Farcry 2/Prince of Persia/EndWar Price Drop @ GS - $39.99 (until 01/08/09)

wreckemtexastech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
link

hey guys, the ps3 versions (and maybe 360 too) have dropped on these two super hot titles...

39.99 new
34.99 used

EXCELLENT deal on either, i was suprised to see both of them drop like this. anyhow, thought id share this w/ my fellow CAGs!

If you use the 10% coupon and edge, youre looking at ~28 bones!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i had to see this for myself so i went on the site.....that is unbelievable....PoP was a venverable franchise for ubisoft....what happened?

Those prices are dropping fast, I got PoP for $40 a week ago about, and I have already beat it :p I will definitely check out Far Cry 2 during the B2G1 deal coming up, might be able to score some games on the cheap.

I got Midnight Club for $30 new on BF too :)

In my opinion, the new POP just wasn't up to the standards fans were expecting from the previous ones. It had repetitive game play, you can't die, and you can defeat every enemy as well as the bosses in the entire game with the same combo. The visuals were great, but the game play and story just wasn't there.

Ah Ubisoft. You keep breaking your own records.

This is why I never buy Ubisoft games until 1-2 months after release. They have done this for at least the past 2 years.

I don't know why you guys are acting so surprised. It's a Ubisoft title and Prince of Persia sold like crap.. I'm kinda shocked it didn't release at 39.99.

Yeah, when you cant really control your guy its like watching an interactive movie or something when what you really want is to play a game...

Too bad, I had high hopes for PoP...

Wow that makes me even more glad that everyone talked me out of paying $40 for PoP the other day. I still want to pick it up at the inevitable $19.99 though.

[quote name='Yenos']Endwar is also 39.99 new 34.99 used maybe thats old though[/quote]
How's the headset that comes with this? Might be a way to get a decent headset (and flip the game) for $40.

Endwar 39.99 is for the xbox360
The ps3 is 89.99 with the headset which imo is just ridiculous cause the headset is not that great

[quote name='LegolasFett']Yeah I was at GS earlier flipping some games and saw FC2 for $35 used, was tempted but...nah.[/quote]

FC 2 is Sick!!

im still amazed that reviewers are eating PoP up, like its the next Ico/SotC (which I've seen reviewers compare it to...BLASPHEMY!). I found the same problems with it as tenchi; tedious/easy combat and non-challenging overall.

I really hope this game gets overlooked when its awards time.

[quote name='linkmon']FC 2 is Sick!![/quote]

Indeed it is, I like how they did it Open World this time, and how everyone wants to kill you.

everybody -- price drop != bad game!

the new Prince of Persia is great. been playing it since it came out.

Silence you.
Hardcore/leet gamers knocking it will drive the price lower, lol.
Had rented it, played I'm guessing about 1/2 to 3/4 judging by the map.
Didn't feel worth $60, but $40....really tempted.

[quote name='filanime03']OP you might also wanna add midnight club los angeles for ps3/360
360:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68686
PS3
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=10915

This are new but sooner the used one will follow suit.

edit: the price are 39.99 new[/quote]

Dude, thanks!! I've been waiting for this one to hit $39. This, and Mirror's Edge.

Kinda quick for PoP to already drop price already. Has anyone seen PoP's sales figures yet? Are they really low or something?

Just a PSA, Far Cry 2 is awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='shrike4242']Time to buy a new copy and return it on the old receipt, as it's less than 30 days since it came out for PoP. Fary Cry 2, nope.[/quote]

Can you do that? I thought the UPC codes had to match up..?

[quote name='shrike4242']Time to buy a new copy and return it on the old receipt, as it's less than 30 days since it came out for PoP. Fary Cry 2, nope.[/quote]

Mr Against Fraudulence dropping the first name?

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Can you do that? I thought the UPC codes had to match up..?[/quote]If the UPC codes are exactly the same, then yes, you can do that. It's not fraud if you purchase two copies and return one on the old receipt. If they're not the same UPC, then no, you can't.

Returning the item to a place you didn't purchase it, or without a receipt, yes, that's fraud.

Son of a mother fucking bitch. I bought this on release from Amazon. fuck fuck fuck you Ubisoft I thought this time would be different.

Last time I ever buy release day from Ubi again.

Good news for cheapass gamers. The $60 price point was a bad idea from the start. I imagine that this will be par for the course during this recession/depression. Test the water with the higher price points, then slash to capitalize on all the money spent on advertising.

[quote name='aw004g']Good news for cheapass gamers. The $60 price point was a bad idea from the start. I imagine that this will be par for the course during this recession/depression. Test the water with the higher price points, then slash to capitalize on all the money spent on advertising.[/quote]

Havent you heard? The gaming market is recession proof. :lol:

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']Indeed it is, I like how they did it Open World this time, and how everyone wants to kill you.[/quote]

It's not really as open world as it seems. Unless you are in the desert, a lot of the map (at least in the Northern Territory) is just roads surrounded by a small treeline and then mountains and rocks on either side that prevent you from straying off road much. IMO I would have been fine with a smaller area that was more open and free. As is, they force you to pass the checkpoints on the road too much which always ends with dudes jumping in their cars and following you and shooting your car up until you stop to kill them, which is fine the first time, but after hours of this happening any time you have to go anywhere, it becomes a pain in the ass.

[quote name='shrike4242']Time to buy a new copy and return it on the old receipt, as it's less than 30 days since it came out for PoP. Far Cry 2, nope.[/quote]

Yup. I did that with Left 4 Dead when Gamestop had it for $40 on/around Black Friday.

I bought POP for $40 from Amazon and don't regret it. They upgraded it to limited edition for free even though I thought that promotion was only for preorders.

It doesn't look like anyone else dropped the price yet. Maybe GS just overbought.

I too got the LE version from Amazon, so I'm happy. Although I wasn't expecting a drop for at least 3-4 more weeks

[quote name='Grinchy']Wow that makes me even more glad that everyone talked me out of paying $40 for PoP the other day. I still want to pick it up at the inevitable $19.99 though.[/QUOTE]

lol.....agreed....now that i know the game is being dumped i'm just gonna wait for the bottom....19.99 would be perfect.

bread's done
Back