Little Big Planet Thread - DLC and CAG levels discussion

ChibiJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Start posting your guys' levels! Send me any non-CAG levels that you'd recommend too. Also, any recommendations for the thread.

Downloadable Content

* denotes free item
* denotes $0.99 item
* denotes $1.99 item
* denotes $2.99 item
* denotes $5.99 item

Costumes
*Chinese New Year costumes (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A SHORT TIME)
Frog costume (part of the Animal pack)
*Gorilla costume (part of the Animal pack)
*Halloween costume (no longer available)
*Kabuki Actor costume (part of the design competition winners)
*Kratos costume (only available from Gamestop pre-order)
*Locoroco costumes (pack of 5)
*Medusa costume (only available from Gamestop pre-order)
*Metal Gear Solid Meryl costume (part of the Metal Gear Solid pack)
*Metal Gear Solid Raiden costume (part of the Metal Gear Solid pack)
*Metal Gear Solid Screaming Mantis costume (part of the Metal Gear Solid pack)
*Metal Gear Solid Solid Snake costume (part of the Metal Gear Solid pack)
*Minotaur costume (only available from Gamestop pre-order)
*Motostorm costume
*Nariko costume (only available from Best Buy pre-order)
*Penguin costume (part of the animal pack)
*Resistance Chimera costume
*Sack in the Box costume (part of the design competition winners)
*Sack-Eating Plant costume (part of the design competition winners)
*Santa Coat and Trousers costume (no longer available)
*Santa Hat and Beard costume (no longer available)
*Shark costume (part of the Animal pack)
*Spacesuit costume (no longer available)
*StreetFighter Chun Li costume (part of StreetFighter pack)
*StreetFighter Guile costume (part of StreetFighter pack)
*StreetFighter Ryu costume (part of StreetFighter pack)
*StreetFighter Zangief costume (part of StreetFighter pack)
*Thanksgiving costume (no longer available)

Level Packs

*Festive Pack (no longer available)
*God of War Pack (only available from Gamestop pre-order)
*Metal Gear Solid Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
CAG Community Levels
key:
CAG name/PSN name
levels

cartman58/Cartman058
School is out for Christmas

Chess/frizby
Inside Your PS3
Little Big Indiana Jones
LOST
Towering Inferno

ChibiJosh/ShinChibiJosh
So Much Death

DarkNessBear/DarkNessBear
Bear's Crazy Maze! V2
Little Dead Space
Pokemon (joke)
Winkle and the Stolen Stars

dyeknom/dyeknom
The Beach

el_cheezer/el_cheezer
A Really, Really Short Level (bad joke)
Still Alive - Portal
The Ant Hill Adventure

freakyzeeky/freakyzeeky
ActRaiser - Fillmore, Act 1

FriskyTanuki/CrashSpyro
Sackboy Knieval's Debut
The Wheel of Death

futhamucka/Axylotl

The Cave

Gamelore/Gamelore
The Tower of Babby

HowStern/GonzoCorleon
The Little Dead

io/Odibee
delicous!!
Elijah's World
Elijah's 2nd World

jedijeff/jedi_Jeff
Last Train From Little Big City
Sac-Man

KingBroly/KingBroly
Choices are Tough!

RelentlessRolento/Rolento
Ice Cream in Srs
Sandbox Playground
Street Fighter: Turbo Wonky Edition
Super Strobe Street

Siggy Stardust HD/siggy_p
Aztec (2009)

smiggity/SmogItUp
Rampnasty

Snakelda/snakelda
Rock Band

Wlogan31/Western_Owl
A for Effort?
Quick Fight

YobRenoops/YobRenoops
Christmas World of Destiny

CAG Recommended Levels

Dino World by ???
Recommended by el_cheezer

F.T.P Fun Transfer Protocol by JustinHopewell

Jack McSetback and the Spiky Stone of Doom by ???

LEDelicious by RyanardoDavinci

Which Way is Up? by ???

Just so you guys know... My ActRaiser level is still a work-in-progress, but feel free to take a gander if you'd like. ;)
I hope to finish this level before the end of the year.

Nice work Chibi.

I cant wait to have weapons. I do hope the aiming and shooting isnt along the lines of you raise your hands to wave and thats how you aim and shooting happens when you raise your arms.

You forgot the God of War "Level" pack, which is just 17 stickers (I found this out through the LB store).

I'd also like to know the Sackboy material for each costume, if they don't have one. You know, so it looks like what is advertised.

I have a level, but it's a Trophy level, so I'm not comfortable saying what it is.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Just so you guys know... My ActRaiser level is still a work-in-progress, but feel free to take a gander if you'd like. ;)
I hope to finish this level before the end of the year.[/quote]

Sorry, I can take it down if you want. I just went through a couple random people on my friends' list and added them.

[quote name='BREVITY']Nice work Chibi.

I cant wait to have weapons. I do hope the aiming and shooting isnt along the lines of you raise your hands to wave and thats how you aim and shooting happens when you raise your arms.[/quote]

Thanks!
I'm hoping the aiming will be with the right stick since it isn't in usem but we don't have long to wait to find out.

[quote name='KingBroly']You forgot the God of War "Level" pack, which is just 17 stickers (I found this out through the LB store).

I'd also like to know the Sackboy material for each costume, if they don't have one. You know, so it looks like what is advertised.[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me about the God of War stickers.
As for the costume material, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. I don't think any of the DLC costumes came with a new material so it's up to you.

I'm just wonder what material I have to use to make my Sackboy look like the one in PS Store block (since they don't give you the costume put together automatically when you download it).

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm just wonder what material I have to use to make my Sackboy look like the one in PS Store block (since they don't give you the costume put together automatically when you download it).[/quote]

Oh. Well, I'm not sure how you would find that out other than by trial and error. Although, when I was looking at the stuff through the LittleBigStore, I noticed that if you clicked on an already purchased costume, it would change you to that costume. I didn't notice if it changed your material or not though.

It doesn't change your Sackboy's Material unless a new material is in the Costume. It's nice that they finally added that (I want to save each and every DLC costume individually) but I wish it'd include the material as well.

By the way, if you look in the LBS, if you want the Santa costumes, it lists it as part of the Festive Pack for $2.99 for some reason.

Also, the Nariko costume DOES NOT appear on the LBS if you've downloaded it. I'm guessing that a Heavenly Sword pack is on the way in the future.

[quote name='KingBroly']
By the way, if you look in the LBS, if you want the Santa costumes, it lists it as part of the Festive Pack for $2.99 for some reason.[/quote]

Really? I thought it was like the animal pack, if you clicked on it, it would expand and show the individual parts?

It does, but when you click on the individual part, it shows up as $2.99. I'm guessing it's in the Festive Pack too, but I haven't gotten it yet (I will though).

Very nicely done.

Very minor edit:

*Santa Coat and Beard costume (only available until 1/8)

Beard should be Trousers for this pairing.

The Festive Level pack is the first limited time item that costs something. I hope they don't start to force my hand on some of these. "Festive" was only 2.99, so that's more than fair, but if they start telling me that the SF costumes are coming down, I think I might have to bite earlier (read: more expensively) than I'd like to.

Thanks for the praise. I added smiggity's level.

[quote name='snakelda']Add my rockband level![/quote]

What's your level called? "My Rockband Level"?

[quote name='theflicker']Very nicely done.

Very minor edit:

*Santa Coat and Beard costume (only available until 1/8)

Beard should be Trousers for this pairing.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Sorry, I can take it down if you want. I just went through a couple random people on my friends' list and added them.
[/quote]

No, it's okay... I could always appreciate any feedback you guys might have in improving my level, when you guys see it. ;)

I think starting Tuesday, I'm going to add a News section at the top to mention the new DLC and any DLC announced for the following week, and maybe how many plays Little Dead Space it up to. :lol:

Do you think I should add an indicator to show the people that are still going for the Create trophy?

Also if any one has a recommendations for good/fun levels that aren't CAG creations, I'll add those too.

I'd suggest making it clear in the thread title that this thread is about DLC and levels, so it doesn't turn into another general discussion thread.

Hey, does anyone know any creator glitches? I heard there is a glitch to make objects very tiny, so you can make finer detailing. Also, I want to know if there is a glitch to make pistons invisible... Anyone know?

Awesome thread Chibi!

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey, does anyone know any creator glitches? I heard there is a glitch to make objects very tiny, so you can make finer detailing. Also, I want to know if there is a glitch to make pistons invisible... Anyone know?[/quote]

wanting to know the same...

I need to finish my playground level... it's more just making something that works as a playground, it's not suppose to be crazy or anything...

I uploaded a new level titled "Choices are Tough!". It's not a long level, and probably not very creative. More like a simple challenge level.

I have a recommendation to be added to the OP. Recommended Community levels. You know, the ones people must play. It's just a thought. I have a nomination to go with that.

LittleDeadSpace

It's pretty sweet.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have a recommendation to be added to the OP. Recommended Community levels. You know, the ones people must play. It's just a thought. I have a nomination to go with that.

LittleDeadSpace

It's pretty sweet.[/quote]

Isnt that old dudes level?

Could you add my first level to the list?

"The Ant Hill Adventure"
PSN el_cheezer

And as far as recommended levels go, I'm sure you've all played them, but I'd suggest anything by geosautus.

[quote name='KingBroly']I have a recommendation to be added to the OP. Recommended Community levels. You know, the ones people must play. It's just a thought. I have a nomination to go with that.

LittleDeadSpace

I've actually already asked for level recommendations in 2 places already, one of which is in the OP. Although, for now, I think they should be only non-CAG levels. Plus I hear that LittleDeadSpace isn't a very good level. ;)

Well, I decided once I have time today I'll be working on finishing my playground level a little more making it more interesting than it is... possibly a story... don't know yet.

LittleDeadSpace

Wow, that's ironic...

I've actually already asked for level recommendations in 2 places already, one of which is in the OP. Although, for now, I think they should be only non-CAG levels. Plus I hear that LittleDeadSpace isn't a very good level. ;)

:hot:

I finished my playground level. Everyone have a look. I was focusing on more of a relazing and functional setting than something to blow you away... plus I've built in an odd weather system that works decently but helps the mood.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I've actually already asked for level recommendations in 2 places already, one of which is in the OP. Although, for now, I think they should be only non-CAG levels. Plus I hear that LittleDeadSpace isn't a very good level. ;)[/quote]
I think having a "MUST PLAY!" section for levels that are of outstanding quality is a good idea, regardless of the creator.

[quote name='mguiddy']I think having a "MUST PLAY!" section for levels that are of outstanding quality is a good idea, regardless of the creator.[/quote]

Maybe. But, I think that if CAGs are part of the must play section then it may take some of the spot light from the other CAG levels, and that doesn't seem very fair.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Maybe. But, I think that if CAGs are part of the must play section then it may take some of the spot light from the other CAG levels, and that doesn't seem very fair.[/quote]
If the level deserves it.;):lol:

Just one question, how do you change the color of deadly gas and other objects in this game? I can't figure it out.

Updated the OP with MGS goodness.

I also made a really quick (shameful) Paintinator trophy level and in this short time (an hour), I have quadruple the plays on it than anything else. Hurray Crowd Pleaser trophy!

[quote name='KingBroly']WTH? My MGS pack pulled a Castle Crashers save.[/quote]

Meaning what? It corrupted your save? If so, that's frightening. I just made a back up of mine just in case.

bread's done
Back