Buy.com w/ Paypal - Mass Effect $14.99 (SOLD OUT), Stranglehold $11.99 shipped

should be noted that mass effect is actually 20 dollars with a 5 dollar rebate. Still a good deal, just not quite as good.

Hmmm...I tried to do Crackdown from them using paypal, but they wouldn't give me the discount. :bomb: I'll try Mass Effect and see if I can grab it for that...if not, it's either wait to see if Gamefly goes for it this week, just spend the extra five bucks at Gamestop or wait for it to drop further.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmmm...I tried to do Crackdown from them using paypal, but they wouldn't give me the discount. :bomb: I'll try Mass Effect and see if I can grab it for that...if not, it's either wait to see if Gamefly goes for it this week, just spend the extra five bucks at Gamestop or wait for it to drop further.[/quote]

http://www.buy.com/specialty_store_6/paypal-weekly-specials/66655.html

These are specifically mentioned in a short list, so these shouldn't be an issue. DRM aside, I think I'll wait for the PC version which CC has at $20. You don't have to pay for the DLC with the PC version, also.

In for Mass Effect. I have such a huge backlog of games right now but just couldn't say no to that price. Thanks OP.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Finally picked up Mass Effect, been waiting to get this one for a long time. Thanks OP.[/quote]

Your in for a treat, arguably one of the best games on the system ever made!!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Mass Effect is one of my favorite games EVER...well worth the price IMO.[/quote]
Indeed.

Whoa, thanks mate! I finally picked up Mass Effect. Thank you so much! Don't know when I'll be able to play it. Still have to get through Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, and Banjo.. And Gears 2 keeps eating up my time.

[quote name='Mike 01Hawk']Is is true there's major slowdown on the 360 as compared to a decent PC? :([/QUOTE]

Well, the PC version of course is going to run and look better if you've got the hardware, but that pretty much goes without saying. I waited to buy but then skipped the PC version because it has 'activation'.

The 360 version still looks AMAZING. Basically I think the issue is the game pushes the 360 to its absolute limits. (Also has the best looking characters and virtual acting I've ever seen-IMO even better than Metal Gear Solid 4, which is saying something). There's no slowdown really but it chugs here and there. It really doesn't affect anything though, and wouldn't in the slightest affect my opinion of the game.

Only real issue with the game is its inventory system is basically just a big list of everything. It's really dumb, but even still it just means selling your junk between missions is slightly more annoying than it should be (and that wasn't fixed in the PC one).

[quote name='Pinnacle']Installing Mass Effect to the 360 hard drive resolves some graphical stuttering and other minor complaints.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I played it before the update, but that doesn't surprise me that it would help it run better. Even as it was though it worked, it just really pushes the hardware more than any game I've played so far.

I couldn't resist this price either. Been wanting to check out Mass Effect! $15 is just too good to pass up.

[quote name='polo14player']Why so cheap? I see there is a Game of the year edition coming out in feb.. anybody have any info.??[/quote]

Probably just going to contain the DLC "Bring Down the Sky". I would pay $60 again for it if they changed the inventory and party member control systems like they did for the PC version, but I doubt they went all out since they've got other projects to work on.

EDIT: This is what Wal-Mart.com has under their listing. Looks like they just copied and pasted from the PC release, but fingers crossed that they actually made the changes in the list.

• Free Downloadable Content  The "Bring Down the Sky" downloadable content will be
  • free for PC gamers to download. It includes 90 minutes of new gameplay, an original
  • soundtrack, and a new uncharted world that introduces the deadly Batarian alien race.
  • Tactical HUD  A new Tactical Heads-Up Display (HUD) allows players to access the
  • Individual Squad Command, Biotics powers and Abilities and Weapons command
  • interfaces all in one screen.
  • Higher resolution visuals  The world, characters and creatures of Mass Effect are
  • more stunning than ever before. PC Gamers will be in awe of the incredible vistas, cities
  • and landscapes found in the Mass Effect Universe.
  • Individual Squad Control  PC gamers will be able to control each of their squad mates
  • via a simple to use interface.
  • Re-designed Mako controls  Players can explore alien planets and engage in
  • vehicular combat with an intuitive and fully camera independent control system for the
  • Mako, their all-terrain vehicle.
  • Enhanced Inventory System - Makes it easier for players to equip and modify their
  • weapons and armor.
  • Fully Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
  • New Decryption mini-game  Fully redesigned, the team created a mini-game that
  • reflects the shape and methodology of the Omni Decryption Tool used in the game.
  • New Save Features  Players can Auto Save with the touch of a key and Mass Effect for
  • the PC also features an expanded number of Save slots
  • Faster Loading Times  Mass Effect for the PC will have optimized and quicker loading
  • times
  • Widescreen Monitor Support

[quote name='hx214']Can anybody recommend Stranglehold?[/quote]
excellent game! terrific graphics and desructable cover. great game play too! DEFENITLY worth $12. i'd snag this if i were u.

I loved the Stranglehold demo and would like to own it.
Can anyone else confirm it being $9.99 at Best Buy???
Otherwise I'll go ahead and get it at $11.99 at Buy.com

bread's done
Back