• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Firestorm

Firestorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

Holy crap. Update was released just yesterday with some new engineer and spy tweaks. Big scout update is next. All updates for TF2 on PC are free.

#2 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440/

Holy crap. Update was released just yesterday with some new engineer and spy tweaks. Big scout update is next. All updates for TF2 on PC are free.

Is this their weekend sale?

#3 Kyanos

Kyanos

Big Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:14 AM

Is this their weekend sale?

Yes it is.

#4 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:30 AM

There are people with computers that don't own TF2 already? do they look like this: :dunce: ?
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#5 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:41 AM

fantastic price. if you want a fun competitive multiplayer experience, $10 for TF2 will satisfy for years to come. they still have 6 more class updates to release!

(thank GOD for the demoman nerf, you can now shoot up their stickies)

#6 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:46 AM

There are people with computers that don't own TF2 already? do they look like this: :dunce: ?

Um, not everyone is into competitive multiplayer games. If I wanted to get into sports (which is what that genre of game is), I'd go outside. Some people do prefer single-player games with stories (crazy, I know).

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.

#7 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:47 AM

I love this on 360.

Worth getting on PC for $10?

#8 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

I love this on 360.

Worth getting on PC for $10?

The PC version is FARRR superior to the 360 version.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#9 Ginsburger

Ginsburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:12 AM

Thanks for posting this. Will pick it up tomorrow. Amazing game that I really should have owned a long time ago.

#10 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:59 AM

Bump for getting everyone's attention.

Better than Halo.

Better than CoD.

Better than L4D.

#11 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:09 AM

Better than Halo.

Better than CoD.

Better than L4D.

This for sure.

I have about 100 hours logged in to this game. Just joined a clan and am now getting in to competitive play. Great game.

You are loose cannon sandvich, but a damn good cop!

#12 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:04 AM

Better than Halo.

Better than CoD.

Better than L4D.

I'll agree with the first one, but the second two made me lol. I hated TF2. I love CoD4 and L4D though.

#13 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

When does the sale end?
Posted Image

#14 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:19 AM

Worth every penny.

When does the sale end?

The weekend deals usually end at 12:01am PST Monday.

#15 aquamajoris

aquamajoris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

Um, not everyone is into competitive multiplayer games. If I wanted to get into sports (which is what that genre of game is), I'd go outside. Some people do prefer single-player games with stories (crazy, I know).

/has every game in The Orange Box except TF2. I'm sure it's at the top of its genre, just not interested.

You know I've heard that some people can enjoy both single and multi player games.

And I'm confused as to why you call this a sports genre? Sports games are in the sport genre, you can't run around shooting and firing explosives at your friends in real life (well, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it)

#16 Serik

Serik

Stack of doom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:35 AM

TF2 is the best online FPS I've ever played. Logged over 100 hours, mostly as a bastard demo (though he still needs some more nerfs IMHO). The new engy update is fantastic (must. build. level. three. everything.)

http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=userbar2kk9.jpgPosted Image
Playing:
:pc: Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Team Fortress 2

#17 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

I'm in the same boat--I find story-based games to be more rewarding than just shooting other people.

#18 CappyCobra

CappyCobra

^^vv<><>BA START

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

FYI: You definitely want a good headset/mic combo to enjoy this game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:20 AM

And I'm confused as to why you call this a sports genre? Sports games are in the sport genre, you can't run around shooting and firing explosives at your friends in real life (well, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it)

A sport is a short competitive game that you play over and over in matches, as opposed to a game that you experience once and has progress and an ending. Multiplayer games like Deathmatch and Capture the Flag seriously are sports, despite the lack of exhaustive physical activity (though dexterity is involved). You could play a game like that for a lifetime and have nothing to show for it at the end of the day.

I'm sure it's a fine game; I have every other Valve game, I just find the idea boring, and I dislike the implication that I'm a dunce for being a PC gamer who isn't interested in TF2. There's such little difference between an FPS level and an FPS arena, but it's still a make-it-or-break-it difference for a lot of people.

#20 fake larry

fake larry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

Get this if you don't have it. Plain and simple. Oh, and yes - PC >>> 360.

The 360 version is probably not even worth after you've played the PC version. Valve doesn't do a horrible job on the Xbox but the PC version is amazing. Lag free 32 player games on dedicated servers with controls that work and the game running smooth on even quite limited PCs... FTW.

#21 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

I own (the terrible) ps3 version and love this game. I would love if my comp would run this, because for 10 bucks, its a steal.

#22 Wooten

Wooten

Illegitimi non carborundum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

This game is really great. I'm with everyone else that recommended you buy this. For 10 bucks you are getting an incredible value.

#23 dkNe

dkNe

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:20 PM

Have been thinking about getting this for weeks, didn't because I have way too much backlog... but this... can not resist!
Thanks OP!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

I'm in the same boat--I find story-based games to be more rewarding than just shooting other people.

There is the Medic and Engineer class. They're both support characters that can make/break battles without ever firing a shot.

I understand avoiding competition, that's why I don't play RTS' online anymore. When I lose it always feels like there's someone on the net who is training day and night with the sole purpose of kicking my ass in Starcraft.
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#25 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

I couldn't resist and finally took the plunge on this.

#26 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

I plan to pick this up now. $10 is a magic price point.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#27 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

I dont have a good enough PC to run TFC2. :(

#28 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

The only "$9.99" and "Team Fortress 2" deal *I* want to see is that content pack for the 360! (Orange Box never comes out of my 360 anymore.)

cagSig.png515886.png

#29 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Great game, especially at this price. The PC version is way better than the console versions too.

#30 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

I dont have a good enough PC to run TFC2. :(

TF2's spec requirements are so low, it blows my mind. Just run it in DX8