Crackdown - $11.99 shipped new at Buy.com

[quote name='FurryCurry']It only works with Paypal btw. I'm thinking about getting it but I'd like some opinions about it.[/quote]

I'm not entirely sure that's the case... I believe the $5 instant rebate is regardless of payment.. but they do also have it tagged as $5 off through Paypal.

I did happen to pay through PP but my receipt shows the Paypal promo listed with a $0 value(cannot combine with other offers)

If anyone tries with another payment method, let us know one way or the other

[quote name='morphineseason']If you're looking for the fun-factor that GTA4 lacked, you'll find it in Crackdown.[/QUOTE]
That's the best description I've heard of both games. You're exactly right.

Well worth it under $15.

Only bad thing is if you are just getting this now, you missed the sale on the DLC that is supposed to be pretty good. I've got the DLC, and the game, now I just have to play it again ;)

[quote name='turls']Only bad thing is if you are just getting this now, you missed the sale on the DLC that is supposed to be pretty good. I've got the DLC, and the game, now I just have to play it again ;)[/quote]

What's a "DLC"?

Ill speak up for the games quality and also say that the description of this has the fun GTA lacks is pretty fair. My only big complaint with that game was that it was far too short and just when the game ended would have been the perfect time to have tossed a second half of a game at you! Otherwise its a lot like GTA with you running around a big city stealing cars and killing people, only this time the people you are supposed to kill are criminals and if you kill others like usual the cops and eventually special forces come after your ass. The thing that really sets the game apart though and what makes it so fun was that your character is genetically jacked thanks to scientific research. You start off the game stronger then your average person able to leap higher and lift more, but as time goes on you get stronger and stronger. Eventually you are lifting up cars and jumping a good like 30/40 feet. I had so much fun just freaking running around jumping from building to building and jumping like 40 feet up into the air and shooting a rocket down at the enemies.

At this price I definitely recommend grabbing it. Cant wait for Crackdown 2(not annoucned but several MS execs have said they want to make another).

I really loved this game when it first came out. I wanted to get the DLC but it was priced too high for me. When I saw it (the DLC) go on sale last week I bought it right away. I put the game in and just wasn't feeling it at all. Something about putting it in after so long just didn't get me back. I don't know what it lost, but it didn't hold up for me. First timers though, it's well worth the cheap price.

Be sure to download the free DLC if you bite on this too. There's also a for-pay DLC, but after all this time its still full price. I snagged it when it was on sale but I've yet to play again since buying it.

[quote name='smoger']I'm not entirely sure that's the case... I believe the $5 instant rebate is regardless of payment.. but they do also have it tagged as $5 off through Paypal.

I did happen to pay through PP but my receipt shows the Paypal promo listed with a $0 value(cannot combine with other offers)

If anyone tries with another payment method, let us know one way or the other[/QUOTE]

Has anyone not paid via PayPal yet and still gotten the rebate?

[quote name='carpwrist']I considered it, but Prototype isn't that far away...
good deal tho[/quote]

Prototype is still around 5 months away, I believe. Either way, it too looks to be an amazing game.

Still one of my personal favorites. I got a deal on this game for $30 around it's release date. Still one of if not the best deal I got on a console game.

This is one of my favorites on 360 and I paid full price for it on release day. Definitely pick it up for this price if you have any interest in GTA-style games--I had way more fun with this game than any of the 3D GTA games.

[quote name='FurryCurry']K well I jumped on it. Paypal is the reason it's $5 off.[/quote]

thanks for checking that out for us

Great game, bought it at launch.

I'll be buying that new Halo DLC thing if it has a beta of Crackdown 2. ;)

What is the multi-player like? Is it a co-op with missions or an open world like GTA with not much of a point?

[quote name='Xfactor19990']does this include the halo 3 beta?[/quote]

I'd like to know as well. I'd love to get into the beta before purchasing Halo 3! :D

You can play several different game modes or just play through the missions together. I think...I've only played the single player, but am buying again and some for friends who just got 360s. Its a super fun game.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I'd like to know as well. I'd love to get into the beta before purchasing Halo 3! :D[/quote]

haha of course, but ya im considering picking this up, borrowed it from my friend back in the day, liked it, never looked back, but if i can convince my friend to buy it, well haha coop could be fun.

Don't order this yet if you don't mind buying a used copy. It's only a dollar more at Gamestop/EB, but they're having a B2G1 promo starting tomorrow according to another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whitereflection']Don't order this yet. It's only a dollar more at Gamestop/EB, but they're having a B2G1 promo starting tomorrow according to another thread.[/quote]
new?

bread's done
Back