Photo
- - - - -

The Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread XX - SMG $25 new, disc-only used 360/Wii games $9.99!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6426 replies to this topic

#2551 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Why is Wii Sports suddenly going for $50+ on Ebay? Does it no longer come bundled with the Wii?

I've been to 3 Blockbuster/Gamerush stores. The used game selection was wiped out at all of them for the most part. They had plenty of the new games that are on clearance though. Didn't see anything I needed.

I did buy Hulk and Iron Man bobble heads on clearance for $5 each. Thought about getting the Mario Bros. miniatures at $2.99 each but waiting to see if they get cheaper. Grabbed a Dark Knight Joker bobble head for $15 after noticing them selling out everywhere (was going to wait to see if the price dropped). Keeping an eye on the clearanced electronics.

Splurged and got my g/f the $60 deluxe edition of the Dark Knight Blu-Ray, as I have plenty of credit built up. Hopefully, it doesn't drop in price in a couple weeks and piss me off.

#2552 bardiya27

bardiya27

CAGausaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:28 AM

My blockbuster stopped carrying Vanilla Visa's. I hope it's not a nationwide thing.

Posted Image

#2553 JrHu92

JrHu92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

I'm going to BB tomorrow and if Gamestop is still having the $5 extra for every wii game what are some good wii games to look for so I can flip them. Also what are some other good 360/PS3 games to look for to flip.

#2554 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

Here's a crazy thought. There are two Gamestops in my local mall. According to the website on has Prince of Persia and Farcry 2 the other has Endwar. If the B2G1 free were still going on, could I go into one Gamestop, buy the Endwar walk to the other one around the corner and return Endwar to that store, then buy it back along with the other two games for the b2g1 free?

#2555 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

My blockbuster stopped carrying Vanilla Visa's. I hope it's not a nationwide thing.

It's nationwide. They have been pulled, it's all over the thread some pages back.

#2556 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:43 AM

Here's a crazy thought. There are two Gamestops in my local mall. According to the website on has Prince of Persia and Farcry 2 the other has Endwar. If the B2G1 free were still going on, could I go into one Gamestop, buy the Endwar walk to the other one around the corner and return Endwar to that store, then buy it back along with the other two games for the b2g1 free?

Definitely. I've never had a problem doing this, and I've done it at at least a dozen different stores. The employees all knew what was going on and thought it was a smart tactic. This is a great way to get a group of three. Also, I've been going around an picking up my groups of three before the B2G1 actually starts. I'll go in an return all three then rebuy, and I can just get the credit back on the Edge card. I did it for 4 groups of 3 this past weekend.
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#2557 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:44 AM

Definitely. I've never had a problem doing this, and I've done it at at least a dozen different stores. The employees all knew what was going on and thought it was a smart tactic. This is a great way to get a group of three. Also, I've been going around an picking up my groups of three before the B2G1 actually starts. I'll go in an return all three then rebuy, and I can just get the credit back on the Edge card. I did it for 4 groups of 3 this past weekend.

I wish it'd hit me while the deal was still going on.

#2558 hotrocks

hotrocks

I'm Super Cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:45 AM

well today i just sold rock band 1 for $20

i forgot to ask them, but do you guys think they will take track pack 2?
My Guide On Getting Free Anything!

Want a .com domain and one year of premium hosting? PM ME!

Posted Image

My Trading List

#2559 JrHu92

JrHu92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:49 AM

well today i just sold rock band 1 for $20

i forgot to ask them, but do you guys think they will take track pack 2?

yeah Gamestop takes any current gen or last gen game

#2560 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

Garage-sale/Thrift KING!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

I'm going to BB tomorrow and if Gamestop is still having the $5 extra for every wii game what are some good wii games to look for so I can flip them. Also what are some other good 360/PS3 games to look for to flip.

check the post 3 pages back that says to check the OP.

I couldnt find a store with all three this weekend, finaly one of the managers told me to buy a crappy 34.99 game as the free game and then trade it in at anoher GS for POP, I tried it and it worked great.

P.S. how big is your mall that it can support 2 GameStops? I remember malls back in the day that had Babages, Funcoland, GameCo, and one other store, but that's like putting 2 radio shacks in tha same mall. Crazy

#2561 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:57 AM

Why is Wii Sports suddenly going for $50+ on Ebay? Does it no longer come bundled with the Wii?

It's been that way pretty much since a few months after the Wii's release. If you buy a used system, it doesn't have the game and it's a really popular game.

This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

#2562 hotrocks

hotrocks

I'm Super Cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:58 AM

yeah Gamestop takes any current gen or last gen game

i was talkin bout best buy

and how much you think?
My Guide On Getting Free Anything!

Want a .com domain and one year of premium hosting? PM ME!

Posted Image

My Trading List

#2563 Chitown021

Chitown021

Blackhawks headed to the finals!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

Yeah, well I completely hosed myself up. I cancelled my order so I could go with Prince of Persia instead (and apply CAG16). Well, it took about a half hour to cancel like they said it would. The problem is, when I go to reorder Wii Sports it says I've exceeded the limit - hooray for crappy order processing management!

Edit - finally got through on the phone. They say I have to wait 72 hours to reorder it :rofl:. Oh, this is SO not worth it.

That sounds like a real pain in the ass io.

what is the timeframe for the 2 per household limit? Is it a permanent thing on the account so you can only order 2 for the lifetime of the account?
[URL="https://www.playfire.com/Chitown021"]Posted Image[/URL]PSN Gamercards

#2564 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:02 AM

It's been that way pretty much since a few months after the Wii's release. If you buy a used system, it doesn't have the game and it's a really popular game.

Ya, I'm amazed at how many people call The Wii a Wii Sports, It's like they have no idea it plays other games.

#2565 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

So a sad milestone has passed today, due to my trade suspension, I zeroed out all my remaining BBV credit, I do not have a single penny left on any of my value cards or at any BBV store. I used it all on the B1G1F. My sons friends now all have copies of Crackdown and Mass Effect, and my nephew has made out like a bandit.

Thank god there are no new games coming out, I think I'm going to replace my BBV addiction with some quality time in the Sauna.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2566 capturedpenguin

capturedpenguin

Spidey Sense

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:05 AM

Finally found a BBV with Wii games on the east side of town.

Game - BBV Price - GS Base Tradein
:wii: Battle of the Bands $9.99 < 5.00 (10.50 after bonus)
:wii: Pool Party $9.99 < 5.00 (10.50 after bonus)

Also paired
:xbox: Family Guy $6.99 < 3.75 (5.25 after 40% bonus)
:ds: Assassin's Creed $6.99 < 5.00 (7.00 after 40% bonus)

Didn't really do much but flips are very sparse atm for me.

#2567 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:07 AM

Mail him some shit in a bag!!

Then you could send him a singing male hooker-gram.

Sounds like someone was watching a bit too much entourage, bravo though, thats some funny Ari right there.

#2568 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:12 AM

check the post 3 pages back that says to check the OP.

I couldnt find a store with all three this weekend, finaly one of the managers told me to buy a crappy 34.99 game as the free game and then trade it in at anoher GS for POP, I tried it and it worked great.

P.S. how big is your mall that it can support 2 GameStops? I remember malls back in the day that had Babages, Funcoland, GameCo, and one other store, but that's like putting 2 radio shacks in tha same mall. Crazy

It's actually not that big. One Gamestop used to be a Babbages, and one used to be EB. Both have since been consumed by Gamestop.

#2569 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:23 AM

Sounds like someone was watching a bit too much entourage, bravo though, thats some funny Ari right there.

to tell the truth, I don't know what entourage is, but I actually used to have a friend that would shit on people's front door steps...I tried it once in college and the person came to the door as i was doing it....talk about an awkward situation....and the singing hooker....just my demented mind i guess.

It's actually not that big. One Gamestop used to be a Babbages, and one used to be EB. Both have since been consumed by Gamestop.

tell me why GS isnt a monopoly? IT seems that they bougth off the competition, Was Game Crazy around pre 2003-4? I dont think i had seen one before then.

#2570 JAGII

JAGII

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:41 AM

any one play godfather-wii?

any good?

Yeah, actually, and I liked it quite a bit, especially on the Wii. There's a perverse pleasure in waving the Wiimote back and forth to slap a shop owner you're trying to extort.

I'm a huge fan of the movies (well, the first two, anyway), and I did enjoy all of the little winks and nods-- you get to break into Waltz's place to plant the horse head in his bed, you plant the gun behind the toilet for Michael. Plus, everyone but Pacino does the voices for their characters, including Brando!

#2571 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:06 AM

Flame away but...
Wii Sports available as of 12:04

It won't let me buy any, says I have exceeded the 2 per household limit.
REALLY!?!

Edited by stone1061, 31 December 2008 - 05:53 AM.

Posted Image

#2572 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:11 AM

Also, today is the first time I've encountered someone who literally smelled like dishwater.

:lol: Classic! Were you in a GS? That's a very apt description for a few children I had the misfortune of standing behind at a GS this weekend.

Actually, that dishwater would probably be a sugar-coated term for their smell; and standing behind them is a little inaccurate too, because they were literally climbing all over stuff like monkeys and throwing things at the CSR's. Then they proceeded to knock over a display on the counter as their caretaker looked on with utter indifferance...ahh, the miracle of children!

Same day, at another GS, I litterally had to walk out of the store because of the odor of another young gentleman.

#2573 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:21 AM

:lol: Classic! Were you in a GS? That's a very apt description for a few children I had the misfortune of standing behind at a GS this weekend.

Actually, that dishwater would probably be a sugar-coated term for their smell; and standing behind them is a little inaccurate too, because they were literally climbing all over stuff like monkeys and throwing things at the CSR's. Then they proceeded to knock over a display on the counter as their caretaker looked on with utter indifferance...ahh, the miracle of children!

Same day, at another GS, I litterally had to walk out of the store because of the odor of another young gentleman.

No I was at Blockbuster. i was walking in the walk of some random woman and what i assume to be her grandchild when I was struck by the acute scent of detergent and uneaten food scraps.

#2574 Sinnbox

Sinnbox

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#2575 Halo3Champ

Halo3Champ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

Okay so I traded in a few to many copies of multiple games and did some stupid stuff early on. Haven't traded in months but when I did, I made out like a bandit. Anyways, my stores know my name and face like immediately when i walk in the door. I went into a store yesterday to buy a wii fit and boom the lady asked me what i was doing with all of them, I of course told her i was making a fortune selling them. I have bought like every wii and wii fit from every store, every time they get any. No one has ever said anything and boom I told her. Then she started going on about a eye of judgement game i had traded in without a camera and a battle pad months back. I was like do you want me to buy it back from you right now. She was like no, and i was like okay well I am not doing anything illegal. She was like well we had some majors problems with stuff going on from you. Anyways, I never traded in a non legit game and of course the blockbuster employees looked over every trade and approved whatever they wanted to. They easily could of said no go, but of course they didnt and then boom I am the criminal it seems. Now when they scan my card it shows up like a flashing message, not sure if it says to accept trades or not accept trades anymore but it says something to the extent of do not sell wii or wiifits to this person because he buys them all up.

A) How do i go about getting a new account
B) Why does blockbuster care if i buy all there stuff since it sits on shelves for weeks anyways
C) Would it benefit me in anyway to call the DM
D) Does this sound like a store by store situation or entire district? Some stores dont care that i resell the stuff, they just seem happy to be selling it.

#2576 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

No I was at Blockbuster. i was walking in the walk of some random woman and what i assume to be her grandchild when I was struck by the acute scent of detergent and uneaten food scraps.

Awesome...do you work in a kitchen? I do, and know that smell all too well, unfortunately, but it should be confined to dishpits, and not people!

#2577 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:53 AM

D) Does this sound like a store by store situation or entire district? Some stores dont care that i resell the stuff, they just seem happy to be selling it.

I mean if that's your way to cash out, more power to you, but I wouldn't be so brazen as to flaunt that fact to their employees.

If they ask you what stuff is for, hell just don't reply, or have a nice little story ready. And even though I might have recently purchased the same item, I always have a nephew, or a little sister, or a friend that's been dying to pick up said item, and grabbing it is really going to make their birthday/x-mas/boxing day, etc...(you get the idea)

A good heart-warming story, a smile, and a pleasant nature will go very far in helping you to avoid suspicion, and the inevitable banhammer!

#2578 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:01 AM

Okay so I traded in a few to many copies of multiple games and did some stupid stuff early on. Haven't traded in months but when I did, I made out like a bandit. Anyways, my stores know my name and face like immediately when i walk in the door. I went into a store yesterday to buy a wii fit and boom the lady asked me what i was doing with all of them, I of course told her i was making a fortune selling them. I have bought like every wii and wii fit from every store, every time they get any. No one has ever said anything and boom I told her. Then she started going on about a eye of judgement game i had traded in without a camera and a battle pad months back. I was like do you want me to buy it back from you right now. She was like no, and i was like okay well I am not doing anything illegal. She was like well we had some majors problems with stuff going on from you. Anyways, I never traded in a non legit game and of course the blockbuster employees looked over every trade and approved whatever they wanted to. They easily could of said no go, but of course they didnt and then boom I am the criminal it seems. Now when they scan my card it shows up like a flashing message, not sure if it says to accept trades or not accept trades anymore but it says something to the extent of do not sell wii or wiifits to this person because he buys them all up.

A) How do i go about getting a new account
B) Why does blockbuster care if i buy all there stuff since it sits on shelves for weeks anyways
C) Would it benefit me in anyway to call the DM

Just blow smoke up their ass from now on. They may assume they know what you are doing anyway, but they likely wont touch you if you keep making up stories. I have bought the same game on four or five occasions from some stores, and they never even noticed because I bought them one at a time or mixed them in with other items. If they ask, my cousin, girlfriend, mom, dad, roommate, friend asked me to buy it for them if I see it.

Even though they may piss you off, remember you are bending the rules to the extreme. Just bite your tongue and let them think what they want.

In the end, calling the DM likely wont help if youve been flipping. Just let it go by the wayside and drift into another district if need be.

#2579 inbetweenphase

inbetweenphase

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

picked up Prince of Persia: SoT (PS2) and Final Fantasy VI (GBA) for $7 +tax today. Very cool.

#2580 majinvegeta-88

majinvegeta-88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:04 AM

Yeah, it does, but at least you only missed out on like four bucks with a $30 transaction.

Onto Blockbuster news, I found a new copy of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) for $11.99 at a store tonight. I don't think this will be a likely find for anyone, but that's a fantastic price, so I bought it even though I already have a used copy (that I bought for a little less, but still haven't touched). I figure I can give one to my brother and we can play online.

Also, I saw some converted rentals of Fallout 3 for the PS3, and they were all tagged at $34.99! This seems like a fantastic price for what I hear is one helluva good game. Also, I found a copy of Samba De Amigo and the tag shows that it was converted on Sunday, so maybe you'll be able to start finding them this week or next.

Anyone else see fallout 3 for that price? I've been wanting that for a while and thats a really good price.