Photo
- - - - -

Turok, Frontlines, Kane & Lynch, Turning Point (360-used) $9.99 Each w/fs at GameFly

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

Ended up getting Kane and Lynch and Frontlines. Decided to pass on Turok for now. I've already bought RSV:2 and Army of Two from Gamefly. Can't wait to see what's next, even though I sure don't need to spend any more money :D

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#92 Zen Rukasu

Zen Rukasu

Yo No Comprendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:22 AM

Fuck... I actually bought it on accident... *sigh*

#93 brother bendu

brother bendu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:52 AM

Look like gamefly is having a hell of a few deals. Just got Amry of Two and R6V 2. Now I am thinking about getting Kane and Lynch and Frontlines. Might consider Turok since I heard it is a decent game.

#94 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

Are there enough people playing Frontlines online?

As already stated, yes. This months OXM ranked some "older" games for online viability and they ranked this more viable online than GTA4. I got it on BF and it is fun, like SW: Battlefront. I haven't really played Battlefield, but I guess its closer to that and has some of the same developers.

And for those talking about BB next week, isn't it the PC version on sale? Which I may consider getting as well but probably not.

Anyway, as far as this sale goes I already have all of them either on 360 or GfW, and I got all of them cheap new.

EDIT: yeah, the earlier posts are not correct, the Frontlines sale next week at BB is ONLY the PC version. For those that care, it is GfW, but its not cross-platform, and isn't on Live, so no achievements either.

Edited by turls, 12 December 2008 - 01:04 PM.

#95 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:52 AM

Frontlines can be had new for $10. It's regularly $10 at Gamestop. It is worth $10.

Huh? Online it shows $30. And I already stated the BB sale next week is only for Windows.

#96 BlizzFan

BlizzFan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

Bought all four. Awesome deals. :)

#97 XoLiD

XoLiD

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

Thanks. Hope K&L is good. FF2 got canceled in place of this and I loved Freedom Fighters.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/XoLiD"]Posted Image[/URL]

#98 X-GOUKI

X-GOUKI

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:55 AM

Front Lines Fuel Of War is the best one of the bunch.
well worth more than $10.
The MP is the reason to get this, but even the sp is enjoyable (specially for the price)

76561197964639401.png

xgouki.png

#99 Reverenddave

Reverenddave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

This months XBLM ranked some "older" games for online viability and they ranked this more viable online than GTA4.

I'd love to see that list. Is there a copy of it online?

Frontlines multiplayer was a blast. I stopped playing when Battlefield: Bad Company came out. But if the online community is still live, I might check it out again.

Frontlines single player was fun too. It's definitely no COD, and a step below Battlefield: BC. But it's an above-average game and easily worth $10. I paid full price on release date, and was happy with my purchase.

#100 geosooner

geosooner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

awes. i'll finally bite on kane and lynch i::heart::gamefly used :)
[URL="http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=108791"][/URL]

#101 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

That is odd. I received my copy 4 days after I made my order. Try calling customer service.

Do you know the # or where on the site I can find it? I tried the contact us button and it just takes me to a form to send to them. When I choose "where's my game" after I tried to send it to them, I got a message asking to wait at least 7 days before I bug them. If it's not here today it would be nice to talk to someone as opposed to waiting for an email response.

#102 James in VA

James in VA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 12:39 PM

Front Lines Fuel Of War is the best one of the bunch. well worth more than $10.

I hope so since I just bought it from GameFly last week for $14.99.

You always know that the prices are going to drop sometime but it burns your butt a bit more when it happens before you've even played the game! :bomb:

#103 ChaoticClimax

ChaoticClimax

It's an Illusion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

I picked up Turok and Frontlines, I would have picked up K&L but I already had gotten it on Target clearance a few months ago.

These deals are killing me.

In the past few weeks I have bought:

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Gears of War 2
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Dark Sector
Unreal Tournament 3
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Sonic Unleashed
Saint's Row 2
Fable 2
Turok
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Guitar Hero 2 Bundle + 2 Guitars

Thinking about my poor backlog makes me sick...
Posted Image
PS3 Trophy Card didn't work very well, nor do I give a shit about PS3 trophies. I assure you though, I have a PS3.

#104 turls

turls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

I'd love to see that list. Is there a copy of it online?

Not sure and I mistyped my acronym. It was in OXM. The only other game that had much life was Shadowrun, which I also ordered in the past week. Somebody else might remember the duds.

#105 bvol9

bvol9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

do they take paypal?

nevermind they don't

#106 Reverenddave

Reverenddave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Not sure and I mistyped my acronym. It was in OXM. The only other game that had much life was Shadowrun, which I also ordered in the past week. Somebody else might remember the duds.

Yeah, I just found the article in OXM (Jan 2009 - Page 54-55). Frontlines got the best review. Looks like there was 100-250 players every time they played online. Not bad.

Here's the rest of the list:

STILL ALIVE
Frontlines
Shadowrun

BARELY BREATHING
Ace Combat 6
Unreal Tournament 3

FLATLINED
GTA 4
Stranglehold
Quake Wars
The Club

#107 Galego23

Galego23

Do you know the # or where on the site I can find it? I tried the contact us button and it just takes me to a form to send to them. When I choose "where's my game" after I tried to send it to them, I got a message asking to wait at least 7 days before I bug them. If it's not here today it would be nice to talk to someone as opposed to waiting for an email response.

Cyco, I was in the same boat as you and I made a thread about it in the Video Game Deal discussion thread.

Ironically, the same day I made that thread is the same day it shipped, which was Monday(I still haven't received it yet.)

When did you order and at what time? My thinking is that if you ordered the game later in the day i.e. afternoon or what not, it's taking longer to ship, since the majority of the people who posted in my thread had recieved their copies already. I ordered in the afternoon and that's the only reasoning I can think of? where are you from, maybe it has to do with location too? I'm from Jersey and I know the closest warehouse from GF is somewhere in Pennsylvania, I think Pittsburgh?

#108 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Picked up Turok. For $9... and free shipping... why not?

#109 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:57 PM

Cyco, I was in the same boat as you and I made a thread about it in the Video Game Deal discussion thread.

Ironically, the same day I made that thread is the same day it shipped, which was Monday(I still haven't received it yet.)

When did you order and at what time? My thinking is that if you ordered the game later in the day i.e. afternoon or what not, it's taking longer to ship, since the majority of the people who posted in my thread had recieved their copies already. I ordered in the afternoon and that's the only reasoning I can think of? where are you from, maybe it has to do with location too? I'm from Jersey and I know the closest warehouse from GF is somewhere in Pennsylvania, I think Pittsburgh?

I got the "game shipped" email on the 3rd. I think I bought it in the afternoon. I don't remember though. I'm in Texas and I have no clue if there is a warehouse near by. I wish they did like everyone else that does shipping and have a way to show shipping status.

#110 allthatufear

allthatufear

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:12 PM

Picked up Kane & Lynch, been waiting for it for a while to drop lower. Got it because split screen co-op is fun.

#111 jrrab

jrrab

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

None of these games even have good achievements. Why in the Fuck do they make games with online achievements? When the online community dies so do the achievements!!! Fuck all these games and their online achievements.
Posted Image

#112 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

None of these games are worth 10 dollars.
Don't waste your time.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."

#113 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

Just bought Kane & Lynch for the co-op. I think Turok would have to drop to $5 for me to even consider it. Keep the deals coming Cheapy!
Posted Image

#114 variablesunknown

variablesunknown

Artful Dodger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

Some of these games (K & L, Army of Two etc.) I would never buy at full price. In fact I may have mocked them when they first came out, vowing never to buy them.

But dang does it feel good to get such good deals! It must be a CAG thing, I get a natural high getting such good deals and hoarding all these backlog games.

Not to mention Gamefly's used games come in such great condition they often look better than "new" games from Gamestop (actually not that hard to do). I love opening my mailbox and seeing that little manilla envelope from Gamefly, I need help.
"Brian, I am going to be honest with you...that smells like pure gasoline". Ron Burgundy's take on Sex Panther cologne

#115 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

Turning Point is garbage I wrote a review on it. Crappy graphics, crappy gameplay, collision detection is terrible, controls are awful, its worth about $1

http://www.dailyever...com/story/25086

Turok isnt too bad it was semi fun

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#116 Tomeeboy

Tomeeboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:18 PM

Turning Point is garbage I wrote a review on it. Crappy graphics, crappy gameplay, collision detection is terrible, controls are awful, its worth about $1

http://www.dailyever...com/story/25086

Turok isnt too bad it was semi fun

You are too kind! I would have said it was worth 50 cents :) The controls alone are enough to ruin that entire game.

Picked up Kane & Lynch and Turok... for 10 bucks, those two games seem to be good enough to try. Still on the fence about Frontlines.
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 :360:, SWTOR :pc:, Random XBLA Games :360:

#117 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

Okay - I bought a copy of Turok. Unless some super-awesome deal comes up, this is my last game purchase of 2008. On the plus side, if the game sucks, Gamefly is trading the game back for $9.

Btw, I did get one of my two Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 games in the mail yesterday. The game I got was flawless - but oddly enough the game case was cracked. Oh well. Hope my other copy is equally nice-looking. Hopefully it's in the mail today.

:beer:

#118 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

If anyone's trying to get Frontlines, and they want a new copy, BB is having it on sale for $9.99 starting on Sunday. Listed in Speedy's weekly ad.

PMing at CC would get it for $7.99 + tax, as they have it for $29.99.

#119 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

Paypal and Amazon are trying to get all our wives pissed at us. :/

cagSig.png515886.png

#120 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:10 PM