Photo
- - - - -

Turok, Frontlines, Kane & Lynch, Turning Point (360-used) $9.99 Each w/fs at GameFly

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#31 Busyman

Busyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Frontlines can be had new for $10. It's regularly $10 at Gamestop. It is worth $10.

Turok seems to be worth $10. Kane & Lynch is worth $10.

Turning Point is garbage.

#32 handisnacks

handisnacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:56 AM

Definitely picking up Kane & Lynch. Played through it on PC and would love to play through it again on console for the achievements. Same development team as the Hitman series to, so it's quality++

Don't know why it wasn't more popular.

Turning Point was absolutely hilarious, and piss poor all around. It's another I played on PC. It's from those idiots at Spark Unlimited, who just created the horrendous Legendary, which is obviously doing just as terrible as Turning Point. I urge people not to even buy it at $9.99, you're better off seeing a movie.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

I was on the fence about K & L but everyone says it is worth the $10. Add game #4,567 to the backlog!
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#34 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Unless those are New, not Used, I am not touching them.

#35 handisnacks

handisnacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

Unless those are New, not Used, I am not touching them.

:roll:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

Looks like tomorrow morning is another bite out of the checking account.....damn this holiday season. At least I got all of my x-mas shopping done in October, so I have some monies for myself!

#37 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:07 AM

:roll:

Why the roll of the eyes? :roll:

#38 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

^^
Probably because the ZOMG teh disc was scratched like they let people pay money per month to play them so they dont' take care of them comments are old already.

I'm considering K&L and Turok

#39 carn311

carn311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

Are there enough people playing Frontlines online?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 krumc

krumc

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:27 AM

Picking up K&L along with Turok for sure. Not sure on the other two. I love these Gamefly deals. Im not sure if I will ever even get to play through these games but they will come in handy for trade in if nothing else.

#41 dchrisd

dchrisd

Vamanos Pest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

Probably going to pick up Turning Point. Don't know why there's so much hate for the game; I thought the demo was fun. Might pick up Kane and Lynch; Going to have to try the demo again though because I remember the controls were kinda weird, but the presentation was nice.

#42 dekar350

dekar350

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm finally buying Kane and Lynch. I feel dirty now...

#43 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

As a PS3 owner, I don't know whether this is a blessing in disguise. Either way, I'm never staying up for one of these things again. Last night, I was up until 5-6 AM (compiling a report), and Army of Two is still available now.
Posted Image

#44 duckydan

duckydan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:49 AM

I have to pick up at very least K&L and Turning Point (been waiting for a cheap price on that since its release.) Also considering Turok but it's a pretty bad game.

#45 VWarrior

VWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

I let the Newegg Turok deal pass me by, I think I'm gonna bite on this one with Kane and Lynch.

#46 handisnacks

handisnacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:55 AM

I have to pick up at very least K&L and Turning Point (been waiting for a cheap price on that since its release.) Also considering Turok but it's a pretty bad game.

Turok is superior to Turning Point in every single way.

What ignorance is floating around these forums, christ on a cracker!

Have you people even played Turning Point (IE: Not a demo). It's a horrible horrible game. It's not worth money, period. I probably wouldn't even sit through it completely if someone gave it to me. There's so many other better things to play, including every other game on sale right now at GameFly, haha.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 Kevbo887

Kevbo887

Defensor Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:56 AM

I personally thought Turok was an awesome game. I didn't expect a lot out of it, and got a ton out of it! Seriously, it is a fun game.

#48 argyle

argyle

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

What the hell? No love for the PS3?

My thoughts exactly. I'd probably bite on K&L if it was the PS3 version. As it is, it's probably a blessing anyway since I don't need any more games.
Posted Image

#49 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

:O

i still dont know why everyone bashed poor turok. to be honest, it was one of the most underrated games this year imo. sure it wasnt perfect, but god damn, it was fun. the environments were some of the better looking ones too. and the bow and knife were the most fun shooter weapons i used in a long time.

so yea, i URGE you to get turok. it was a damn good game that fell under the radar.

as for the others, does anyone know how frontlines is? thats the only one i might possibly get

Seconded.

Turok is one of my favorite FPS's. I absolutely hated the demo, but after playing the full game.. it became one of my favorite 360 games quickly. VERY, VERY underrated.

I went out and bought it at full-price after I tried it from Gamefly - well worth $9.99, well worth atleast $40 or more too.

I'd also highly recommend Kane & Lynch, also highly underrated. It's not the best game ever, but is really fun and got a bad rep. over something stupid. The game also has GREAT multiplayer, even though many people also bash that, despite it being one of the most unique online experiences in along time.

Posted Image

#50 Link127

Link127

I did it!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:05 AM

all are showing up 12.99 for me

Link127.png

#51 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

Turning Point is awful, I wouldn't touch that for $4.99. The others, however, are tempting :) For 10 bucks ($9 with my 10% discount), Kane & Lynch and Turok both sound pretty good. Haven't looked into Frontlines much, so I can't really comment on that one.

#52 coilfinger3

coilfinger3

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Turning Point is awful, I wouldn't touch that for $4.99. The others, however, are tempting :) For 10 bucks ($9 with my 10% discount), Kane & Lynch and Turok both sound pretty good. Haven't looked into Frontlines much, so I can't really comment on that one.

Do you have a code for that 10% discount?

#53 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

Nice! Nothing for me!

#54 handisnacks

handisnacks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

all are showing up 12.99 for me

Wow, just wow.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 dim2192

dim2192

CAG Veteran

• Banned

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:20 AM

Turok - have it, havent really played it yet
Kane and Lynch - one of the best games of 2007, very underrated
Frontlines - getting it at Best Buy for $10
Turning Point - avoiding it

Posted Image

#56 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Wow, just wow.

isnt it funny how there is always one or two people that always miss the "4am" in the thread title AND in the first post

#57 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

Do you have a code for that 10% discount?

If you're an existing Gamefly subscriber, you can qualify for either a 5% or 10% discount, but it depends on how long you've been a subscriber. I think 6 months gets you a 5% discount on all games, and 12 months gets you 10% off.

#58 voidedx

voidedx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

Wow. I have all these games from higher price (not by much at least). Still, I fail.

#59 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:32 AM

Kane & Lynch and maybe Turning Point...the demo was fun.

#60 Link127

Link127

I did it!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

Wow, just wow.

isnt it funny how there is always one or two people that always miss the "4am" in the thread title AND in the first post

isn't it great when people act like jerks on message boards? considering it said "Today's deal", maybe it's possible i missed the time the original post was created?

Link127.png