[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

I was told today that this would be starting December 23 and it would be a 2/40 get one free for any game under $9.99...here's hoping one of us is right and we don't miss the date and miss out on good games. I'm crossing my fingers that most CAG's and RFD'ers alike are with empty wallets and maxed credit cards as I have been waiting for this (no offense everyone).

It's Rogers Plus now. ;)

2/40 seems kinda cold now with all the deals about. BOGO on $9.99 is nice, though. Too bad EB doesn't have the Trade-2 promo anymore.

This is for all used games...and just to clear...I was told that it would be for every two games you purchase (by way of 2/40) you get a free $9.99 game as well. This is just to make sure that I've explained the deal properly.

Sweet deal. I need to get two of my friends birthday gifts, and this is perfect. It kinda sucks that there's no big Wii titles that have recently come out that would make this deal amazing for Wii owners (as opposed to Fallout 3, GoW 2, Left 4 Dead, LBP, etc.).

this is very very hot
and I have two free rentals at rogers
I wouldn't mind picking up some newer games from november
but hey I was hunting call of duty 4 forever.

I Love these Rogers deals but my backlog of games will probably take me until 2010 to catch up, not to mention FEAR 2 and RE5 in February and March

Finally this deal is back! I think we CAGs should help each other out so all the horders don't take everything. Maybe setup some group guys around the areas we all live in, and list some games you wanted as well. So if people see extra copies, then can pick them up for each other. Let me know if anybody is interested in this concept.

[quote name='Wilme']Finally this deal is back! I think we CAGs should help each other out so all the horders don't take everything. Maybe setup some group guys around the areas we all live in, and list some games you wanted as well. So if people see extra copies, then can pick them up for each other. Let me know if anybody is interested in this concept.[/quote]

Great idea!

Maybe you can start this?!

I'd be all over this. I've been burned by hoarders too often, and there are a LOT of really good games this round.

I'll do some legwork in Edmonton for fellow CAGs. And lets not kid ourselves--this thread will be seen by RFD. Once the groups are set up communication should probably be done via PMs.

I'd be somewhat uncomfortable buying multiples, so if we can make groups to minimize that, relations with my local Rogers will remain on good terms (a number of employees despise hoarders--don't care to look like one).

I might as well start the wish-list. I'm a collector, so the list is...you'd have to print it out. :D I'd be happy walking away from this sale with a copy of Fallout 3 and NHL09 truth be told.

Left 4 Dead
Rock Band 2
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remenant
Far Cry 2

PS3

Fallout 3
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
NHL 09
Valkyria Chronicles
Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Wii

Mario Kart (don't care if it doesn't come with the wheel)
Super Smash Bros.

PS2

Persona 4 :mrgreen:
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Kingdom Hearts II (NOT greatest hits version)
Valkyrie Profile 2
Digital Devil Saga 1 (ha ha ha!!!)
Nocturne (a guy can dream)

This is great news, I've got a store I'll be going to at open since I'll have the day off.

There are a few games I want for myself but I'll keep an eye out for games for other people.

I think the best thing to do would be to try and scout the location you'll be going to the night before so that you know what games they have that you want and games that other people will want too.

Hm... Might be what I've been looking for. I've been looking to repurchase Uncharted and I haven't had the opportunity. Maybe add that with Fallout 3, and I'll be quite happy.

If anyone plans on doing this in Victoria, BC let me know. I don't think I'll be able to hit up any locations (leaving the city that morning) but I can compensate a bit for your efforts if successful.

I'm looking for these PS3 titles: NHL09 and Fallout3 are my top choices, but would also like Ratchet and Clank, COD5, and/or Farcry2

i'll be keeping my eye out for some combo of littlebigplanet, force unleashed, resistance 2, madden 09, or mk vs dc for either ps3/360 where applicable. we'll see...my store doesn't get ravaged by hoarders usually, but it usually does not have a good selection to begin with.

Well, I'm located in Richmond (Vancouver), but since the sale starts on Friday, I probably won't be able to go until after work, so the horders might have taken everything by then. I'm mostly looking for PS3 games like Eternal Sonata, Valkyria Chronicles, Resistence 2, COD 5 and Prince of Persia.

If I see anything else, I'll pick it up and see if anybody on here wants it as well.

I wouldn't be comfortable saying the exact multiples of games at my store, but rest assured that if people that are looking for specific games pm me I can give you a list and there's close to a 90% chance that if I beat the hoarders you will get the game you want. I apologize for the vagueness but I have been burned too many times by hoarders looking to get some trade in credit or make a buck (like the time I saw a man come in and buy 10 copies of soul caliber 4 in front of me...much to my surprise when I asked if he was from RFD, he confirmed and wouldn't let me buy a single one off him)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']how are the rogers game selection?

is the used game disk same as the renting games disk?
....?[/quote]
The selection is usually pretty good at Roger's. The used games for sale are former rental copies, so expect some to be scratched up, but they shouldn't be too bad as they sell them off pretty quick so it's only been played a couple times.

I am not comfortable buying for others however I will get a game held for "me" if people in the Toronto area are interested(and give you the location and the name to use to grab it).

I am looking for (in order of priority)

Fallout 3 360
Last Remnant
harvest moon wii
chocobos dungeon wii
tales wii
quantum of solace 360

[quote name='tymcg'](like the time I saw a man come in and buy 10 copies of soul caliber 4 in front of me...much to my surprise when I asked if he was from RFD, he confirmed and wouldn't let me buy a single one off him)[/quote]

Next time, slip an 11th copy of a different game into his pocket when he's not looking, and enjoy him trying to explain it to security when the beeper goes off. =)

Or have your significant other walk past him, yelp, and scream "DID YOU JUST GRAB MY ASS YOU SICK PERV?" :lol: Then while he's distracted, grab a copy of the game.

[quote name='greywolf501']The selection is usually pretty good at Roger's. The used games for sale are former rental copies, so expect some to be scratched up, but they shouldn't be too bad as they sell them off pretty quick so it's only been played a couple times.[/quote]

hmmm, and i could ask for another copy after i relize that the first copy doesnt work..right? or do they screw u and say i cant do that?

[quote name='Lockescythe']no you got 30 days or something. Worst comes to worst you can get the game resurfaced at BBV.[/QUOTE]
My local Rogers does this too.

Games I'll be looking for all hardcorelike:
Fallout 3
Fable II
Prince of Persia
Armored Core: For Answer

PS3
Valkyria Chronicles
Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have majority of the new releases

However, will scout local RV to check out if they have

PS3

Ratchet & Clank
Folklore
Mirror Edge?
09 EA Sport Games (NHL/Fifa/NBA)
Soul Calibur 4
Naruto?
Uncharted
Call Of Duty?
Rock Band 1 Game Only

Wii:
De Blob
Warrior Shake It

interested in ps2 games as well, but with 20 dollars one can purchased sealed ps2 games already :(

If I find any Resistence 2 / Fallout 3 / Little Big Planet etc, I will buy it and post it here. I Will trade / Resell for the same price (you pay shipping though :D)

Local BBV and RV usually have poor selections though lol

So does Rogers usually have games that have been out for a month in their used game section? Or is this new games too? (Or am I seriously missing something?)

[quote name='kathos']So does Rogers usually have games that have been out for a month in their used game section? Or is this new games too? (Or am I seriously missing something?)[/quote]

YMMV-
I know a store that has COD 5/Fallout/Fable 2/LBP......

Since FS now CARRIES USED GAMES....GO PM!

kathos, a month after release seems about ripe for when Rogers would want to get rid of their excess.

gamer, if you could PM me that would be amazing >_>

On the 19th I think I'll hit up Rogers Video on 41st & Victoria, Metrotown, and Surrey Central. Maybe Guildford.

Edit: Added Armored Core 4: For Answer to my list. My friend seems to want that bad.

Good luck PMing that at FS, the locations that actually have used games (outside of Toronto) have pretty piss poor selection.

Hey Firestorm,

Looks like we're the only two from Vancouver. I'll be hitting most of the Richmond ones after work, so I'll take a look and see if I find anything from your list.

[quote name='Wilme']Hey Firestorm,

Looks like we're the only two from Vancouver. I'll be hitting most of the Richmond ones after work, so I'll take a look and see if I find anything from your list.[/quote]
I'm in North Van so I'll go to Capilano probably won't be able to get there until Saturday morning though..

I'm on the lookout for COD 5, Fallout 3, Gears 2, Prince of Persia and Tiger Woods 09 (all for 360). I'll make a note of what other people want before I go.

Looks like we're the only two from Vancouver. I'll be hitting most of the Richmond ones after work, so I'll take a look and see if I find anything from your list.[/quote]
You're not alone! I'll be at Broadway at opening, and hit up the downtown ones after school. I'll PM you guys if I find anything good. I'm looking for pretty much all recent 360 releases as I missed out on the Zellers 2 for 30 and EB trade 2+10.

I was at my Rogers the other day and noticed they had a lot of stock of games like Too Human, Soulcalibur IV, Fracture.. i.e. stuff from 2-4 months ago.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for the big Nov-Dec releases but you never know...

So it seems like there's 4 of us hitting up different places then. I'll make a list of everyone's list and see what I can find. I missed out on the zellers deals as well, so hopefully we'll be able to get most of the stuff we want!

Hey guys, add me to the list for GVR. I can likely hit most of the Surrey and Richmond stores on Friday.

I actually got most of the big fall releases from EB trade deals, so with a few exceptions, I'm mostly looking for some b grade titles from the summer:

PS3:
- Motorstorm Pacific Rift
- SOCOM Confrontation (preferrably with headset)

360:
- Bourne Conspiracy
- Mercenaries 2
- The Force Unleashed (beat it and gave it back to EB Games for full money back, but wouldn't mind owning a cheap copy)
- Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
- Quantum of Solace
- Prince of Persia
- Pure

Hope we can all help each other out.

That brought all the GVR CAGers out of the woodwork. :)

I can hit up the Oak and 15th and West Boulevard and 39th locations.

Looking for (some may be $9.99 which would be even better)

:wii:
Okami
Boom Blox
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes
de Blob
Mario Strikers Charged
Tiger Woods 09
Animal Crossing
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

I wish I could get in on this but I'm flying out next weekend to see my family for Christmas and won't be back in the GVR until January. I doubt I'll even get a chance to check the one across from me on Friday while I'm still here.

You've got a lot to learn, young grasshopper!

Vancouver is over-represented, proportionally speaking, here on CAG.

Mark me down for Burnaby(School)/Coquitlam(Home)

I want:
Fable 2
Fallout 3

I've created a list for everybody from Vancouver so far. Hopefully we'll be all able to get the games we want!

Wilme
PS3:
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Eternal Sonata
- Resistence 2
- Call Of Duty 5: World At War
- Prince of Persia
- Dead Space

Firestorm
360:
- Fable II
- Prince of Persia
- Armored Core: For Answer

PS3:
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Resistance 2
- LittleBigPlanet

neo.dorsia
360:
- Call Of Duty 5: World At War
- Fallout 3
- Gears 2
- Prince of Persia
- Tiger Woods 09

MoFuzz
PS3:
- SOCOM Confrontation (preferrably with headset)

360:
- Bourne Conspiracy
- Mercenaries 2
- The Force Unleashed (beat it and gave it back to EB Games for full money back, but wouldn't mind owning a cheap copy)
- Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
- Quantum of Solace
- Prince of Persia
- Pure

Lone_Prodigy (Don't purchase the games if you find them, just PM location)
Wii:
- Okami
- Boom Blox
- Super Paper Mario
- No More Heroes
- de Blob
- Mario Strikers Charged
- Tiger Woods 09
- Animal Crossing
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed

gamer602
360: