PSP: 567K / 421K = -146K

PWND :lol:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#182 HeadRusch

HeadRusch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

all i have to say is that everyone has high hopes for killzone 2, but as i remember, back when i play killzone 1 on ps2, it was a very average mediocre game that brought nothing new to the table whatsoever so why expect anything different from this.... the screen shots look decent but nothing phenomenol..... i hear as much hype for this game as i did for lair... all i can think in the back of my head is epic fail for killzone .... ill be shocked if it gets more the an 8 from any review site

I enjoyed the hell out of Killzone 1. In an age of shooters that are always trying to be faster and quicker, KZ was a nice slower experience. You didn't blast through the levels at warp speed, you had to move carefully, picking and choosing your battles. The environments were cool too, from what I recall. That fogged in swamp level was great.

It just ran like Ass and had the most annoying repetitive Helgast phrases over and over, but as a game I enjoyed it...one of the few shooters I've played on a console that i really liked.

I also liked how you could go back and re-play al evel with a different character and have to play the game a completely different way.

Clearly KZ isn't going to be for the UT3 fans, but I for one like games that play at a slower pace.

#183 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:25 PM

The PS3 is boring.

It's because you have a 1080i TV and have ignored most all the great PS3 games. It's fun if you care to support it.

It's just Sony's fault for being retarded this holiday. Expensive system + no bundles ($500 + a year old game doesn't count) = cheap systems will outsell you.

Like I said before, it's what Sony expected and they honestly could not afford a PS3 pricecut this year, since they are still technically only breaking even or losing money on every PS3 they sell. They aren't MS who would be willing to give consoles away for free to increase its userbase.

As a Sony fanboy and a PS3 owner, I can confidently say the PS3 is a disappointment. HD/Blu-ray etc. are irrelevent. Games are what matter and the PS3 is lacking them.

Then sell the console if you aren't happy. We've been tired of hearing your complaining over SCEJ remaking Siren on PS3. Tired of your rants in the PS Blog about PSP downloadable games, complaining how SSD HD and Everyday Shooter aren't a UMD game. Being a UMD game would increase its price in the PSP Store AND in retail (because they gotta factor in retail loyalty, shipping, and UMD manufacturing into the cost. Plus, you cannot sell downloads cheaper than retailers MSRP or they'll be pissed). Like I said before, I've found plenty of PS3 exclusives which outnumbers the number of 360 and Wii exclusives I like combined. And since I BUY ALL my multi-platform games on PS3, my PS3 is overwhelmingly my favorite (someone who buys all their multi-platform games on 360 will feel the same way, since most good games this generation are not exclusive).
Posted Image

#184 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:28 PM

It's because you have a 1080i TV and have ignored most all the great PS3 games. It's fun if you care to support it.

You are out of control.

#185 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:33 PM

You are out of control.

Not really TBH. I own 37 Disc based PS3 games. 23 are only on PS3. Only one of them I kind of regret buying TBH.

Relating to PS3 pricetag, here is what was actually suppose to happen:
2007, there was NOT suppose to be a PS3 price drop. Sony dropped the price of PS3 in 2007 because they desperately wanted to give blu-ray a push, and PS3 was under their sales expectations. 2007 was suppose to be the year Sony breaks even and recoups many of its launch loses.

2008 was suppose to be the first year they dropped the price, but since PS3 already got its pricecut in 2007 (a year too early from Sony's original projections) and blu-ray won the HD format war, they decided to keep the price at what its at because PS3 hardware costs around $400 to make (does not include retail loyalty, some accessory bundling maybe, etc.). Howard Stringer has been putting pressure on the PS division to break even/profit, so that's why there's no pricecut. And while PS3 may not be beating the competition this Holiday season (it was 2nd pace during the 1st half of the year), Sony is still ahead/on-track to meeting their projections on PS3 consoles sold by the fiscal year. Last year they were not, this year they are. They already told investors how many consoles they expect to sell and for what price, that's why there's no price cut.

Not sure if people remembered, but in 2007 for an example, some were urging SCEA/SCEE/SCEJ to cut the price of the PSP. The PSP price dropped at the beginning of Q2 2007, since Sony came close to their target at the expected price point, to at least please investors, and next up was to drop the price and tell investors the plan. Sony will most likely do that with PS3, along with re-designing the hardware internally to reduce costs. MS cut the 360 price because they were NOT meeting their projected sales.

Although I rather not argue anymore since I'm in a pretty good mood, after the SingStar update today. :D

Edited by The Mana Knight, 16 December 2008 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

#186 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

That's besides the point of why you are out of control (although I find it impossible to find 37 PS3 games worth owning).

How would him "only" owning a 1080i tv contribute to why the PS3 is boring?

#187 tiredfornow

tiredfornow

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

What does munch having a 1080i TV have anything to do with him thinking the system is boring? :rofl:

#188 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:40 PM

Not really TBH. I own 37 Disc based PS3 games. 23 are only on PS3. Only one of them I kind of regret buying TBH.

Yet you don't have a job...

...DOES NOT COMPUTE!!

#189 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Being a UMD game would increase its price in the PSP Store AND in retail (because they gotta factor in retail loyalty, shipping, and UMD manufacturing into the cost.

I would rather pay the higher price and buy the UMD. I would at least like the option, which I'm not being given.

I'd happily support the PS3 if had games I wanted to support.

That said, I did go out and purchase Persona 4 on its first day of release. And I've asked for Valkyria Chronicles for Xmas. (And I'll buy it myself if I don't get it)

So :P

#190 eb3604

eb3604

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:52 PM

I for one like my PS3. Im not a real intense gamer. In fact most games make me nauseous (literally. I get bad motion sickness on anything that moves) But I have found games that I really like. (GH, MLB the show, Hot Shots) I do feel like the catalog isnt that big, but I figure in a couple years it will be. Although I also still own a nintendo and play that a lot too.

#191 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

No, they haven't.

Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K

The year does not equal one month. Sales at the begining of the year were much better than the holiday season for ps3. Get over it.

Don't be an idiot.

#192 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

Sorry OTT members, I'll probably just ignore your replies and not try to get into any more arguments with you all. ;) I'm in a good mood, like I said, after the SingStar PS3 update.

I would rather pay the higher price and buy the UMD. I would at least like the option, which I'm not being given.

I'd happily support the PS3 if had games I wanted to support.

That said, I did go out and purchase Persona 4 on its first day of release. And I've asked for Valkyria Chronicles for Xmas. (And I'll buy it myself if I don't get it)

So :P

Although you might want to pay a higher price, I'd be quite upset to see the price of the download go up just to match UMD. :(

You're probably more so into JRPGs, which the PS3 does NOT have many of. I'll be honest that I use to be a big JRPG fan and that's all I use to play. Now I can't even get myself to play any JRPG, regardless of what platform I get it on (I end up playing racers, fighters, music/dance or even FPS on my platforms more). Most time I could even get myself to put into one was the 360 version of Eternal Sonata (12 hours in 360 version, 6 hours in PS3 version). Valkyria is very awesome, no doubt, from what I've played. However, I just feel like playing R2 online most of the time. You will definitely enjoy it.

I recommend it to ANY PS3 owner who has any interests in an RPG.

But, if people want to try saying the PS3 has no good exclusives/games, then why not I bring up the IGN article.
Showdown 1, Battle of Exclusives

Let's compare systems shall we? The Wii had the most exclusives that scored over 7.5 this year, but once you get past Brawl and Zack & Wiki, the scores drop straight to the mid-8s and below. While games like No More Heroes, Skate It and de Blob are absolutely worth playing, they're not quite the triple A exclusives that every system looks for. That said, there's plenty of breadth in the Wii's exclusive lineup, and - finally - the third parties have delivered a number of great titles. The genre split for exclusives is pretty good: you've got music games, platformers, sports, racing and fighting, not to mention a simulation of exploring ocean depths and an action title where you're surviving volcanoes, fire storms and flash floods. That's great, but the other platforms have a lot more genres accounted for in non-exclusive titles, so it's really a necessity for Wii. In fact, the Wii really should have considerably more exclusives than it does if it wants to remain appealing to Nintendo's more passionate supporters. We all know how average ports to the Wii tend to be, while the system's SD hardware and motion controls make it a much tougher proposition to develop quality cross-platform titles for. Quality exclusives are imperative.

The Wii's exclusive line-up is a little bittersweet, too. Garnering a 7.9 may qualify Mario Kart Wii for the list, for instance, but really, that's a hugely disappointing score for such a quality franchise. And something like Castlevania Judgment - sure, it might be a solid enough fighting game, but really, who wouldn't prefer a 9/10 traditional Castlevania title?

The Xbox 360's list is similarly conflicted... and considerably smaller than the Wii's. While exclusives are less important on 360 than on Wii, when compared to the PS3's list of exclusives, it's clear that the 360's line-up could be a lot stronger. The breakdown of genres is pretty decent, with a number of core titles paired with slightly more left of field ones, but as mentioned before, the 360 didn't have many quality casual-orientated exclusives, whereas that's absolutely one of Sony's strengths.

Sony's list also makes it clear how effectively the company can leverage first party development and excellent second/third party relationships to put quality exclusives on the PS3. Not only does Sony have great first party studios in Europe and Japan, including SCE Studios Japan (Siren: Blood Curse), Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo 5 Prologue) and SCE Studios London (Singstar), thus producing games from different cultural perspectives, but its tight relationships with development studios like Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet), Insomniac (Resistance 2), Evolution Studios (MotorStorm: Pacific Rift) and Relentless Software (Buzz! Quiz TV) have stood it in good stead.

Looking at the breakdown of scores, it's clear that while the PlayStation 3 only has two more exclusives than the Xbox 360, it has quality on its side, with four games scoring 9 or higher, compared to only one on Xbox 360. The Wii, meanwhile, comes in with two. All three systems have exclusive strengths and weaknesses, but if we had to call a winner - and we do - we'd give it to the PlayStation 3: Sony's system has the highest standard of exclusives, paired with plenty of variety.

Overall Winner: PlayStation 3

http://games.ign.com...7/937519p1.html

Showdown 2: Battle of Genres

So that's our medal tally. While the PS3 - again - comes out on top in terms of the games of 2008, that's from a viewpoint of treating all genres equally. The reality is, of course, that you'll be far more interested in some genres than others, so they're the areas you should pay attention to.

http://games.ign.com...7/937942p1.html

However, I will not be blind and admit 360 won the battle on downloadable games:
http://games.ign.com...8/938862p4.html

So to say PS3 sucks, PS3 is boring, or whatever is a bit short-sighted IMHO, because it definitely has good exclusives when comparing consoles this year, and it does have a decent variety of games in genres (although one thing I disagree with is that I'd give 360 the edge for RTS because of C&C, PS3 the edge in sports because of MLB08 The Show and Hot Shots Golf: OoB).

EDIT: Sorry munch I was a bit rude by my comment, but I remember an OTT posts once where you mentioned about your 1080i TV, then you said something like (PS3 has no good games anyway, am I rite?) and that's what I was referring to (although I understand that was probably partially a joke).

Edited by The Mana Knight, 17 December 2008 - 12:23 AM.

Posted Image

#193 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

Oh really? Try arguing with this chart if you don't believe me.

Posted Image

#194 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:13 AM

That's besides the point of why you are out of control (although I find it impossible to find 37 PS3 games worth owning).

How would him "only" owning a 1080i tv contribute to why the PS3 is boring?

Yeah... that was kind of a dickish thing to say.

Not all of us get our televisions handed down to us.

#195 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

IMO I think PS3 has some good exclusives. This gen has been crap as far as exclusives go. What makes the 360 seem so dominating as far as exclusives go? There are very few exclusives this time around. As far as the Wii goes, if I wanted to play Mario and Zelda for the 800th time I'll just whip out the N64. I'm a big fan of Ratchet, Uncharted, Resistance etc so I found some games I did enjoy. It's not like the PS3 has no good exclusives and the 360 has assloads of them. It doesn't. I think the PS3 needs more platformers and RPGs. It really doesn't have anything game wise to seperate from the 360 (and vice versa).

Mana, going with the "if you don't want to marry your PS3 why don't you sell it?" argument is not going to win anybody over. It really depends on what system you bought first. If you got a 360, you have no need for a PS3. If you bought a PS3 first you have no need for a 360. Instead of bitching about why PS3 is a sinking ship, people should be bitching about lack of exclusives on both systems and how the 2 systems are so similar that you can't even tell them apart.

#196 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

Although you might want to pay a higher price, I'd be quite upset to see the price of the download go up just to match UMD. :(

There's no reason it has to. Burnout Paradise had a lower price for the download. There's *no* reason they can't do exactly the same thing with PSP games. The precedent has already been set. All I want is the *choice*. I'm not arguing for an either/or situation.

You're probably more so into JRPGs, which the PS3 does NOT have many of. I'll be honest that I use to be a big JRPG fan and that's all I use to play. Now I can't even get myself to play any JRPG, regardless of what platform I get it on (I end up playing racers, fighters, music/dance or even FPS on my platforms more).

Yeah, I am an RPG fan. I'm also a fan of the more quirky stuff like Mister Mosquito and Incredible Crisis. We've seen a bit of that on the PSP with Loco Roco and Patapon. And guess what? I *bought* both the UMDs. New.

But, if people want to try saying the PS3 has no good exclusives/games, then why not I bring up the IGN article.

I'm not saying it has *no* good exclusives. It's just that there's a distinct *lack* of them, and I'd like more. There's a difference.

And for what it's worth, I will be buying Uncharted 2, GOW 3 and Heavy Rain this year, so I will support the PS3 when there's stuff that's interesting.

#197 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

No, they haven't.

Nov. 2007 / Nov 2008 = Differential
Playstation 3: 466K / 378K = -88K
Playstation 2: 496K / 206K = -290K

pull the worldwide sales. and pull the rest of the months,
Posted Image

#198 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

I forgot you live in Japan/Europe, Thomaticus!

Those Japanese 360 fans sure did love the November NPD! It mattered greatly to them.

#199 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:47 AM

I forgot you live in Japan/Europe, Thomaticus!

Those Japanese 360 fans sure did love the November NPD! It mattered greatly to them.

Look if you're going to be my fucking secretary, [pulling numbers for me] then pull those numbers... Ms. Piggy!

The thread is reference PS3 sales performance... of course we'd like to see worldwide numbers, why look at NA only.. and act like NA is the only place where PS3 sales..

you bring numbers, then bring them all...
Posted Image

#200 StrandedBrit

StrandedBrit

Invaders Must Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

There's no reason it has to. Burnout Paradise had a lower price for the download. There's *no* reason they can't do exactly the same thing with PSP games. The precedent has already been set. All I want is the *choice*. I'm not arguing for an either/or situation.

As far as I know when BP hit the store for $30 it also went to $30 at retail as well. I remember because I checked to see what I'd get for my disc version and it was not so much.

Choice would be nice, but in Everyday Shooters case if it had been $20 at retail and the store I may not have picked up either at least for a while. At $10 download it's priced just right.
Posted Image

#201 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:50 AM

Look if you're going to be my fucking secretary, [pulling numbers for me] then pull those numbers... Ms. Piggy!

The thread is reference PS3 sales performance... of course we'd like to see worldwide numbers, why look at NA only.. and act like NA is the only place where PS3 sales..

you bring numbers, then bring them all...

Are you okay? Sometimes, I worry about you, buddy. Chin up, tiger.

http://www.cheapassg...4&postcount=193

#202 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

Mana Knight:

Something is seriously wrong with you.

Look at all that research you did to try and prove your argument.

When was the last time you put that much time/effort into looking for a job?

#203 M-PG71C

M-PG71C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

@ oasisboy

Well well, I guess I am wrong in some respects. :D Meh, it is what I get for following economics and politics more so nowadays than video games.

I still don't think MS or Sony's strategy is all what it needs to be though. I love competition, but there is a sense of stupidity in how they run things. It is either you end up being extremely successful or you end up bombing out right. The two have clearly switched positions.

As for the Wii, well, I like it and a lot. It's not perfect but there are things Nintendo does get right and wrong, just like the other two. I own a PS3 and a Wii and I have my likes and dislikes between the two.
Posted Image

#204 PagingDrUgly

PagingDrUgly

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:05 AM

I sure hope not! I own all three current gen systems and think they all have enough exclusives to be relevant and greatly enjoyable...

But...This reminds me of when I had my PS, Saturn and N64 all sitting on one shelf under my TV in my room... and suddenly feeling sad that one would not be supported anymore... sniff sniff
:grouphug: :360: :ps3: :wii: :pc: :grouphug:

#205 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:13 AM

it's doing well in Japan and still selling in outside of Japan... it'll hold its own

#206 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

Are you okay? Sometimes, I worry about you, buddy. Chin up, tiger.

http://www.cheapassg...4&postcount=193

You and your retard chart need to go have a seat in the corner; damn that's one retarded looking chart
Posted Image

#207 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

You and your retard chart need to go have a seat in the corner; damn that's one retarted looking chart

Yeah, what a retart.

#208 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:42 AM

Mana Knight:

Something is seriously wrong with you.

Look at all that research you did to try and prove your argument.

When was the last time you put that much time/effort into looking for a job?

Well at least he researched it, instead of just pulling BS from the anus like most of the 360 fans that visit the PS3 forums from time to time.
Posted Image

#209 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:43 AM

Yeah, what a retart.

Thank you for spell checking me secretary. You're good.. now if you could kindly pull some worldwide numbers, and make me a cup of coffee we could get everthing squared away.
Posted Image

#210 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:45 AM

Thank you for spell checking me secretary. You're good.. now if you could kindly pull some worldwide numbers, and make me a cup of coffee we could get everthing squared away.

Everthing is squared away.

Here are the charts you wanted:

Posted Image