Bully (360) $13, GTA IV (360) $20 and More w/Free Ship at GameFly - Used

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#151 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

LMAO... lost in the mail sure... trust me, they probably didnt ship it. no way gamefly would refund your money so easily over a lost product. why? b/c its a lose lose situation for gamefly.... thats basically like them just giving you $10-15 bucks for nothing...

Yeah, that's the line of thought I had. I have a feeling that they oversold and couldn't meet demand. Instead of being big about it and contacting the people that didn't order in time, they just waited until the people started complaining. Though I can't prove it, so I can't say that is the truth. Just a feeling.

#152 Posqualee

Posqualee

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:06 PM

They also have DMC4 for the 360 at 12.99... just incase you did not know already.

#153 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

nice prices...

#154 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, that's the line of thought I had. I have a feeling that they oversold and couldn't meet demand. Instead of being big about it and contacting the people that didn't order in time, they just waited until the people started complaining. Though I can't prove it, so I can't say that is the truth. Just a feeling.

yea. thats exactly what i thought. i know some people had their orders canceled as well. so they probably oversold.

#155 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

Ye of little faith people - I mean they could have oversold - I won't deny that - but I found their customer service to be pretty good - they sent me a disc that while cosmetically fine, made my x-box vibrate in ways it shouldn't - I emailed them about it and they refunded my money right away before I returned the game. I just wish they did one for one exchanges since I wanted the game but I don't want to reorder at the higher price and with the shipping not free.

#156 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

I have a Gamefly-related question so I figured I'd ask here. Does anybody happen to know if months where your service was covered by a gift certificate still count toward earning Gamefly Rewards?

I've been a member for three months (sep. 11 til now) and I have not yet gotten a $5 bonus or the 5% discount. I signed up with a 30-day trial and got my second and third months via a gift certificate so I was wondering if that made any difference.

I know this isn't the appropriate place to pose the question, but I figured it'd get more eyes on it here and I imagine many of you are renting members.
Posted Image

#157 Shadowguitar

Shadowguitar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

I ended up picked up Timeshift and Army of Two, but won't be able to play them until I get home from college on Thursday. DAMN YOU FINALS WEEK!

#158 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

I called Gamefly to see if talking to a live person would make difference. Regretably it didn't. It was made very clear to me that under no certain terms would the company be willing to work with me in any way. They will refund me my money and wash their hands of the entire issue. They would not reissue the game, nor would they be willing to resell the game to me at the same price when it comes back into stock. Even though I was not at fault any point, giving me my money back was the only solution. Thing is, I didn't want my money back. I tried to talk them into keeping my money and they refused. Must be nice to be part of business, that in this economy, is doing so well they can blow off people trying to give them money.

What is disappointing is that a company that has such a stellar reputation for customer service treats a customer like this. I've bought from them in the past and I bought more after I purchased RS:V2. I'm going to be hesatant to buy from them in the future though. I'll wait and see if I actually get the other two games.

It would be nice if I had access to some higher-ups email addresses. Would mind letting them in on what has happened. Maybe something could be done for everyone effected.

#159 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:41 PM

i think it's dumb that they don't just resend you the game, that's bs.

#160 Lan_Zer0

Lan_Zer0

Heaven or Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

LMAO... lost in the mail sure... trust me, they probably didnt ship it. no way gamefly would refund your money so easily over a lost product. why? b/c its a lose lose situation for gamefly.... thats basically like them just giving you $10-15 bucks for nothing...

They do refund that easily. I emailed them about a tracking number when a game seemed to be taking too long to get to me. They sent back a reply about sometimes games getting lost in the mail and issued a refund. Next day, game arrived in the mail.
Let me show you them.

#161 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:28 PM

ahhh! gamefly please stop with the sales. youre killing my wallet.

(probably in for bully) lol

you aren't lying....gamefly has been posting some killer deals.....i'm in for bourne.....i played the demo and thought it was just ok.... but didn't think the game played as well as critics said.....but at $12.99 (gs selling $44 used!) i can't pass that up.....

#162 Medium_Pimpin

Medium_Pimpin

Dead broke, but Hood Rich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

Battlefield Bad Company 360 is $24.99, thats about $6 cheaper than it was on friday.

Does anyone know if gamefly ships games with the promo codes inserted in the instruction manual?
Go back to bed america, your govt. has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed america, your govt. is in control again. Here is american gladiators, go back to bed america. Here is 56 channels of American Gladiators, watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS WE TELL YOU.

#163 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

Battlefield Bad Company 360 is $24.99, thats about $6 cheaper than it was on friday.

Does anyone know if gamefly ships games with the promo codes inserted in the instruction manual?

for the free trial?? i got like 5 of them now for a free trial. its all the same code too, if you want it. PM me.

also, finally got my copy of devil may cry 4 today after 6 buisness days. not in mint condition like im used to, but still very good condition, the disk only had some very small scratches on it. still waiting for army of 2 and the club now.

#164 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

I got my copy of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 today. Remember, I had to email them last week about why it hadn't shipped yet, and they put it in the mail a week ago.

I also cancelled Gamefly today, since the Xmas rush is pretty much done and I am going to take it easy now and play the games I OWN. :) I still have like 6 games I haven't opened from Black Friday, not to mention the other deals I have bought and barely played this falls.

#165 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

Oh, and any word yet for any other deals this week??

#166 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:44 PM

I got my copy of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 today. Remember, I had to email them last week about why it hadn't shipped yet, and they put it in the mail a week ago.

I also cancelled Gamefly today, since the Xmas rush is pretty much done and I am going to take it easy now and play the games I OWN. :) I still have like 6 games I haven't opened from Black Friday, not to mention the other deals I have bought and barely played this falls.

Congrats to you. It's cool that you were able to get the game.

If I read Cheapy's post right, the deals stopped the week before Christmas. I don't think there will be anymore deals.

#167 the_grimace

the_grimace

It's Wondiferous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

so was this the last deal? or?

#168 Nirron

Nirron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:56 PM

I think if there was to be a new deal, it would be announced tonight and go active at 4AM Tuesday morning, since that was the way things happened last week.

Then again, Cheapy said it was only until the week before Christmas aka this week, so it might be over. At least I got a GH: Aerosmith out of the deal. Too bad they don't take pre-paid Vanilla Visas though

#169 Justshovejayohbe

Justshovejayohbe

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

shipping has been really slow lately... when i first ordered from them a year ago, i got my stuff in about 3 buisness days.

i ordered now 5 games this december, and only recieved 2, which both took 5 buisness days to recieve. the 3rd game is at 6 buisness days tommorrow, and the 4th and 5th, i just places recently.

iwould say give them 5-7 buisness days if it doesnt show up after 10 buisness days, give them a call

Thanks man

#170 RyanTheGNR

RyanTheGNR

There Was A Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

Crap, I'll have to order Disgaea soon. At 20$, I can't miss this.
Posted Image

#171 Justshovejayohbe

Justshovejayohbe

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

Same! But it's coming all the way from Asia...

lol, true, true, didn't think of that. Good to have some comradery in EndWar deprivation!

#172 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

Looks like we'll get a few more deals:
Need for Speed: Prostreet (PS3/360/PSP -Used) $9.99 w/Free Ship at GameFly - 4AM EST

#173 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

I never knew the used games that Gamefly sells come with original case and manual. I've been keeping an eye on Zoids Assault and couldn't resist picking it up at this price. Looks like I will also pick up NFS:PS 360 tomorrow. Thanks CheapyD.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#174 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:07 AM

Looks like we'll get a few more deals:
Need for Speed: Prostreet (PS3/360/PSP -Used) $9.99 w/Free Ship at GameFly - 4AM EST

sweet hopefully more continue on throughout the week too (since I'm not interested in NFS) lol

#175 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:15 AM

Finally decided to pull the trigger on Zoids Assault and Bourne Conspiracy. Bad reviews and all.

#176 cabbybass3

cabbybass3

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

Gamefly now has Bourne Conspiracy (360) for $14.99.

#177 jam3d

jam3d

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

Let me know when they put up Dead Space or Mirrors edge under 30 bucks... that is what I am waiting for.

Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:pc:: Nothing interesting
:360:: Battlefield BC2, Mass Effect 2, Borderlands
:wii:: NOTHING!
Android: Angry Birds, World War

#178 XoLiD

XoLiD

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

Just received Bully: SE and Kane & Lynch. Bully was scratched pretty bad but playable. K&L looked as if it was thrown as a frisbee with chips everywhere lol.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/XoLiD"]Posted Image[/URL]

#179 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 03:55 AM

yeah i just got my army of two and it actually has warped spots on the back of the disc...looks like i have to send another game back to gamefly and deal with all this crap because theyre customer service sucks and wont just replace the disc.

#180 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

Just got my copy of GTA4. The disk is in really good shape.