- - - - -

CAGcast nominated for Screwattacks 'Gaming 1337'

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

http://www.screwattack.com/Vote#

Pretty cool that there is only three podcast nominated and the Cagcast was one of them. I voted :D
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3041#comments"][/URL]

#2 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

I voted for the CAGcast. :mrgreen:

I am surprised Ctrl+Alt+Del is a finalist for Best Gaming Comic. :-k

#3 DaftPunkFan37

DaftPunkFan37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2008 - 10:31 PM

Too bad Cheapy will lose to Mega64 Podcast

Oh, and for best reviewer please vote for Noah Antwiler (Spoony One) for Best Reviewer! He's absoultely hilarious and deserves to be well known!
the mau5 sounds like thisssssssss
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:45 AM

I voted for Mega64. Its in video and much more dynamic.

Posted Image

#5 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

I voted for the CAGcast. :mrgreen:

I am surprised Ctrl+Alt+Del is a finalist for Best Gaming Comic. :-k

yeah. I didnt even like that when it was good '-_-

#6 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

Voted for CAGcast, 360, Marcus & Fallout 3.

Left the others blank. I really don't understand how so many better games were left out of "Best Overall Game."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

next time you get nominated for something, I'll be sure not to vote for you, then go on your forum and tell you publicly :)

#8 Jicky Jacks

Jicky Jacks

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:34 PM

"Cagcast"??? Wasn't that a podcast at one time? I think I remember listening to it once upon a time. Whatever happen to that show, it was pretty good when it was on.

#9 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:35 PM

Those were the worst awards I have ever seen.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."

#10 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

Sure thing Mr.Cheapy D I'll vote for a old 30 year old guy that spends all his time in front of his Imac. And makes fake radio (lol)

#11 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:46 PM

BTW you can vote more than once I think. If you scroll down where you voted you can toggle the pages(so that means) you maybe can vote more than once a day?

#12 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

next time you get nominated for something, I'll be sure not to vote for you, then go on your forum and tell you publicly :)

Here you go
http://clarkek.com/forum/

Posted Image

#13 kPod

kPod

.hack//ADDICTION

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:16 PM

You know, the whole point of having a podcast is to, you know, record one every so often, with planned absences rather than these 'Oh we missed today, here's the excuse'.

How can I vote for the CAGCast when, at the moment, I don't believe it's the best podcast out of those three?

Posted Image

Posted Image

UK Gamer
and Proud of it!

#14 carpwrist

carpwrist

Übercharge Ready!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:21 PM

wow. lot of hatin' in this thread so far. Not all of it genuine, but damn, CheapyD and Wombat, you guys have some upset fans.

Either that or it's that time of the month again. :cold:
Saying you're really good at Borderlands is the equivalent to saying you suck at videogames.

That puts a genuine closed parenthesis at the end of my colon. :)

Posted Image

#15 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

I don't know why I am fueling this but, in the last four months we have missed 2 weeks of the past 15 weeks. I dont know about you but for a guy with full time job, a 2 hour commute and an infant, I am pretty damed impressed with our regularity. If you think my show isnt quality enough for you then don't vote, but lack of shows as a reason i just don't get.

#16 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

maybe if we had a CAGCAST every week it would make it easier for us to vote for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#17 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

I don't know why I am fueling this but, in the last four months we have missed 2 weeks of the past 15 weeks. I dont know about you but for a guy with full time job, a 2 hour commute and an infant, I am pretty damed impressed with our regularity. If you think my show isnt quality enough for you then don't vote, but lack of shows as a reason i just don't get.

voted for YOU.

to the CAGs, just remember that they got babies now. people need a break and it's the holidays. give them some breathing room. ;)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#18 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:52 PM

I voted...and voted

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#19 Funkofages

Funkofages

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

I don't think the point is the lack of shows, it's the timing at when the requests go out. If I recall correctly, both "notices" for podcast voting came during a week when no podcast was up. I can imagine for alot of people, it's tough to vote the Cagcast as best podcast when you're in the middle of showing why, in one area, you aren't the best podcast.

As for me, I'm going to abstain, because I feel all these internet votes are huge ad schemes, and I won't get roped into all that. Also, I don't care to listen to anyone else in the competition, regardless if they are cool for cats, or not.

#20 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

Awww.. yeah, you're right. We love ya Wombat (and that other guy, too), just breaks our hearts when we lurk around our iTunes or the front page Wednesday at 1am (or is that Tuesday, or Thursday?) and nothing shows up. Your 'slacking' has gotten me to listen to other podcasts, for which I'm very glad (Player One, Giant Bomb, Podtoid, 1Up Yours, on and on..)

Anyway, voted for ya and hope you kick some ass and win. But yeah, I honestly never know the full story, but if you guys can't record on a Tuesday night, do it Wednesday or whatever. Better late than never... but if that's not feasible and you wanna say "well, no sh*y man, that's what we want, duh!" while you're reading this, then I understand.

#21 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Yeah!!! you think it hard? Huh? Writing 3 blog posts every day and doing a fake radio show.Yeah Thats real hard:-#

#22 TiE23

TiE23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

Yeah!!! you think it hard? Huh? Writing 3 blog posts every day and doing a fake radio show.Yeah Thats real hard:-#

Hey now, to keep those blog posts up is an exercise in motivation and persistence, you try writing a paper a day on 'what you learned on video games today' and you'll see how tough it is.

#23 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

I like how the Cagcast is so inconsistant with releasing a show, than they beg for everyone to go vote for them. I would have wasted my time doing it if there was a Cagcast released within the past 14 days....

Also, Wombat if other podcasts are on a schedule and are releasing there shows on time it gives there audience respect. By passing the Cagcast off like who have been, its like a slap in the face to your loyal listners. So if you show no dedication to the fans, why will we show dedication to the Cagcast? If you think I'm crazy for saying this, just go to the Stern Fan Network and read some of those posts when he takes vacation, they are way more cruel than what others are saying.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#24 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

I like how the Cagcast is so inconsistant with releasing a show, than they beg for everyone to go vote for them. I would have wasted my time doing it if there was a Cagcast released within the past 14 days....

Also, Wombat if other podcasts are on a schedule and are releasing there shows on time it gives there audience respect. By passing the Cagcast off like who have been, its like a slap in the face to your loyal listners. So if you show no dedication to the fans, why will we show dedication to the Cagcast? If you think I'm crazy for saying this, just go to the Stern Fan Network and read some of those posts when he takes vacation, they are way more cruel than what others are saying.

So 14 days is ok, 15 is too much? I don't think you will find another show with more respect for its listeners. We are not "passing off the show". We even mentioned on the show 14 days ago that there would be no show last week due to holiday messes. I take it as a personal slap to say I don't care.

#25 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:15 PM

Wooh! front page!

But I'm sad that all these people are complaining. We love ya' Wombat ;)

#26 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

Don't listen to the haters/whiners, Wombat.

Voted.

#27 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hey now, to keep those blog posts up is an exercise in motivation and persistence, you try writing a paper a day on 'what you learned on video games today' and you'll see how tough it is.

I write 5 blog post every day for ign

#28 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

I write 5 blog post every day for ign

are they witty, humourous and well-written?

#29 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

"Cagcast"??? Wasn't that a podcast at one time? I think I remember listening to it once upon a time. Whatever happen to that show, it was pretty good when it was on.

gooollly it was one week. I'm sure some podcasts are taking off for the winder holiday. CAG missed one show I'm sure we'll all survive. After all you'll have a new show tomorrow.

http://www.screwattack.com/Vote#

Pretty cool that there is only three podcast nominated and the Cagcast was one of them. I voted :D

from what i gather they cut down the nominations to max 3 per category. So it's not like CAGcast was one of three nominated.. it's just one of the three MOST nominated.

that's part of the reason why i didn't vote of them. video podcasts tend to annoy me. I can't carry them with me and i can't do anything else while I'm listening.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#30 Chatetris

Chatetris

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

are they witty, humourous and well-written?

No nothing close