at Target for the clearanced Fusion Power razor (going for $6.95) less the $4 coupon so I had an out of pocket cost of $2.95 plus the Target clearance for Madden Anniversary game @$22.48 so the $10 off rebate will be nice.

bread's done
Back