Tom Clancy's Endwar w/ headset for PS3 & 360- $49.99 at Best Buy B&M & online

I lost my old headset so this is a good deal. Ive also been waiting for the endwar headset bundle to go down. Guess I will be taking a trip to BB today.

I picked up the PS3 version when Target had it for $54, although im still tempted for the 360 version just for the headset.

So the 360 headset bundle is harder to find? Gamestop doesn't have it listed at all but I see a used listing for the ps3 that is supposed to come with the headset. It's $34.99.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I picked up the PS3 version when Target had it for $54, although im still tempted for the 360 version just for the headset.[/quote]

Exactly what I just did.

[quote name='shoe478']So the 360 headset bundle is harder to find? Gamestop doesn't have it listed at all but I see a used listing for the ps3 that is supposed to come with the headset. It's $34.99.[/quote]

The 360 Version is a Best Buy Exclusive.

[quote name='shoe478']So the 360 headset bundle is harder to find? Gamestop doesn't have it listed at all but I see a used listing for the ps3 that is supposed to come with the headset. It's $34.99.[/quote]

No the 360 With Headset is a Best Buy Exclusive, and the Used PS3 version is game only gamestop never sell bundles together.

I know about the bundles thing, that is why I mentioned it.

They must've listed it on the website wrong. They have 3 listings for it on the ps3. W/ headset new, W/ headset used and game only new.

Edit: Like Socom: Confrontation, there are 3 listings. New w/ headset, New game only and Used game only. Maybe someone can get a headset w/ the Endwar game if they print out the page and take it to a Gamestop.

I've bought a few wireless headsets for the 360 and I've always had problems with the mic picking up my voice unless I talk really loud.

How does this headset compare with the one from Socom Confrontation? Cheapy hyped the socom one up on CagCast 140.

Saw the deal, passed for 2 reasons:

1. I was in the Endwar Beta and DL'd the demo (360 version) and it was highly 'meh'
2. I've heard nothing good about the wireless headsets. Either they don't pick up your voice, or they pick everything up in the room magnified about 3 times. You know that guy whose mic is always broadcasting in the Halo 3 lobby, and it sounds like his TV is set to '11'? I bet he's using a wireless mic.

Caveat Emptor!

The PS3 edition is supposed to include the Official Sony Headset aka the SOCOM Headset. Very tempting deal. Might pass considering the only ps3 game I play online is Resistance 2

[quote name='-Syzygy-']How does this headset compare with the one from Socom Confrontation? Cheapy hyped the socom one up on CagCast 140.[/quote]

Same Mic. Its the Official Sony Wireless mic.

Dang.... I just bought this at Best Buy for the $55 Target price. Is this confirmed in store? Do you guys think I could get a price adjustment?

Yep, I have a 360. I got the 360 version for the headset and a PS3 one for the blue tooth. Great deal. Now I just sold the sealed copies of the game for about $41.xx each and ended up paying only $13.xx for each wireless headset.

Best deal of the christmas.

haha, in my BB, there is a sticker on all the limited editions like madden and sr2, save 20% off limited edition boxes

it's also on my endwar + headset box, 49.99 override to 39.99, ymmv. the bb is located in emeryville, ca

I had Halo 3 Headset. No need for extra head set. I'll get game whenever it drop down $20 or less. I don't think this game is BIG sale. I don't think sales over 50,000 copies.

[quote name='gi60']Is the ps3 games inside the bundle has the barcode? Local bb only takes trade if it has the barcode.[/quote]

Yes. As far as I can tell, the game is indistinguishable from the normal retail release.

[quote name='NDPsycho']Yes. As far as I can tell, the game is indistinguishable from the normal retail release.[/quote]

Correct, Both Games Come as standard Sealed Releases. The Best Buy 360 Excl. Bundle even has the headset in its retail blister packaging that's why the box is so huge.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Correct, Both Games Come as standard Sealed Releases. The Best Buy 360 Excl. Bundle even has the headset in its retail blister packaging that's why the box is so huge.[/quote]

This was my question. I knew the package was the retail one for the PS3 but wanted to make sure the Xbox 360 had the actual retail version in the box.

Also just to clarify there is no sticker or anything over the Xbox 360 version of the game? Its exactly like the one you buy in the store?

[quote name='NJMane']This was my question. I knew the package was the retail one for the PS3 but wanted to make sure the Xbox 360 had the actual retail version in the box.

Also just to clarify there is no sticker or anything over the Xbox 360 version of the game? Its exactly like the one you buy in the store?[/quote]

Yes, stop worrying. its exactly the same.

[quote name='kart007k']Yep, I have a 360. I got the 360 version for the headset and a PS3 one for the blue tooth. Great deal. Now I just sold the sealed copies of the game for about $41.xx each and ended up paying only $13.xx for each wireless headset.

Best deal of the christmas.[/quote]

Wait, is the 360 version a blue tooth headset? Any links for the headset by itself?

anyone have experience with the xbox wireless headset? i hear all sorts of mixed reviews... so this is only a good deal if the headset works well.

I went to my BB and picked up this deal yesterday. Right next to the game on a little BB sale sticker it said "$49.99 for Endwar Headset Package w/ Strategy Guide".

I don't know if it was an error at the BB, but after 5 minutes with an associate I got a free strategy guide with my game.

this is probably very YMMV.

Anyone who can should pick this up. This is a great game in my opinion plus a free headset and potentially even greater deals in some stores(strat guide, 20% off, RZ coupons). Definite must have for this price.

What is the price (MSRP) on this normally?
Edit: On Amazon, I saw it was $95 for the PS3 bundle... and $90 at Gamestop.

Good deal... I will pick it up for the headsets.

How is the 360 headset?
I like the PS3 Socom headset but reviews don't seem as favorable for the 360 headset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up for myself, today.

Had the same sticker:

"w/ Strategy Guide"

So.. yeah, got a free strategy guide as well.

Might play the game, just to check it out. Looks kinda nifty.

Also heard absolutely nothing negative about the Official Bluetooth headset, so.. good deal!

Free game! :)

[quote name='vectorscalar']Saw the deal, passed for 2 reasons:

1. I was in the Endwar Beta and DL'd the demo (360 version) and it was highly 'meh'
2. I've heard nothing good about the wireless headsets. Either they don't pick up your voice, or they pick everything up in the room magnified about 3 times. You know that guy whose mic is always broadcasting in the Halo 3 lobby, and it sounds like his TV is set to '11'? I bet he's using a wireless mic.

Caveat Emptor![/quote]

That's too bad. I hoped they had fixed those problems :bomb:.

I've heard the opposite about the PS3 Bluetooth headset. I hear that the sound quality one this one is amazing, and that the free one with Warhawk is absolute shit. Anyhow, I picked up the PS3 bundle with the guide today.

Thank you Rouz, I found the tag saying Endwar Bundle & Guide $49.99. This is technically $60 in savings (Bundle-$90 at GS, Guide-$20). I'm very happy with this.

[quote name='solsovly']Wait, is the 360 version a blue tooth headset? Any links for the headset by itself?[/quote]

The 360 version is the standard wireless headset that sells for $60 by itself. The 360 system doesn't support Bluetooth.

Didn't some versions of the 360 headset have problems? I thought I remember Cheapy saying in one of his videos that the voice quality sucked pretty bad. Did they fix that? Do they use batteries or is the headset recharged via AC?

Thanks for pointing out that you might be able to get the strategy guide for free too, I'll check that out as well.

Hopefully I get enough Christmas money. I don't have that much interest in Endwar let alone haven't even watched a Gametrailer reviews or any other kind of review but its only $30 when I sell the mic to a friend.

I was wondering what other PS3 games the headset can be used for? I just got a PS3 recently and not really familiar with that many games. This looks like a very tempting deal, but I'm not sure if I'll be using the headset a lot.

[quote name='lito88']Picked this up at Best buy and took the game back to Walmart and got $65 back. Great deal.[/quote]

I think you got the wrong site, you are looking for Crooked Ass Gamer.

[quote name='mikutan']I was wondering what other PS3 games the headset can be used for? I just got a PS3 recently and not really familiar with that many games. This looks like a very tempting deal, but I'm not sure if I'll be using the headset a lot.[/quote]Any PS3 game that supports voice chat would use it.

Some off the top of my head:
Resistance 2
SOCOM Confrontation
Warhawk
COD 4

And I know there's more out there besides just those.

[quote name='mikutan']I was wondering what other PS3 games the headset can be used for? I just got a PS3 recently and not really familiar with that many games. This looks like a very tempting deal, but I'm not sure if I'll be using the headset a lot.[/quote]

Don't buy it just to get the headset. Just about any BT headset works and I've gotten them as cheap as $2.97 at Sears. You can also find the Warhawk bundle at Target and some other stores for $29.99. It comes w/ the Jabra BT125 plus I've heard that is a good game and there is a CAG night.

bread's done
Back