1068 replies to this topic

#151 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:30 AM

These are some nice flips guys/gals keep up the good work

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#152 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

My 2 complete copies of gripshift sold for $51 each. Shipping one to Thailand and the other to Japan. After original cost ($22) and ebay/paypal fees, I should net around $70.

#153 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Question: When you guys walk into a Gamestop and buy every copy of Wii Sports, what on earth do you tell them? Surely they question this as sort of suspicious...

Most gamestop's never have more than 1-2 Wii Sports in stock. I did come across this one gamestop that had 3 once. I bought 2 just to not act a little suspicious and left the third one behind. If a B2G1 sale was going on, I could have just said I came into get 2 and the third one was free so why not? Otherwise, I stick to 2. It's really a no brainer every time I walk into gamestop though. I'm lucky if I find just one.

#154 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:24 PM

Okay that makes sense. There's no way the Gamestops around me would let me buy more than 2-3 copies max. It doesn't help that I'm in there all the time and they know me really well. I walk in and they say "What coupon are you using today" or "Is there a sale going on"...

#155 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

My biggest success was back in late December 2006 when TRU had a clearance on Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, Metal Saga, Grandia III, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for $10 each. Normally my TRU usually has no clearance games but for some reason it had maybe 25 copies of each.

After hooking up at least 12 different CAG's with cheap TRU games (I got the feedback to prove it 8-)), I spent $200 buying a total of 20 games (a mix between Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, and Metal Saga). Each game netted $25 in store credit from Blockbuster.

I basically turned $200 into $500 worth of store credit, and used that to buy 4 DS Lites which I then flipped on eBay for around $150 each (since they were in real short supply at the time). Unfortunately all of that money went to rent because I wasn't working at the time which basically let me buy all those games and flip them during the afternoon (though I had to go to 4 different Blockbusters).

All in all it was a good time since I got to give back to CAG, get my feedback up, and make money when I was out of a job.

#156 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

My biggest success was back in late December 2006 when TRU had a clearance on Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, Metal Saga, Grandia III, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for $10 each. Normally my TRU usually has no clearance games but for some reason it had maybe 25 copies of each.

After hooking up at least 12 different CAG's with cheap TRU games (I got the feedback to prove it 8-)), I spent $200 buying a total of 20 games (a mix between Atelier Iris 2, Steambot Chronicles, and Metal Saga). Each game netted $25 in store credit from Blockbuster.

I basically turned $200 into $500 worth of store credit, and used that to buy 4 DS Lites which I then flipped on eBay for around $150 each (since they were in real short supply at the time). Unfortunately all of that money went to rent because I wasn't working at the time which basically let me buy all those games and flip them during the afternoon (though I had to go to 4 different Blockbusters).

All in all it was a good time since I got to give back to CAG, get my feedback up, and make money when I was out of a job.

Yea I remember getting a game from you.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#157 Mafiacrooks

Mafiacrooks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

My Gripshift got de-listed by Ebay for Copyright Infrigment.....DOESN'T MAKE FUCKING SENSE.

#158 gomikeoh

gomikeoh

I like turtles.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

My Gripshift got de-listed by Ebay for Copyright Infrigment.....DOESN'T MAKE FUCKING SENSE.

probably someone bitched and got jealous... also u probably wrote "Exploit psp" all over the auction or something.

#159 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Mine got removed as well, don't worry I sent a 2 page letter to ebay via email about it and their handing of such things not limited to new feedback and fees(modded consoles are still all over ebay and they never get flagged). I figure if I bitch enough something will happen.

CAG TradeList

#160 io

io

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

I don't have any listed now but mine were fine earlier in the week. Did you guys mention the PSP-3000 at all in the listings? I didn't mention it - I was just selling this game after all...

Funny thing, though, is that I just sent one to Italy and got a message back from the buyer asking me to send the modification guide for the PSP 3000 to their email address :rofl:.

Like I said, I didn't mention the PSP 3000 or any modification stuff in my auction and since I've never modded a PSP myself (of any sort) I really have no idea how to do it. Hopefully the dufus doesn't think I was selling that info as well :roll:.

#161 GameBoyee

GameBoyee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

This was a flip that happened in my dream the other night:I Bought a GBASP at the dollar store,went to videotron and filpped it and got 235$ Store Credit.I Bought A PSP With 2 Non-existing Games:Burnout 3 And lord of the rings the two towers.

#162 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

i am so waiting for a wii coupon for gamestop next week. There are a couple of flipping opportunities.

Posted Image

#163 omg itz adam

omg itz adam

CHIP NOOOO!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

picked up 3 gripshifts and 2 wii sports today hopefully i can flip em

#164 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

Question: When you guys walk into a Gamestop and buy every copy of Wii Sports, what on earth do you tell them? Surely they question this as sort of suspicious...

you just go in there, buy them all. dont even say anything. just buy it. try not to use your edge card when buying it since some people did that and got banned after doing it too many times. they'll label you as reseller.

My 2 complete copies of gripshift sold for $51 each. Shipping one to Thailand and the other to Japan. After original cost ($22) and ebay/paypal fees, I should net around $70.

the market is too saturated now that everyone knows. i actually found 2 sealed copies, but the guy wants $40 for each so i didnt buy it.

This was a flip that happened in my dream the other night:I Bought a GBASP at the dollar store,went to videotron and filpped it and got 235$ Store Credit.I Bought A PSP With 2 Non-existing Games:Burnout 3 And lord of the rings the two towers.

WTF?!

#165 omg itz adam

omg itz adam

CHIP NOOOO!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:15 AM

they asked why i bought 3 gripshifts and i told them it was for a school experiment

#166 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

they asked why i bought 3 gripshifts and i told them it was for a school experiment

you should have told them to flip on ebay.

Posted Image

#167 omg itz adam

omg itz adam

CHIP NOOOO!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:56 AM

lol why is that?

#168 oyla10

oyla10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

I traded a copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (GCN) for $20 at GameStop towards Viewtiful Joe.

My best flip, happened last night actually! I'm a newb so it will get better. Pawning tomorrow!

Anyway, I bought The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition sealed at a garage sale for $5 this summer. Just sold it on Amazon for $65 after fees.

#169 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

Ouch, I think I flopped. 37.00 after the bidding ended for my Gripshift.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#170 omg itz adam

omg itz adam

CHIP NOOOO!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

37.00 isnt bad I sold one as a buy it now for 45 to someone in Japan, you have to remember how much you have into the game if its 7.50ish after your edge card at gamestop and tax it cost you 10 cents to list it and ebay and pay pal will take 2-3 dollars and you only paid 7.50 your still walking away with 25+ profit which is good for doing nothing.

#171 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

Yesterday I spent $2 on a Mercury Meltdown REvolution Wii & Flipper Critters @ Sears and got $10 for them @ another store which happens to be selling Fire Emblem Wii for $10 New. I'll probably keep Fire Emblem sealed as it seems like it'd be the type of game to go up in value, especially once the DS version comes out.

538822.png

#172 willc23

willc23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

One of my better flips from last year was the copy of Microsoft Office Student Teacher Edition I bought for $.50 at a yard sale and sold for $140 on ebay. Ready for the next YS season to begin.

Flipping flop was getting Blast Works for 9.99 at Best Buy and just now reselling them for $7 on ebay.
Posted Image

#173 Collectorguy00

Collectorguy00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Yea, I got two copies of Gripshift at GS for $6.xx and sold them for $28 and $52.50.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#174 Hiei69

Hiei69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

I might sale off my Castlevania Portrait of Ruin Bonus package. It's factory sealed and I think I've seen them go for like $40.
Currently Playing: :wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever :pc: Pixel Junk Eden
:pc: Rock of Ages :pc: Skyrim :psp: Corpse Party
Rayman Origins, Lumines Electronic Symphony, and Hot Shots Golf on the Vita

#175 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

Here's another one for me. I went to Target like 8 months ago or whenever they had the 30GB Zunes for $90 clearance. I bought two of them, and sold one on ebay for $180 shipped. I basically got mine for near free after fees. I should have bought the two I had left in the store but they were sold the very next day. Well, I guess I can say I didn't hoard them all. :)

#176 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:21 AM

Flip Flop:
I bought about 10 of the new Elmo Lives when they came out. Every store ended up having them in stock (50+) everyday throughout Christmas. Thought for sure they'd get me $150+ but people were selling them on eBay below cost. I ended up returning them and got my money back minus the cost of shipping it twice (to me and shipped back in). I was worried I wouldn't be able to because KB Toys went under and thought I'd be stuck with them. I'll take a $30 loss over $450 though.

The deal of the year has to go to HWV flips. I probably have about $900 in credit still after buying 2 Wiis, 5 or more games, points cards, and controllers. It was definitely a lot of fun going to different stores. Never did find recent games except for Mercs 2 and Fifa 09. It's just funny going into the store and putting a stack of games on the counter for the sale and they have no idea what you're talking about. They didn't want to sell me $40 games for $3.99 but a week or 2 later, they actually had the signs up. I couldn't believe the asking price for a USED guitar hero 3 was $40. Probably ended up buying 75+ games over the course of 2 months.

#177 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

Ultimately sadunk how much did you spend at HWV?

CAG TradeList

#178 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:53 AM

About $630. I sold 2 Wiis to lessen the costs. $250 for 1 and $270 for the other and sold 1 game for $45. So.... all in all, my OOP expenses have been $65 and I still have about $820 left (bought a Wii Fit tonight).

#179 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

I might sale off my Castlevania Portrait of Ruin Bonus package. It's factory sealed and I think I've seen them go for like $40.

its around $50. i would not sell it unless theres a new castlevania game coming out. its a really good set so it should be worth more..

#180 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Mine was buying several Guitar Hero World Tour bundles with a coupon and free shipping, then selling them. Granted at the end I sold everything, but a couple of folks that said they would buy it from me flaked once I placed the order and received it, so I was sweating for a bit. I sold the game plus 2 wired guitars several times over, got to keep a copy of the game, and still came out $30 ahead.

I didn't gouge folks too bad for ethical reasons, plus I had to invest a couple hundred bucks in all. All the buyers felt like they got a good deal, and I felt like I made enough (barely) to make it worth my trouble and money up front.