Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

Heh, good intentions.

Posted Image

#32 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:53 PM

Just created a social group for this, anyone with a sniff of interest in this can go ahead and join here (I'm not strict). Surprised to see that not every CAG Night has their own individual social group.

Posted Image

#33 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

I was wondering if any maps were used besides 2fort... I guess that explains it. Some of the custom maps in Quakeworld's TF were just flat our genius and I miss that.
Posted Image

#34 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Dustbowl is played just as much as 2Fort.

Posted Image

#35 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

I'm going on. I'm sorry, but I have to kill you all now :lol:
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#36 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

why join someone else's server? It's full man.

#37 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

My connection was crap, involuntary sign-outs, and couldn't see the servers you guys were playing on. Try it again next week.

Nice tricks, jumping the building, don't know any myself...

Posted Image

#38 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

Wow, I guess you guys do this early. I was thinking about joining you, but it takes a long time to get those kids in bed. Maybe next time...

#39 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, it's pretty early. I barely have time to change/eat/settle in after getting home from work just after 6pm most days, but I actually like it because some of the CAG nights don't start til 9-10pm and I'm ready for bed at around 11pm. It seems like we have short nights too, but it's fun to dust off the orange box for a little bit every week. I kept it in after we were done playing tonight and finally gave Portal a shot... what a nifty game!

I messed with the sniper class a bit tonight. Not too shabby.. I need to tighten up my aiming with rockets too before I'll be any good in TF2. I was actually playing that well stage for a while before I realized no more CAG members were in but it was a nice change from 2Fort.
Posted Image

#40 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

Hey guys, add me so I will be able to play next tf2 night. I am anxious to see just how horrible my demo man skills are now that I haven't played in a couple months. But its strange, the last break I took from this game I actually felt like I was better once I came back, haha.

#41 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Man, everytime I log on the PSN you're playing The Orange Box, almost forgot it was today. Haven't had any connection issues in the last ~4 days so it should be good on my end this week.

Posted Image

#42 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Good excuse to pop-in The Orange Box everyweek. Glad to see a few CAGs made it. Hope the server was latency-free on your ends, I hosted the server.

Posted Image

#43 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

No crap.. I didn't realize you were CAG wolv_Rx.. cool so at least four of us were in on it tonight? I had fun.. when the loading screen popped up and I saw I had 0 stats as a engineer/scout/spy I had to try out those three classes. (My whole TF2 experience is the 3 hours I've put in since doing CAG nights 3 weeks ago) Spy was... meh.. I didn't understand the controls. But I did a bit of damage as engineer and had a capture as scout. I really like the scout class, but if there's a shred of lag (which the was tonight) it's extra jumpy. I think I'll give pyro a shot too next time. I need to give myself about a fraction of a second longer between lining up and pulling the trigger because my aim isn't what it used to be. About an hour or so is a good amount of time to pick this up a every time and the early start still works well for me. See you guys next week.
Posted Image

#44 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

A cool thing thing with The Orange Box is that you can customize the controls, even the y-axis and x-axis speed. My controls are no where near "default" so try messing around to see what works for you.

Posted Image

#45 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Man I've been playing a lot lately. I was just trying to get some hours into it before college started up again. Paco, I used to join your CAG night for this, but I went under the psn name: accp1207. It was fun playing with CAGs last night though. QiG, I noticed you attacking me a few times with the scouts bat, haha.

#46 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Man I've been playing a lot lately. I was just trying to get some hours into it before college started up again. Paco, I used to join your CAG night for this, but I went under the psn name: accp1207. It was fun playing with CAGs last night though. QiG, I noticed you attacking me a few times with the scouts bat, haha.

:lol: I don't remember that, but it's entirely possible. I'm still figuring things out and I'm not that good at FPS games so I just run and gun for the most part. It's all in good fun though. I think you were close to dominating me at one point but the streak was broken. The clan guys FOM or MOM or whatever were working me over pretty good. One of them dominated me and then as soon as I killed him and got revenge, the other guy in the clan had domination on me.
Posted Image

#47 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

I think the Heavy class is good for newbs at FPS's or be the stressless Engineer and build structures at your base.

Posted Image

#48 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

Is anyone here going to be picking up Killzone 2? It has a lot of the same classes in a sense. Medic, Engineer, Sniper, and maybe one or two more. I didn't think a game could replace TF2, but this has a shot.

#49 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Yeah... TF2 + CoD4:MW = Killzone 2's multiplayer, at least I hope!

Posted Image

#50 option.iv

option.iv

phantom fighter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys, I can't seem to make it to CAG nights since I'm usually back home a good hour after 4PST. But I'm willing to hop on and play if anyone is still on by then.

#51 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

I was playing for an hour (till 4:40) and during, just 1 CAG showed up for a couple matches and left so I got bored with randoms and plugged some Nazi Zombies in CoD:WaW. Saw a couple CAGs load up The Orange Box later, but I was lazy and finally found a Nazi Zombie match (hard to find one). Hopefully next week is better. I have a sense that TF2 CAG Nights aren't going to be around much longer once Killzone 2 comes out so join us while it's kicking. I probably should've started these an hour later than the time it's slotted for since it seems there's more PS3 CAGs that live on the West coast than the East coast.

Posted Image

#52 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

Sorry bout that. I wasn't feeling it but popped it in to see if I would feel better a little after playing (I did) but a short time into it my fiance came home and hopped on the internet to keep herself busy while I played. Everytime she loaded a webpage, I could tell in game, so I had to bug out because my regular easy to kill self turned into "Is that guy even shooting at anyone?" type kills. :D
Posted Image

#53 Chambered

Chambered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

Could anyone comment on how well this game runs on PS3? Mostly TF2, but also Portal. I have it on PC, but my PC junked out and I'd like to get my TF2 groove on some more....
Anyway, I had heard that the PS3 version of Orange Box had some issues...
Trade your old games for new games at Goozex!
http://www.goozex.co...7504558]Goozex!

#54 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:03 AM

Could anyone comment on how well this game runs on PS3? Mostly TF2, but also Portal. I have it on PC, but my PC junked out and I'd like to get my TF2 groove on some more....
Anyway, I had heard that the PS3 version of Orange Box had some issues...

The general consensus is that it's not unplayable by any means, but it's definitely not polished at all. If you have other options, consider that route, but if not it's still worth playing. I missed out on the whole CS era and that version of TF but I have fond memories of TF as a Quakeworld mod and enjoy TF2 on the PS3. I got into portal after leaving the disc in one night and had a blast with it.
Posted Image

#55 Shrapnellistic

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:50 AM

I'll probably continue Team Fortressing on the PC now that I got a PC that should be able to run it, waiting for a free weekend to play it before committing to a purchase since anything can go wrong with a PC game.

From reading the new Toys 'R Us Clearance thread, Toys 'R Us has (PS3) The Orange Box for $10.

Posted Image

#56 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

^^ I don't blame you one bit. The ps3 version does not even compare to the pc version from the things I've heard. I haven't even popped in tf2 lately. I've been to busy with school and work. Also playing with the same dang people gets old. I'll probably just put it in every once in a while til Killzone comes out. Then I think I'll say goodbye to tf2, unless I get a new computer that would run it.

#57 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

I haven't been playing it much, I made a new name for it though, it just sucks that the 44 people limit basically destroyed my old records and thanks to that, I'm much less inclined to play. Oh well. It gave me a solid year of fun with nearly 300 hours of gameplay. That's less ten a quarter per hour of fun. I bought it at the retail price of 60.

#58 QiG

QiG

I'm all out of gum..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

I'm out tonight (and next week). Leaving for vacation tomorrow and there's too much to do yet to be messing around with y'all ;)
Posted Image