GTA IV 360 & PS3 $14.99 used @ BlockBuster (plus B1G1 free on $14.99 and under)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedeath

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
with the buy one get one free deal going on. might be a time for anyone who did not play this to pick it up

sorry in advance if posted

she works at the BB in old Forge, pa

she said it was just marked down today

-----------------------------------------

Edit by Io...

Update 12/28 - Mass Effect is now also $14.99 at BBV, making it eligible for the B1G1!

This deal has been discussed at great length in the Blockbuster thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207038

But since GTA IV for $14.99 (used) is such a great deal we'll keep this second thread around to highlight that part of the sale for CAGs who may normally avoid the BBV thread. Note that all used games $14.99 and under are Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Blockbuster right now, so, really, GTA IV is only $7.50 if you can pair it up with another $14.99 game. Please continue general discussion of the B1G1 sale in the Blockbuster thread and only post about GTA IV in this thread.

Some details that may answer a few questions though:

1) EVERY Blockbuster in the U.S. with the exception of franchise stores should have the $14.99 pricing for both the 360 and PS3 version and should also have the B1G1 sale running. Both are [highlight]automatic[/highlight] so no matter what you are told by the store employees you will get the deal (unless they override it manually). The price drop just happened so many stores will still have them tagged $24.99 or $29.99. TRUST in CAG and you will get your cheap GTA IV ;).

2) For the most part, these were former rental copies and thus just about every Blockbuster should be overflowing with this game, particularly for the 360. When buying a copy make sure to ask to look at a few discs so you get a good one. Chances are they had a few copies that never got rented at all and are still mint.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a good idea to post this here as it'll keep people out of the GR thread. :)

This is the PS3 AND 360 versions

do not believe the sticker, it will ring up $14.99. TRUST cag. :D

[quote name='KingWillah']BB makes me think best buy.
imo you should specify blockbuster

or am i a noob :p[/QUOTE]

there i fixed it for ya :p

[quote name='whitedeath']filanime i know. that thread has 60+ pages no way am i digging through there.[/quote]
Front Page?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Is this new or pre-played?[/quote]
used make sure to find the best one cuz blockbuster has some crappy boxes.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']this is only at the blockbuster stores, or does this also work for online?[/quote]
store only and it's also buy 1 get 1 free 14.99 and under.

Seriously? GTA4 and something else for $15? I doubt I'll find it at the one near me but I'm sure as hell going to look today. Thanks for the heads up...

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Seriously? GTA4 and something else for $15? I doubt I'll find it at the one near me but I'm sure as hell going to look today. Thanks for the heads up...[/quote]
If you wanna check other games to match up GTA go check the front page of the blockbuster/gamerush thread. They have a list there for more updated list go check towards the last 10 pages of the forums. hope that helps a little.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']7.50 w/ another game is a steal.

Orange Box is probably the other best $15 game available in my opinion, both for $15 is awesome.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. Deal of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Seriously? GTA4 and something else for $15? I doubt I'll find it at the one near me but I'm sure as hell going to look today. Thanks for the heads up...[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the double post, but every location I've been to had 8+ copies of the 360 version. The PS3 version seems a bit more scarce.

Someone is eventually going to ask this, so I'll take the bait:

Does anyone know the current TIV for GTA IV at Gamestop?

[quote name='filanime03']sigh blockbuster and gamerush thread its been posted ever since last week.[/quote]

What the fuck? Okay, seriously, you and the other regular posters have OCD or something. Pick any other forum, and it's posters won't be nearly as nazi as you.

The 360 version currently trades for $10. The PS3 version trades for $11. As others have suggested, it's a good idea to check out the Blockbuster thread if you are interested in more than just GTA IV.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Someone is eventually going to ask this, so I'll take the bait:

Does anyone know the current TIV for GTA IV at Gamestop?[/quote]

yeah I was going to ask the same question.

...and it's Buy 1 used game get 1 used game free. $14.99 value or lower. Punk monkeys have a few $15.22 games. I said, are you serious?

a side note for those running to BBV then to GS.

GS management can/will limit the number/type of games you try to trade in for store credit just incase you decide to show up with 10 copies of GTA IV.

Hopefully you won't run into that problem. Game on.

..And another thing: If you guys hold so highly these mega-threads for different stores, why don't you ask that they be stickied up with the weekly ads? Perhaps you just like fucking with posters not in your clique?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']..And another thing: If you guys hold so highly these mega-threads for different stores, why don't you ask that they be stickied up with the weekly ads? Perhaps you just like fucking with posters not in your clique?[/quote]

They don't need to be stickied as they are always at the top anyway. lol

Just hit 3 stores rounding up DS games for me and finally finding the elusive PS3 GTA for a friend. The 360 versions are easy to find but good luck with the PS3 untill they convert over rentals for sale. I saw exactly 2 one being disc only and one complete compared to about 30 360 versions. They will be priced $25 and $30 but are $15.

This is an awesome deal worthy of being its own thread, even if it is discussed in the blockbuster thread. I got GTA4 and Condemned 2 last night for 14.99.

[quote name='$hady']They don't need to be stickied as they are always at the top anyway. lol[/quote]

Hmm.. So, if it's always at the top, that must mean it's active and people are posting in it frequently, right? But it would be ridiculous to assume that all those posts contained a new deal, right? So, that must mean if you wanted to find the original posting of a deal, you'd have to sift through a bunch of crap, right?

So, then, are you saying that, while it's not okay for posters to forgo sifting through useless posts, (which, by the way, some of the more prolific posters say they absolutely hate) it is okay for the regulars to bully thread-makers for not putting the price in the thread title, freeing them from having to click once?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Hmm.. So, if it's always at the top, that must mean it's active and people are posting in it frequently, right? But it would be ridiculous to assume that all those posts contained a new deal, right? So, that must mean if you wanted to find the original posting of a deal, you'd have to sift through a bunch of crap, right?

So, then, are you saying that, while it's not okay for posters to forgo sifting through useless posts, (which, by the way, some of the more prolific posters say they absolutely hate) it is okay for the regulars to bully thread-makers for not putting the price in the thread title, freeing them from having to click once?[/QUOTE]

this is a battle worth fighting. you are not wasting your time at all.

Scored some games for the kids (Monkey Ball BB, Mater-National, and Transformers) and GTA IV for myself.. all for $25.

My BB in Portland (172nd and Powell) had quite a few GTA IV's left, all marked $14.99.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Hmm.. So, if it's always at the top, that must mean it's active and people are posting in it frequently, right? But it would be ridiculous to assume that all those posts contained a new deal, right? So, that must mean if you wanted to find the original posting of a deal, you'd have to sift through a bunch of crap, right?

So, then, are you saying that, while it's not okay for posters to forgo sifting through useless posts, (which, by the way, some of the more prolific posters say they absolutely hate) it is okay for the regulars to bully thread-makers for not putting the price in the thread title, freeing them from having to click once?[/quote]

If you want to play the game you gotta work for it.....
BB/GR thread shouldn't be stickied as it's not a "deal".
Target clearance threads are not stickied.
Kmart clearance threads are not stickied.

This b1g1 is a deal and the GTA 4 @ $15 is a deal and they deserve a thread.

EDIT: Forgot to add, check out the OP of the thread IO does an AMAZING job keeping things up to date. Also Friend of sonic has a tidy price guide in the second post. :)

I'll try to go up to blockbuster today and see what's there. Hope to get GTA IV but seems like everyone is buying eleventy billion copies to flip.

[quote name='rogue_one']Do all blockbusters carry games?? Or only Gamerush blockbusters??[/QUOTE]

I think, technically, every Blockbuster has a "Game Rush." However, two of the three local stores here do not have dedicated Game Rush counters like the last location. Those two are running the promotion and do have a decent amount of stock.

Js came back from my closest BBV.. GTA IV is $14.99 .. the worker didn't even know it was that price.. it was tagged $29.99 I believe.. Picked up Virtua Tennis 3 and The Darkness for $16.15 .. I already ordered GTA from the Overstock video game sale they had.. haha sall good finally found Virtua Tennis for cheap! Nice post OP.

Plus there were ALOT of PS3 GTA's(Around 7) at the BBV in Anaheim, for the people in the OC. Im not too sure about the 360 versions.. didn't really look through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of my stores have numerous 360 versions and several PS3 ones. The good thing is a lot of these were rentals that were never rented, so the disks are mint/new. (What do you expect when a store gets in 50+ copies of a game to rent?). And if your lucky, some of the cases still have the 1-month xbox live trial in them.

Thanks OP!

I just came back with a PS3 copy and it was complete (manual and map) with only a few fingerprints. Got Battle of the Bands Wii for my sister. Great deal for $16. Now I need LAIR!!!!!

People are so fuckin' lazy and irritable online. Personally, I think this is a deal worthy of a seperate thread.

Had I not bought the game when it first came out via the Special Edition, I would be grabbing one of these for myself as well.

I heart CAG. Picked up the last PS3 version my BB had, and it looks brand new. The guy said it probably had never been rented. I had a very tough time picking another $14.99 game... the 360 and Wii selection was awful, and there were only two other PS3 games. I ended up with Ridge Racer 7... meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back