CAGcast nominated for Screwattacks 'Gaming 1337'

Too bad Cheapy will lose to Mega64 Podcast

Oh, and for best reviewer please vote for Noah Antwiler (Spoony One) for Best Reviewer! He's absoultely hilarious and deserves to be well known!

[quote name='Chase']I voted for the CAGcast. :mrgreen:

I am surprised Ctrl+Alt+Del is a finalist for Best Gaming Comic. :whistle2:k[/quote]

yeah. I didnt even like that when it was good '-_-

[quote name='Clarke']I voted for Mega64. Its in video and much more dynamic.[/QUOTE]

next time you get nominated for something, I'll be sure not to vote for you, then go on your forum and tell you publicly :)

"Cagcast"??? Wasn't that a podcast at one time? I think I remember listening to it once upon a time. Whatever happen to that show, it was pretty good when it was on.

Sure thing Mr.Cheapy D I'll vote for a old 30 year old guy that spends all his time in front of his Imac. And makes fake radio (lol)

BTW you can vote more than once I think. If you scroll down where you voted you can toggle the pages(so that means) you maybe can vote more than once a day?

You know, the whole point of having a podcast is to, you know, record one every so often, with planned absences rather than these 'Oh we missed today, here's the excuse'.

How can I vote for the CAGCast when, at the moment, I don't believe it's the best podcast out of those three?

wow. lot of hatin' in this thread so far. Not all of it genuine, but damn, CheapyD and Wombat, you guys have some upset fans.

Either that or it's that time of the month again. :cold:

I don't know why I am fueling this but, in the last four months we have missed 2 weeks of the past 15 weeks. I dont know about you but for a guy with full time job, a 2 hour commute and an infant, I am pretty damed impressed with our regularity. If you think my show isnt quality enough for you then don't vote, but lack of shows as a reason i just don't get.

maybe if we had a CAGCAST every week it would make it easier for us to vote for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Wombat']I don't know why I am fueling this but, in the last four months we have missed 2 weeks of the past 15 weeks. I dont know about you but for a guy with full time job, a 2 hour commute and an infant, I am pretty damed impressed with our regularity. If you think my show isnt quality enough for you then don't vote, but lack of shows as a reason i just don't get.[/quote]

voted for YOU.

to the CAGs, just remember that they got babies now. people need a break and it's the holidays. give them some breathing room. ;)

[quote name='Wombat']I don't know why I am fueling this but, in the last four months we have missed 2 weeks of the past 15 weeks. I dont know about you but for a guy with full time job, a 2 hour commute and an infant, I am pretty damed impressed with our regularity. If you think my show isnt quality enough for you then don't vote, but lack of shows as a reason i just don't get.[/quote]

I don't think the point is the lack of shows, it's the timing at when the requests go out. If I recall correctly, both "notices" for podcast voting came during a week when no podcast was up. I can imagine for alot of people, it's tough to vote the Cagcast as best podcast when you're in the middle of showing why, in one area, you aren't the best podcast.

As for me, I'm going to abstain, because I feel all these internet votes are huge ad schemes, and I won't get roped into all that. Also, I don't care to listen to anyone else in the competition, regardless if they are cool for cats, or not.

Awww.. yeah, you're right. We love ya Wombat (and that other guy, too), just breaks our hearts when we lurk around our iTunes or the front page Wednesday at 1am (or is that Tuesday, or Thursday?) and nothing shows up. Your 'slacking' has gotten me to listen to other podcasts, for which I'm very glad (Player One, Giant Bomb, Podtoid, 1Up Yours, on and on..)

Anyway, voted for ya and hope you kick some ass and win. But yeah, I honestly never know the full story, but if you guys can't record on a Tuesday night, do it Wednesday or whatever. Better late than never... but if that's not feasible and you wanna say "well, no sh*y man, that's what we want, duh!" while you're reading this, then I understand.

Yeah!!! you think it hard? Huh? Writing 3 blog posts every day and doing a fake radio show.Yeah Thats real hard:whistle2:#

[quote name='Chatetris']Yeah!!! you think it hard? Huh? Writing 3 blog posts every day and doing a fake radio show.Yeah Thats real hard:whistle2:#[/quote]Hey now, to keep those blog posts up is an exercise in motivation and persistence, you try writing a paper a day on 'what you learned on video games today' and you'll see how tough it is.

I like how the Cagcast is so inconsistant with releasing a show, than they beg for everyone to go vote for them. I would have wasted my time doing it if there was a Cagcast released within the past 14 days....

Also, Wombat if other podcasts are on a schedule and are releasing there shows on time it gives there audience respect. By passing the Cagcast off like who have been, its like a slap in the face to your loyal listners. So if you show no dedication to the fans, why will we show dedication to the Cagcast? If you think I'm crazy for saying this, just go to the Stern Fan Network and read some of those posts when he takes vacation, they are way more cruel than what others are saying.

[quote name='Davestation']I like how the Cagcast is so inconsistant with releasing a show, than they beg for everyone to go vote for them. I would have wasted my time doing it if there was a Cagcast released within the past 14 days....

Also, Wombat if other podcasts are on a schedule and are releasing there shows on time it gives there audience respect. By passing the Cagcast off like who have been, its like a slap in the face to your loyal listners. So if you show no dedication to the fans, why will we show dedication to the Cagcast? If you think I'm crazy for saying this, just go to the Stern Fan Network and read some of those posts when he takes vacation, they are way more cruel than what others are saying.[/QUOTE]

So 14 days is ok, 15 is too much? I don't think you will find another show with more respect for its listeners. We are not "passing off the show". We even mentioned on the show 14 days ago that there would be no show last week due to holiday messes. I take it as a personal slap to say I don't care.

[quote name='TiE23']Hey now, to keep those blog posts up is an exercise in motivation and persistence, you try writing a paper a day on 'what you learned on video games today' and you'll see how tough it is.[/quote]

I write 5 blog post every day for ign

[quote name='Jicky Jacks']"Cagcast"??? Wasn't that a podcast at one time? I think I remember listening to it once upon a time. Whatever happen to that show, it was pretty good when it was on.[/quote]gooollly it was one week. I'm sure some podcasts are taking off for the winder holiday. CAG missed one show I'm sure we'll all survive. After all you'll have a new show tomorrow.

[quote name='StinkyCheese']http://www.screwattack.com/Vote#

Pretty cool that there is only three podcast nominated and the Cagcast was one of them. I voted :D[/quote]from what i gather they cut down the nominations to max 3 per category. So it's not like CAGcast was one of three nominated.. it's just one of the three MOST nominated.

[quote name='Clarke']I voted for Mega64. Its in video and much more dynamic.[/quote]that's part of the reason why i didn't vote of them. video podcasts tend to annoy me. I can't carry them with me and i can't do anything else while I'm listening.

[quote name='Jicky Jacks']"Cagcast"??? Wasn't that a podcast at one time? I think I remember listening to it once upon a time. Whatever happen to that show, it was pretty good when it was on.[/quote]gooollly it was one week. I'm sure some podcasts are taking off for the winder holiday. CAG missed one show I'm sure we'll all survive. After all you'll have a new show tomorrow.

aww3ye.jpg

[quote name='Wombat']So 14 days is ok, 15 is too much? I don't think you will find another show with more respect for its listeners. We are not "passing off the show". We even mentioned on the show 14 days ago that there would be no show last week due to holiday messes. I take it as a personal slap to say I don't care.[/quote]

Settle down Wombat. I for one was just teasing with my comments. Whenever you got time to the show is fine by me. I know what it's like being a father (especially during the dark ages: 0-5) and having very little free time. That said, what's Cheapy's excuse? Does he actually DO anything during a typical day? What happen to all those blog posts he was promising us? It seems to me you sacrifice the most for this site and show and receive the least reward.

[quote name='bobthecat23']maybe if we had a CAGCAST every week it would make it easier for us to vote for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
QFT. I needs my fix every week damn it!

I voted for the Cagcast. I really like the show, that's why two weeks without it seems like a long time. Hopefully next year will go back to a regular schedule...

The thing I don't understand is that CAG is much bigger/better than Screwattack. It's like Obama campaigning to be the honorary mayor of Peoria.

This poll seems rather skewed, the options for best website are only IGN, Gametrailers, and Gamespot. What the hell is up with that?!? Seems like they really don't like 1up/the 1up Show, etc.

To all the haters: give Cheapy and Wombat a few weeks off for the holidays, Grinches.

the poll is a SA poll so they took nominations from SA fans and just choose the top three (where they could ) in each category. the lack of 1up love isn't reflective of screw attack the organization it's reflective of the screwattack fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wombat']So 14 days is ok, 15 is too much? I don't think you will find another show with more respect for its listeners. We are not "passing off the show". We even mentioned on the show 14 days ago that there would be no show last week due to holiday messes. I take it as a personal slap to say I don't care.[/QUOTE]

You guys are great -- I love the show! I do miss it when it is not on -- but, of course, completely understand that you have lots of responsibilities which take priority over the CAGcast...Happy Holidays Wombat to you and your family!

[quote name='Wombat']So 14 days is ok, 15 is too much? I don't think you will find another show with more respect for its listeners. We are not "passing off the show". We even mentioned on the show 14 days ago that there would be no show last week due to holiday messes. I take it as a personal slap to say I don't care.[/quote]

This was meant to be constructive critisism. You also mentioned on the show 14 days ago that you would have a show last week. You guys are horrible at keeping a schedule, but we have come to deal with it. You should not let people like myself get to you in this matter, you are way to sensitive about this. You also need to keep in mind that even if you had a non-interupted year next year and this happened again, people like me would just bring it up again in the future. We do that because it is in our nature to only remember the negative stuff.

In my book, if I say I am going to do something, I would follow through with it. I would not blame my work, commute or even my infant daughter for not getting things done. I would delay if need be and try to get my things done that I said I would get done. Look at it this way, if you did not pay your mortage on time there would be penalties from your bank, so you would follow through on your (promise to the bank) payment. There are no penalties for you guys if you put off the show.

Now the show asks us to donate to Childs Play and vote for it as the best podcast. Maybe if you guys had a continues show within the last couple of weeks, CAG could have surpassed the $30,000 goal by now. But doing the show when you feel like it and not promoting Childs Play is probably one factor why it is doing so bad now. Notice how much it jumped after Cheapy posted a blog on the front page? Well, if it was advertised consitantley on the show, it probably would have a bigger impact. Than again, I do not need to mention that to you since you do work at a marketing firm of some sort.

[quote name='Davestation']This was meant to be constructive critisism. You also mentioned on the show 14 days ago that you would have a show last week. You guys are horrible at keeping a schedule, but we have come to deal with it. You should not let people like myself get to you in this matter, you are way to sensitive about this. You also need to keep in mind that even if you had a non-interupted year next year and this happened again, people like me would just bring it up again in the future. We do that because it is in our nature to only remember the negative stuff.

In my book, if I say I am going to do something, I would follow through with it. I would not blame my work, commute or even my infant daughter for not getting things done. I would delay if need be and try to get my things done that I said I would get done. Look at it this way, if you did not pay your mortage on time there would be penalties from your bank, so you would follow through on your (promise to the bank) payment. There are no penalties for you guys if you put off the show.

Now the show asks us to donate to Childs Play and vote for it as the best podcast. Maybe if you guys had a continues show within the last couple of weeks, CAG could have surpassed the $30,000 goal by now. But doing the show when you feel like it and not promoting Childs Play is probably one factor why it is doing so bad now. Notice how much it jumped after Cheapy posted a blog on the front page? Well, if it was advertised consitantley on the show, it probably would have a bigger impact. Than again, I do not need to mention that to you since you do work at a marketing firm of some sort.[/QUOTE]

good points, I'll work on it

[quote name='Davestation']This was meant to be constructive critisism. You also mentioned on the show 14 days ago that you would have a show last week. You guys are horrible at keeping a schedule, but we have come to deal with it. You should not let people like myself get to you in this matter, you are way to sensitive about this. You also need to keep in mind that even if you had a non-interupted year next year and this happened again, people like me would just bring it up again in the future. We do that because it is in our nature to only remember the negative stuff.

Now the show asks us to donate to Childs Play and vote for it as the best podcast. Maybe if you guys had a continues show within the last couple of weeks, CAG could have surpassed the $30,000 goal by now. But doing the show when you feel like it and not promoting Childs Play is probably one factor why it is doing so bad now. Notice how much it jumped after Cheapy posted a blog on the front page? Well, if it was advertised consitantley on the show, it probably would have a bigger impact. Than again, I do not need to mention that to you since you do work at a marketing firm of some sort.[/quote]

Pretty true about the donation thing but you really should lighten up. He did say that he was going to be busy last week.

Agreed with the charity point: If you ran shows all the way through the month, the opportunity to press people constantly would've presented itself.

I know this point is moot now that there is a CAGCast out, but maybe the CAGcast itself needs to change. An hour and a half of pre-organised and improvised material isn't easily by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe if it was limited to an hour, or 45 minutes, it would be easier?

Now the show asks us to donate to Childs Play and vote for it as the best podcast. Maybe if you guys had a continues show within the last couple of weeks, CAG could have surpassed the $30,000 goal by now. But doing the show when you feel like it and not promoting Childs Play is probably one factor why it is doing so bad now. Notice how much it jumped after Cheapy posted a blog on the front page? Well, if it was advertised consitantley on the show, it probably would have a bigger impact. Than again, I do not need to mention that to you since you do work at a marketing firm of some sort.[/QUOTE]

Looks to me like the CHild's Play goal will be met

[quote name='StinkyCheese']meh. Mega64 won, sorry guys :whistle2:#[/quote]

I should check them out, I have yet to hear a podcast from them. I did vote for Cagcast though, oh well....

bread's done
Back