Bully (360) $13, GTA IV (360) $20 and More w/Free Ship at GameFly - Used

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#61 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

I might pick up Zoids Assault. I was checking out reviews, and the general consensus is that it isn't as bad as the scores make it out to be. It basically sounds like Front Mission 4: Zoids, and it lost points because pretty much every quirk in FM4 was retained in Zoids Assault, despite Zoids Assault being on a more powerful console, costing $10 more, and coming out four years later. I liked FM4, so at $13, I might give this a try.

#62 WatchdogXC

WatchdogXC

Old School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Picked up Bourne for PS3 making it my first Gamefly purchase. Can't go run with $13.xx shipped with tax. I normally don't like to go the used game route, but that is nice and cheap and PS3 games are supposed to be a lot more durable so I'll soon find out I guess. Thanks Cheapy!

#63 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Just picked up Disgaea 3, was bout to buy it for $29.99 (thought that was cheap)
then I noticed this, its a steal (at least for me)
After Vegas, I'm prolly come back broke...so only thing I would do for fun would prolly be gaming (I hear D3 is pretty ruthless with how many gameplay hours it can rack up)

***ps, how fast you think the shipping will come (North CA here) its being shipped from LA (curious cause I'm leaving my place on the 19th and won't be back for awhile)

#64 dragon-x

dragon-x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:02 AM

Woah! great price tags!

#65 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:15 AM

I rented Zoids the day it came out.

This game is pure and utter garbage. There is no way in hell it's worthy of being a next gen title, let alone a full retail one. Horrible bland washed out graphics, insanely difficutly gameplay requiring some of the most a$$ backwards grinding you'll EVER see in a game, a story told through ONLY text, the inability to skip some of the slowest animations you'll ever see, and to top it off the full 1000 points would require at least FORTY TO SIXTY HOURS of enduring this hell.

If you bite on this, you WILL regret it. No matter how big an SRPG or Zoids fan you are, you WILL regret spending this much on it.

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#66 riddler

riddler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

might've been in for disgaea 3 if it were 10 bucks...

#67 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

This game is pure and utter garbage. There is no way in hell it's worthy of being a next gen title, let alone a full retail one. Horrible bland washed out graphics, insanely difficutly gameplay requiring some of the most a$$ backwards grinding you'll EVER see in a game, a story told through ONLY text, the inability to skip some of the slowest animations you'll ever see, and to top it off the full 1000 points would require at least FORTY TO SIXTY HOURS of enduring this hell.

If you bite on this, you WILL regret it. No matter how big an SRPG or Zoids fan you are, you WILL regret spending this much on it.

$10 says I will not regret it--I love SRPGs, don't really care about the graphics in them (I still play Ogre Battle and FFT, and they look like crap in this day and age), love a good challenge, enjoy grinding, still play games from eras when text was the only option, and have stomped through other 1000/1000 games that took longer than that ;)

I ordered my copy this morning, and am now debating whether to get Bully as well...
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#68 EastBayAnt

EastBayAnt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:48 PM

Not that my wallet can take much more this holiday season, but still in for Bully. :) Thx OP!

"Virtual Console?!? Original hardware, fool!!!"

#69 EastBayAnt

EastBayAnt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:54 PM

Ordered Zoids. This is GameFly's last chance to not send me a pre-scratched disc.

I keep forgetting how quick GameFly's checkout is. There's only one confirmation screen! Most sites have like three or four of them, but with GF just now, I'm like, "Did I just buy that????"

Ha ha ha I was just thinking the same thing. I forgot GameFly had my CC info that I entered whilst slightly intoxicated last weekend at a friends house. :beer:(GH:Aerosmith for $14 shipped)

"Virtual Console?!? Original hardware, fool!!!"

#70 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:07 PM

Speaking of Bully, I searched & saw the 360 version for $10 in a Target clearance thread. Is this true?

If you can actually find anything other than the shelf tag it should be $7.50 at most Targets

I dunno. Operation Darkness scored lower than this on most magazines and websites (OXM gave Operation Darkness a 2 (What?!?! (yeah, that's parentheses within parentheses)) but Zoids like a 4-5 or something) and I had a pretty decent time playing Operation Darkness. Don't get me wrong I can see why some people would despise that game, I just found it appealing enough to keep playing.

#71 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

$10 says I will not regret it--I love SRPGs, don't really care about the graphics in them (I still play Ogre Battle and FFT, and they look like crap in this day and age), love a good challenge, enjoy grinding, still play games from eras when text was the only option, and have stomped through other 1000/1000 games that took longer than that ;)

I ordered my copy this morning, and am now debating whether to get Bully as well...

I agree. Zoids Assault is definitely not the J-SRPG that you blind buy/rent, as other than having solid mechanics, there's not much else going for it. Going by the reviewers' take, it isn't horribly difficult, and the achievements should take two playthroughs and 30-40 hours, which isn't too bad for a JRPG, if achievements are what you want. Graphics are very PS2-esque, with a 360 coat of gloss over it.

I did a quick search on Youtube, and found this video review. You can tell he hates the game rather quickly, so I feel it's a good way to gauge your potential interest. His voice is a little grating, but it's still watchable.

#72 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Picked up bully, disgea and bourne. I have been debateing all week on bourne. Earlier this week the total price before this 17.99 + 2.95 ship and tax . it was like 22.00 and some change.

9.00 savings on a great game.

#73 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

I picked up Bourne -- it was on the clearance rack at some Targets, but that was a while back, so I figured this is cheap alternative, Gamefly's games are usually in nice shape in my experience, and on top of that BluRay disks are tough to scratch.
[cp][/cp]

#74 tbolt30

tbolt30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

hey does anyone know the number to gamefly? They was suppose to credit me 5 dollars and never did. I would really like to talk with someone live rather then use the email system.

#75 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Do not hesitate to pick up Bully. It's the best.

#76 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

I would have picked up the Bourne game on 360.

#77 sealionnn

sealionnn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

Just got Bully. :)

#78 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:23 PM

I did a quick search on Youtube, and found this video review. You can tell he hates the game rather quickly, so I feel it's a good way to gauge your potential interest. His voice is a little grating, but it's still watchable.

A little grating? After two minutes I couldn't stop thinking of the words "Sufferin' Succotash" and could no longer pay attention to what he was saying.

#79 John Hyperion

John Hyperion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:39 PM

I've been forced to buy Viking, Condemned 2, Army of Two and now Bourne.

That's not to mention giving me a coupon that forced me to "Keep It" on Mirrror's Edge.

I lovehate you gamefly. I lovehate you so much.

#80 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

I picked up GTA4 and Bully... considered picking up Bourne but I'll wait for either a deal on the 360 version or a slightly lower price. I almost want them to stop with the sales at this point... between Gamefly and Amazon I've bought almost two dozen games this month (23).

#81 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

Picked up Zoids.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#82 SiNJiN76

SiNJiN76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

So, how reliable are the games from Gamefly? As in, scratches and surface defects on the discs caused by uncaring renters.

#83 Morpho

Morpho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:35 PM

Snagged a Zoids myself. That video review actually pushed me to buy it. Go figure...

#84 John Hyperion

John Hyperion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

So, how reliable are the games from Gamefly? As in, scratches and surface defects on the discs caused by uncaring renters.

Blu-Ray is highly durable if you're buying PS3. Also the case and manuals look brand new.

#85 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Why do these questions ALWAYS come up?...

I myself have never had a problem with the games I receive from them, however there are obviously others who would say differently. I think it's great that Gamefly gives you all of the original packaging with the game, so the only thing you have to worry about is the condition of the disk you're getting. If you have a disk repair kit at home, I'd say you have even less to worry about, as you could also repair the disk if you get one that's not working. Even if that doesn't work, Gamefly is very good about exchanges or returns for games that don't work, as long as it's within 30 days of purchase. For these sales you'd unfortunately only get a refund on your game if it doesn't work since the sales are so short and they sell out fast. But it's worth taking a chance if there's a game that you like.

#86 Galego23

Galego23

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:38 PM

I got Rainbow Six Vegas: 2 from them and it is Like New with manual and case.

When I received it I indeed thought it was new because it came with that seal that all games come with.. but it was already ripped. Regardless..

GameFly > Gamestop(on-line)

From GS, I received Halo 3 with no manual and is un-playable. GTA IV, no case and no manual, and Infinite Undiscovery was the only game in somewhat good condition.

#87 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:46 PM

So I need some feedback; if I have PS2 Bully, is there enough in 360 Bully SE to warrant getting it? Opinions? :-?

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#88 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

I've ordered quite a few games through Gamefly, and the worst condition of any game I've received was Condemned 2, which had some mild surface scuffing on it (what you'd see from normal use, nothing that impacted gameplay). Most of the time the discs don't even look like they've been used at all.

#89 GregOfTheDead

GregOfTheDead

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:57 PM

I ended up getting Zoids and might still get Disgaia. If I didnt already own/beat Bully I would have jumped on that in seconds. I figure I cant beat that price for Zoids, I HATED Operation Darkness (mostly because of the hidden mines, I havent had a game anger me so much since the SNES days) but I really loved Spectral Force 3 and the old Front Mission titles, so for thirteen bucks- why not?

#90 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

i guess this will be over soon. probably just till next weekend, so we have about a week of deals left. not too bad.

im really pulling for asassin's creed and burnout paradise for $10. that would make my year :P