Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Year-End Sale w/Free Shipping - Soul Calibur IV (PS3), Ninja Gaiden 2 & more!

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#271 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

got my tna impact today. very surprised to see a gamefly game in great shape for once... only payed $7 for it too as i had some coupons stored in my account.

Ah-ha! So we did both get it the same day. That explains so much from XStalk Live yesterday. ;-)

All mine came in fine. Hulk was possessed and at first took over my XBox, but it appears to work fine.
-Michael

Posted Image

#272 SakBee

SakBee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

got my NBA Ballers for $8 something dollars shipped.... great condition.

#273 KRS

KRS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

What is Gamefly's policy for games that got badly damaged in shipping? I got a box with 4 games on it, and all the cases are shattered and the manuals and covers are torn. The discs themselves are ok, but it really looks like the box got run over by the UPS truck.

For the record, all of the other half dozen games I've ordered from them have been near mint.

#274 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:05 PM

What is Gamefly's policy for games that got badly damaged in shipping? I got a box with 4 games on it, and all the cases are shattered and the manuals and covers are torn. The discs themselves are ok, but it really looks like the box got run over by the UPS truck.

For the record, all of the other half dozen games I've ordered from them have been near mint.

They will send you a new case. Just contact them.

#275 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

I got my FF:CC game a few days ago. I would have posted that, but I got silenced! :rofl: :applause:

Great condition, too!
I'm pissed because I wanted two copies and I think I got the last one (or one of!!) :bomb:

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#276 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

Anyone else not have a game ship yet? My hulk order still says processing.

#277 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

My copy of Viking came this morning in great condition. 3 for 3 with 3 games coming.

The only concern I have is that Viking shipped on the 29th and is here already but WWE shipped on the 27th and isn't. Live 08 is and that shipped on the 26th so I'm just going to have to wait and see.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#278 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Got 4 of my 5 games today. Timeshift, Conan, Unreal III, and Dynasty Warriors 6. All in near perfect condition some very small scratches on the disk. Batting 100% on my games from them. I have ordered about 20-25 games from them total and all of them have been in great condition and received within a week

Edit: Also would like to add that my 4 games where shipped in one box via FedEx which is the fist time this has happened. Even when ordering multiple games one right after another. The normally just come regular mail in nilla envelopes

Edited by Yenos, 02 January 2009 - 09:43 PM.
adding too

#279 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:04 PM

Anyone else not have a game ship yet? My hulk order still says processing.

My copy of Harvey Birdman is still doing that as-well. If they don't ship it by Friday, I'll e-mail them about it.

Also, Ninja Gaiden II came back in-stock for a few minutes today, so I ordered myself a copy of that. I didn't enjoy it that much as a rental, but for $15, why not?

Posted Image

#280 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

out of 6 games i got 4 of them so far in very good to mint condition. Couple of them looked like they weren't even touched.

Turok (near mint)
Medal of Honor Airborne (near mint)
Clive Barker's Jericho (very good)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (very good)

#281 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

My copy of DMC4 and Transformers look like a brilo pad was taken to them. Ironman was fine.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#282 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

UT3 looked great, only a few smudges here and there. Case had a few cracks but that's likely due to shipping.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#283 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

NG2 needs to come back in stock. Fuck

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#284 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

NG2 needs to come back in stock. Fuck

If you have an actual Gamefly subscription, you can just rent out Ninja Gaiden II, and just buy it via "Keep It" for the same price it was on-sale for ($14.99).

Posted Image

#285 jrhawk42

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

If you have an actual Gamefly subscription, you can just rent out Ninja Gaiden II, and just buy it via "Keep It" for the same price it was on-sale for ($14.99).

Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?

I also suggest installing any game you get to your 360 hard drive when you first get it. This will check the entire disc for read errors. NG2 looked almost perfect but wouldn't install on my 360 hence somewhere in the game I'm going to get DD error.
Posted Image

#286 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

I got my copy of Hulk today for PS3. It was in mint condition but the game sucks IMO.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#287 jello44

jello44

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?.

I think if you do it that way, they send you the case in the mail.

#288 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?

they send both box/manual. It takes about a week to receive them. I've always gotten mine in great condition.

#289 nekobi

nekobi

Spicy Wolf!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:58 AM

Just a heads up for all you RPG fans out there- I recently ordered 'Growlanser: Heritage of War' from gamefly and I recieved it today. It came packaged in a box, which I thought was pretty weird since usually they just use bubble mailers but I opened it up and to my surprise, collector's edition with all the goodies intact and in perfect shape! ^^ So if any of you were thinking about buying a copy from them, chances are you'll get the whole collector's edition for an awesome price. :D

#290 toneroni

toneroni

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

wow, checked today after not checking for weeks. 100+ 360 games turned to like 15. Guess people received 360s as gifts. Most of the other consoles were cleaned out as well.

Currently Playing: Ultimate MvC3, USF4  :ps3:  Persona 3: FES  :ps2:   Hot Shots Golf :vita:  SMT1, Marvel Puzzle Quest

Best Gaming Memories: Super SF2 and Killer Instinct on X-Band for SNES (online play w/little lag in the 90s!), FF4+6, SF2 (arcade), MVC2 (DC), Goldeneye + Perfect Dark (N64), Starcraft Broodwars
Too many games in my backlog...not enough time!

#291 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Still have not received my copy of Birdman, and it's still listed as "Buy-It Processing", even though it was ordered on Dec. 23rd. I just sent them an e-mail, I know someone else had the same problem (with a different game), so I'll update you on what happens once I get a response.

Posted Image

#292 fakero

fakero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:42 PM

Still have not received my copy of Birdman, and it's still listed as "Buy-It Processing", even though it was ordered on Dec. 23rd. I just sent them an e-mail, I know someone else had the same problem (with a different game), so I'll update you on what happens once I get a response.

I'm having the same problem with Lost:Via Domus. I e-mailed them Friday and just got a response back...

Spoiler

So my 2 options are to keep waiting for who knows how long or get a refund. I'll probably wait a few days before asking for a refund, since I haven't seen the game this cheap anywhere else.

card.png

#293 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

Yesterday I received Viking and it had some smudges and light scratches on it which all came out. It also has two tiny dents on the side of the disc but they are so small I'm hoping it doesn't affect anything. I'll post again if they do though.

Today I received my final two games The Club and Hulk. Both discs were loose in the cases which worried me when I first picked up my mail. The Club is mint but Hulk has a lot of scratches which won't come out but nothing huge that looks like it will make the game not work. So as far as Gamefly is concerned I'd say I'm 6 for 6 with only 1 game that has light scratches that didn't buff out.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#294 MSTRKRFT

MSTRKRFT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

Got DMC4 and NG2 and both are in what look mint condition. The NG2 disc seems to have either a chip or deformity on the outer edge of the disc but hardly notcible.

Good deal other than BB will have NG2 for $9.99. O well.

#295 PolRBear

PolRBear

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:20 AM

Just checked the PS3 section, and it looks like they're pretty much wiped out with the exception of the following:

MLB 08: The Show - $21.99
NBA 2K8 - $9.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - $17.99
Hi

#296 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

I was the person with the same problem. They told me it was because they didn't have the case and manual at that shipping center so it was being shipped to them. They've since shipped it out.

#297 sobishop

sobishop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

I also suggest installing any game you get to your 360 hard drive when you first get it. This will check the entire disc for read errors. NG2 looked almost perfect but wouldn't install on my 360 hence somewhere in the game I'm going to get DD error.

This is not 100% accurate. I have a brand new copy of BIA: Hell's Highway for 360 which gets read errors all the time. I installed it to the hard drive and haven't had a problem ever since. It is probably rare that the actual disc causes the read error. You can thank Microsoft's fine engineering department.

#298 rhewes

rhewes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

I got my copy of Lair yesterday and its in great shape. 4 out of 4 in nearly new condition. I would definitely buy from them again next time there's a fire sale like that.

#299 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

Awesome - ordered Growlanser Heritage of War when it dropped to $20 and it came with all the extras. Disc is in excellent condition as well. That's great to know that they do send the complete package when games comes bundled with extra goodies.

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png