Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Year-End Sale w/Free Shipping - Soul Calibur IV (PS3), Ninja Gaiden 2 & more!

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#31 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:05 PM

Lots of cheapass games and prices. I'm gonna pass and hope for more additions. Almost grabbed DMC4 for $13 but I beat the PS3 version when it was first released.

#32 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

Cool, I picked up Lair... tempted by one or two others, but I may wait, as historically, prices get cheaper the longer this sale goes on.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#33 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

Disappointed this year, just about all the cheap games are ones not really worth playing. Viking Battle for Asgard wasn't too bad though, was worth a rental at the time. Civ Revolution is still pretty high at $33.99.

#34 bigwoof

bigwoof

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

i would definately bite on some of those except for the fact that i have some 600 hours of gaming ahead of me that would not permit me to touch these games

#35 maiku

maiku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

Went with Blast Works for $7.99. Reviews seemed decent enough.

#36 looploop

looploop

Camera-shy Supernova

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

Bit on Ninja Gaiden 2. I've been waiting for a good copy for 15-ish. Thanks OP!
I've ordered from Gamefly many times and have yet to receive a game in poor condition. Hopefully this continues.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#37 gatorbait68

gatorbait68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:24 PM

Man, some of these are real tempting. There have been a lot of games on sale over the past weeks and I'm trying my best to hold off because I have a good amount of games waiting for me for Christmas. I'll probably end up picking up a few before the day is over.

#38 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

Every thread Shrike poops on Gamefly.

Ive bought over 15+ games from Gamefly in the past and ALL have been in mint condition.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."

#39 Jauron

Jauron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

For 360 there are around 42 games $10 or less, a few worth looking at. I picked up a few myself. Thanks OP.

#40 Skelix

Skelix

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:35 PM

I've never received a game in poor condition, but I've never received a mint one either.

Maybe my standards are too high, but I also understand I'm getting a "rented" item. So it doesn't bother me, if its too bad I'll risk resurfacing it.

#41 Link127

Link127

Dad gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

Ive bought over 15+ games from Gamefly in the past and ALL have been in mint condition.

thats good you haven't had problems with them, but there are those of us who have had issues with GF. i ordered 4 games on black friday, most discs were okay, but one looked like someone took a brillo pad to it. i am awaiting gamefly's response.

689866.png

#42 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

I've order over 7 games and all of them came scratched up and in bad shape. My meaning of Mint = Basically brand new no scratches what so ever. When you guys say they are mint condition, you must be super lucky or your meaning of mint is way off compared to what most people would go by.

#43 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

I had two bad experiences with them, where I had every single disc look like sandpaper with a side of ass rolled around on rocky tar roads, yes. It was 15+ games, and they all needed resurfacing. They didn't have replacements, nor would they give me refunds without sending the games back to them.

And as I stated before, I was one of a few unlucky ones who received crappy-looking discs. There's plenty more people that get good, mint or better than mint discs to balance out my bad luck.

Don't make me out to be the lone CAG who gets bad discs, because I'm not. I managed to get two bad batches, yes, that's been well-established in the past.

I'm glad you had no issues with them, and I'm sure, far more times than not, other CAGs will have the same good luck with them.

#44 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

There are alot more than shown on just the http://www.Gamefly.com/sale page I almost missed alot of them. Be sure to click all less than $10 etc etc.

Kane & Lynch is back at $9.99 and more.

42 360 games under $10

44 PS3 games under $15

52 Wii games under $15

#45 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

In for Lost...for $8 I just can't resist. I'm a huge lost fan, I know the game is short and not that awesome, but I hear it's an easy 1000 achievements and a decent story.

Edit: ahh hell in for Conan as well, I actually liked the demo. Damnit, I bit on Lair too...backlog...so....fucking....huuuuuuge. All of these sales are really starting to kill me. I can't wait until after Christmas when everyone goes back into non-sale mode....

Edited by charlescheese, 24 December 2008 - 02:12 AM.

#46 FunkyDoRight

FunkyDoRight

DudlyDoRight w/ funk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

$10 is about the most I'd pay for Hulk... tempting at that price.

Yeah, it is worth that. I paid 20 for it at a flea market and felt I got my money's worth out of it. Ill warn you though it gets repetitive. Plus I got 14 back in trade which made it extremely worth it.

#47 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Awesome, in for Ninja Gaiden 2 and DMC 4. A little under $30 for both shipped.

logo.png

#48 Nostalgic Wind

Nostalgic Wind

Capcom Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

I ordered Turok, Army of Two, and Frontlines from Gamefly during their respective sales days and all arrived in pretty good condition I'd say. So I'm one of the lucky ones.

Will likely bite on Ninja Gaiden 2 and Jericho.

#49 MOTORCITY_MADMAN

MOTORCITY_MADMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

thanks m8 picked up deadliest catch for 10 bucks :applause:

#50 FunkyDoRight

FunkyDoRight

DudlyDoRight w/ funk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

Picked up:
Kane and Lynch
The Club
NFS Prostreet
Dark sector
Condemned 2

Thanks OP

#51 genfuyung

genfuyung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

tempted to get soul caliber 4 ps3 and viking on the 360. Viking is only 9 bucks for me.

Anyone know of a way to use 2 gamefly coupons at once? If I cant then Im just going to place separate orders for viking and hulk.

Edited by genfuyung, 23 December 2008 - 08:26 PM.

#52 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

Some good deals here, WOW, if I didn't have most of these (at least the one I want), I would be jumping on a lot of games.

Lair seems the best deal by far!!!. Excellent game, control are good, never saw any problem other people ever saw. (maybe dragons like me, LOL)

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#53 apokalipze2

apokalipze2

piledriving that azz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

Ordered UTIII, thanks op

#54 junglalien

junglalien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:58 PM

I just picked up 11 PS3 games for less than the cost of 2 "new" releases.... The only sports game I grabbed was Fifa Street 3.

#55 jrrab

jrrab

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

Yeh put me down for a shitload of games NG2, IronMan, Hulk, Blacksite, Kingdom Under Fire and Blazing Angels 2. Do I need them? Nope. Do I really want them? Nope Why did I buy them cause they are Cheap!
Posted Image

#56 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:10 PM

Grabbed a few games missing for my collection. Wish OVER G FIGHTERS would drop...
-Michael

Posted Image

#57 xsuicidesn0wmanx

xsuicidesn0wmanx

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

So far I've gotten Alone in the Dark, and Stranglehold from them, both were perfect and appeared untouched. I'll probably pick up 8 or 9 games depending on how much xmas money i get on thursday :D

#58 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Picked up:

:ps3:Lair - $12.99
:ds:Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $12.99
:wii:Baroque - $7.99

Not bad for $34, and i already own a disc only lair that i got for $5 but since im a tad anal i really wanted the case and manual for it since the kid i bough tit from couldnt find them.

I hope i get better luck this time, everygame ive recevied so far always appears to be resurfaced or pretty beat up, they have all played but still a bit saddening since I everything i own i keep pristine.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#59 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

I might take a chance with this deal.

#60 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Ordered UTIII ($9.99), and Harvey Birdman on the Wii ($4.99).

I might pick up some other cheap titles too, not sure right now though.

Edit: Also went ahead and ordered Viking: Battle for Asgard ($9.99), and TNA Impact! (yes, I enjoy this game, just not the product.. $12.99).

I'm scouring to see if there's anything else worth $10, I'm thinking of Hulk, since I rented it, and although atrocious, it started to get better right before I returned it.

Edited by LegendK7ll3r, 23 December 2008 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image