Team Fortress 2 - CAG Night: Thurs. @ 4pm PT/7pm ET

Shrapnellistic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)

Team Fortress 2 CAG Night is a mass exodus of CAGs logging on Thursday at 4pm PT/7pm ET and running into eachother.​

Add an active player to your friends list (PSN: Shrapnellistic); then when it's time to play just go to under 'Friends' and join their match in progress. Also take a few seconds and join the social group for this weekly event here.

tf2screeniesdg2.jpg

$20 new at Amazon.com! Also includes: Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2, Portal. A beautiful deal for any PS3-centric CAG.​

Last edited by a moderator:
With its “rock-paper-scissors” mechanic of the nine classes that cater to each specific play style, be certain that you’ll be looking forward to the next match.

Pyro
class001ma9.png

For those who… like close-quarter-combat.
Weapons: flamethrower, shotgun, fireaxe
Pros: Deadly when uber’ed. Flush out Spies easily. Suit is resistant to fire.
Cons: Useless against sentries. Avoid water.

Engineer
class002fc7.png

For those who… want to stay back.
Weapons: shotgun, pistol, wrench
Pros: Set-up a sentry to pin-down the enemy and replenish your team by building a dispenser. Teleporters can be built.
Cons: Needs to baby his structures.

Sniper
class003eq8.png

For those who… can aim.
Weapons: sniper rifle, sub-machine gun, kukri
Pros: Only class with a scope for long range. Can defend oneself when cornered.
Cons: Easily back-stabbed.

Spy
class004dg2.png

For those who… like chaos behind enemy lines.
Weapons: revolver, sapper, disguise kit, butterfly knife
Pros: Has a rechargeable cloaking ability. Disguise oneself as any member of the opposing team to back-stab and blow-up Engineer structures.
Cons: Always fleeing when flushed out.

Heavy
class005yv9.png

For those who… are masochists.
Weapons: mini-gun, shotgun, fists
Pros: Largest hit-points of any class. Medics tend to shadow and uber Heavy’s.
Cons: Slow.

Demoman
class006ly3.png

For those who… like to set traps.
Weapons: grenade launcher, sticky bombs, whisky bottle
Pros: Splash damage. A cluster of sticky bombs can destroy a pesky sentry.
Cons: Needs good timing.

Medic
class007oc0.png

For those who… have faith in their teammates by shadowing them.
Weapons: syringe gun, bonesaw
Pros: Heal teammates to full health in seconds. A rechargeable ability that “ubers” a teammate, where both of you become invincible for 10 seconds; paramount if the other team’s got an impenetrable defense.
Cons: Without a [good] teammate, they will not last long. May unwittingly heal an enemy Spy.

Scout
class008zk2.png

For those who… want to go after the objective.
Weapons: shotgun, pistol, baseball bat
Pros: Can double jump. Fastest class. Doubles capturing speed when on a control point.
Cons: Needs good aiming. Make every shot count.

Soldier
class009ry8.png

For those who… think they’re Rambo.
Weapons: rocket launcher, shotgun, shovel
Pros: Second largest hit-points. The player can perform a “rocket jump” to land to unsuspecting ledges.
Cons: Lead the rockets. Slow.

I was doing this in the past, but nobody really joined as most cags probably moved onto other games or onto games that allowed private and more customization. But I'd be game for this if we have more then two people show up a night hah.

I saw the last post in there was made four months ago so I thought I'd revitalize what an overlooked FPS that Team Fortress 2 is. Should garner more attention with its low price.

and should kill enthusiasm when you realize that thanks to EA, the cap is only 44 people on your list and you're locked out of the game.

Never heard of that, yikes.

I wish Valve would have waited a year after the PC launch to port The Orange Box to PS3 and X360; TF2 [on its own] would have been wildly popular with the console crowd if it had 4 player splitscreen and upped the player count to 24 players.

when it launched on PS3 the glitch was about 30 people and you got locked out of the game. It got a sort of patch to move that limit up to 44 people or so which wasn't too bad as the limit was 50 people at the time on your list. Now that it's 100 it's bullshit. EA didn't do shit and nothing will get done. Though this game might find second life if it is put on the PSN store for a price of 10-20 dollars and fully patched even without the extras or the levels or whatnot. Just patched.

Probably, though for a second life I bet it'll need the new maps. I don't really care about the class updates, aside from patching the Medic so his needles give him 3 HP per hit since the Medic has no chance when his teammate dies.

I find that the medic's gun seems to have the highest rate of constant criticals for some reason. It's more of the angled shots that reduce the effectiveness. There should be a tweak to change the angles for it.

If you have a CAG in your friends list, you can join their game. If enough CAGs post here saying they're game then perhaps we can think about setting up our own server.

I'd be down for some more TF2, it's been a few months since I played it. When we had the last CAG nights though it was fun playing against Paco and others.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Man, just saw your stats and you're crazy in this game. This is a new account in case you checked mine.[/quote]

I have been playing this game since it came out. I'm not in top shape that I once was due to school, but I'm still fairly good.

TF is my favorite team based FPS of all time. I started back on TFC when it was first made for HL1. :)
I need to rent this for the PS3 and see how it compares to the PC version.. but I guess I'm spoiled with the class updates and all the new maps, hah.

http://www.teamfortress.com/ looks like Scout it gettin' updated next!

[quote name='Sinistar']TF is my favorite team based FPS of all time. I started back on TFC when it was first made for HL1. :)
I need to rent this for the PS3 and see how it compares to the PC version.. but I guess I'm spoiled with the class updates and all the new maps, hah.

http://www.teamfortress.com/ looks like Scout it gettin' updated next![/quote]

it was all about QWTF back in '98! I can't even remember how many hours I spent playing that. I probably played some form of TF for a decade or os now.

Not to be anal to the OP but:
Pyro's melee weapon is a fireaxe.
Sniper's melee weapon is a kukri.
The Spy totally does not have a "charger". It is a sapper.
The Demoman's primary weapon is a grenade launcher (seriously, "bouncing bombs"?) and it's a bottle of scrumpy as his melee weapon.
The Medic's loadout is a syringe gun, the Medigun, and bonesaw (yes, like in the first Spider-Man).
The Scout's primary gun is a Spread Gun.
The Soldier wields a Rocket Launcher and his melee weapon is a spade.

I'm not ridiculously "into" the game, I just notice the details so I'm accurate with them.

And the Pyro IS good against sentries. It's a common misconception that the Heavy is best for these but it's not. His medigun's bullet spread is terrible for sentries. Only Demomen and Pyros can take them down quickly. Then Soldiers, THEN Heavies. Snipers can also help supporting in taking them down if they're in view of one.

[quote name='Sinistar']TF is my favorite team based FPS of all time. I started back on TFC when it was first made for HL1. :)

http://www.teamfortress.com/ looks like Scout it gettin' updated next![/quote]
I'd say if you can run it on PC fine, then any other version will just seem inferior.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Not to be anal to the OP but:
Pyro's melee weapon is a fireaxe.
Sniper's melee weapon is a kukri.
The Spy totally does not have a "charger". It is a sapper.
The Demoman's primary weapon is a grenade launcher (seriously, "bouncing bombs"?) and it's a bottle of scrumpy as his melee weapon.
The Medic's loadout is a syringe gun, the Medigun, and bonesaw (yes, like in the first Spider-Man).
The Scout's primary gun is a Spread Gun.
The Soldier wields a Rocket Launcher and his melee weapon is a spade.

I'm not ridiculously "into" the game, I just notice the details so I'm accurate with them.

And the Pyro IS good against sentries. It's a common misconception that the Heavy is best for these but it's not. His medigun's bullet spread is terrible for sentries. Only Demomen and Pyros can take them down quickly. Then Soldiers, THEN Heavies. Snipers can also help supporting in taking them down if they're in view of one.[/quote]
Good catches, I'll fix 'em.

I think I'll pop in tonight. I *wanted* to move my living room around tonight, but I think I'd rather TF2 ;)

[quote name='m_d_amore']was fun im terrible too bad more werent on from here[/quote]

Ditto, did ok at first and once I switched from Soldier I started getting beat down pretty bad. :D Does no one use voice chat, or is it kind of broken for TF2? There's some annoying lag that may be internet or the game.. I wouldn't mind doing this for a little bit more often though.

Once I get tf2 back in a few days I'll participate. It's been a couple months since I last played. I quit my clan then sold orange box, but it's the only multiplayer game I have enjoyed a great deal, and I have to admit that I have missed it.

I'll probably start my own server this CAG Night, I should have good bandwidth since Comcast has doubled the speed in December from 50 to 100.

2Fort
Ranked
15 Minutes
First to 3

How many CAGs are still playing this? I've been wanting to pick up Orange Box for a LONGGG time now.. even at $20 I couldn't bite.. but I just recently heard TF2 has online play -__-.. IM FOR DAMNN SURE going to buy this within couple days.. so yeah, just wondering how many people still play. See yall online soon !

I have at least 8 CAGs on my friends list that want to play TF2 CAG Night. I never have trouble joining an active server when I'm on. Only two maps are really played, 2Fort and Dustbowl since the others really need at least 24 players and the cap is 16 for PS3 and X360.

I'm hoping I get it sooner than later. My gf purchased the game for me via amazon, and it turns out she ordered the 360 version,haha. But I ordered it again so it should be here before the next cag night.

Just created a social group for this, anyone with a sniff of interest in this can go ahead and join here (I'm not strict). Surprised to see that not every CAG Night has their own individual social group.

I was wondering if any maps were used besides 2fort... I guess that explains it. Some of the custom maps in Quakeworld's TF were just flat our genius and I miss that.

bread's done
Back