CAGcast #144: Mushroom Clouded Minds

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:18 AM

Shipwreck jumps aboard to join Wombat and Cheapy for discussions on LittleBigPlanet, Fable II, Sonic Unleashed, the latest shopping and industry news, new releases, your questions from the CAGbag and much more!

Get a free trial of Netflix and support the CAGcast:
www.netflix.com/cagcast

Download - 100 minutes, 40MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Photos & Video:

-

Edited by CheapyD, 24 December 2008 - 06:17 AM.

#2 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:09 AM

whoot

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#3 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:24 AM

yes! Yes! YES!!!!!!! Perfect podcast for the last day at the office!

#4 RandyTsai

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:32 AM

finally after refreshing every minute for the last 4 days, there is a new cagcast.

Posted Image

#5 Sentience

Sentience

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:33 AM

Nice timing. Perfect for the skeleton shift.

#6 akravator

akravator

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:36 AM

Cheapy, Wombat, Shipwreck, thanks to you all! (Mrs. Shipwreck too!)

I've got my fingers crossed on the Child's Play Charity goal! I just donated today (and it seems many others only got around to doing it in the past day or two).

Happy holidays everyone~

#7 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:14 AM

I believe that special GameStop you were talking about was one of the rare tournament specialty locations where competitive gaming tournaments were held. I'm really hoping that all GS locations will adopt the new look, as pretty much all of them still have that tiny, rectangular, old gray design that while making GameStops very recognizable is still very outdated.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

Thank you all for the best present you could have given; a fresh podcast!

#9 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:58 AM

great podcast this week also when wombat was talking about a 16 year old buying a ps3 with a m rated game im sure if he walked into a gamestop the employee would be more than happy to sell him the system without a second thought.

#10 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

Cheapy, I enjoy LittleBigPlanet a lot and not because of the aspect of creating levels. Part of the fun to me at least is the spectacle of the whole thing. Taking a time out every once in a while to see what the creators (Individual players and Media Molecule) put forth with the tools given to us. I may not make something amazing but I immensely enjoy seeing what talented creators put forth, which you see in both the story mode and community aspect of the game.

Oh, and one more thing. I think you should have someone else look up Nintendo news for the CAGcast because it doesn't seem like Cheapy tries to look for Nintendo news anymore. How is Club Nintendo hitting NA (albeit poorly) not mentioned in the CAGcast? Laziness I say.

Edited by KingBroly, 24 December 2008 - 01:20 PM.

Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#11 muncle

muncle

Proud Filipino!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:45 AM

christmas came early! thanks for the new episode!
Gamertag : Plus Forty Four
Posted Image

#12 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

Good show. I don't like shipwreck's show but he was a great addition to this show. I'm not sure if I'd like him to be permanent because I also like just wombat and cheapy. I'm so torn!

#13 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

Wombat is absolutely right about his bundle theory. My brother who is 30 years old and at least 10 years removed from gaming picked up that exact bundle for his family for Christmas. The console, Mario Kart, and Wii Play for his son and Wii Fit for his wife. Nintendo might as well make that a "Family Bundle", though its possibly Costco may have done so already.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 geminas01

geminas01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:25 AM

Have a question for Wombat/Cheapy/Shipwreck...with all the LittleBigPlanet bashing (3-4 episodes in-a-row? I mean is it necessary to bring it up every episode talking about the very same thing?), I gotta wonder...

do you guys play LBP by yourselves? I always play with at least 3 other people (locally, not online) and its always been a blast...way better than other "party" games like Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero, which gets old pretty much after you sing through 50% of the songs.

And I refuse to play LBP by myself ... I think I would have experienced it when different if I just blew past each level.

#15 jsupetran

jsupetran

Posted 24 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

okay, i've been listening to the cagcast since episode one... So each week I look forward to the show due to its irreverent humor.

There is a reason why I don't listen to the cagforeplay show. The third addition killed the wombat-cheapy dynamic. :roll: PLEASE NO SHIPWRECK. Seems like a nice guy but I like the two man team as wombats jokes were stiffled but the third guy.

#16 Bahjey

Bahjey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:42 PM

Nice. I thought I wasn't going to have a cagcast to listen to on the plane today!

#17 steverl22

steverl22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

Good show, i'm looking forward to the day when you guys shut the hell up about LBP....it's getting out of hand.

#18 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:08 PM

Wombat must die for singing Last Christmas. I hate that song! I worked at a store for 8 years and the owner would only play that song as Christmas music from November 1st to January 1st.

Arrrrrrgh!

Seriously, though great show. Nice to have Ship on too.

Edited by oscargrouch, 24 December 2008 - 03:39 PM.

#19 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 03:51 PM

wombat hates LBP and transitions into how much he likes Tomb Raider. and Shipwreck likes the werehog and calls LBP a "bad game". man, you guys love smelling your own farts. btw the only way anyone is seeing wombats mushroom man is with a microscope.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#20 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Little Big Planet's creation tools are similar to the amazing graphics of other games. The awesome tools for creating the levels are there but that pretty much doesn't matter if no one wants to actually play the game because of lackluster gameplay.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

About DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#22 joem5815

joem5815

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

Hey Cheapy, I started playing a lot more Fable II myself. I just have one problem that's been bothering me and I'm wondering if you, Wombat, or Shipwreck have/had this problem: the controls feel a little unresponsive.

In the first Fable, if you moved the stick in a direction, you instantly moved in that direction. The controls were tight, making it easy to navigate narrow walkways and paths. When I picked up Fable II, I often found myself walking into walls and other obstacles at first because if you point the stick in a direction the character isn't already facing, he/she takes a second to re-orient themselves before walking. Even when running straight, if I need to dodge a small rock on the ground, I have to point the character around the rock about a half-second or so ahead of time if I want to keep going without missing a beat.

Other than that, the game is great so far. The art, atmosphere, story, it's all great. Just wish they kept the tighter, more responsive (if less realistic) controls from the first game.

#23 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Stop Talking about Saints Row 2. We get that you suck the games dick, now stop talking about it.
No its not better then Crackdown.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."

#24 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

A bit harsh on LBP, it still remains one of my favorite titles to play with friends and to find new and exciting ways to kill my Sackboy making traps or checking out other player's levels. I can't wait to check out the new Metal Gear Level content for the game.

#25 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:20 PM

Uncharted is a T.
EDIT: JUST HEARD IT.

"It’s so much easier for kids to jerk off than it used to be. When I was young, you had to find the Sears catalog, flip to the lingerie section… Now, with the Internet, I just turn on my computer, get online and go right to sears.com."

#26 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

You both mentioned how much you love Fable II's 'offline interest' system. How it's a rarely done thing in gaming and how it actually motivates you to get back in the game and see how much you've accrued. I think a major game you're forgetting that also does this is The World Ends With You. I know the chances of getting you guys to play a traditional RPG is pretty slim but that game does an excellent job of scaling the difficulty so it's as easy or hard as you want at any time and you gain experience points for not playing so even when you get sick of it when you come back to it you're skills are stronger than when you left. It went thru one price drop already and if it has another one I would highly suggest it for you.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#27 FloodsAreUponUS

FloodsAreUponUS

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

If you take away the controls of RE5 then you completely kill what makes RE tense and scary.

Too Human better then LBP?

I don't think I am ever going to listen to this again.

#28 weevles

weevles

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

Whew, I was starting to think cagcasts were over until next year. Thanks for the menage o three this week!

Agreed on LBP in the sense that the game is over-hyped. I wouldn't say it isn't fun, but I would say that the game is only fun in spurts and that it only has limited appeal. Clearly the level designing is the crux of this game, while the actual "game" is merely passable.

Good discussion on Sony and PS3--I agree that Sony is out of touch on the bundles and that they are really in a corner on the price. If Sony could do a $250-300 system w/family friendly game, they'd be doing better than they are now. I guess since they cannot financially, they are stuck trying to appeal to whatever hardcore/gamer market they perceive is left. I do think they they should've pushed Uncharted (summer movie-style) again if they were going to do the bundle with that game.

Edited by gunm, 24 December 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#29 TheEyecon

TheEyecon

Red Sox Pride!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck in one CAGcast equals some serious nerdiness. Yeah I thought we'll have a new CAGcast 'till next year.
Happy Hollidays everyone!

Edited by TheEyecon, 24 December 2008 - 06:51 PM.
posted it before I wanted to.

Posted Image

#30 Jazar

Jazar

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Cheapy, I enjoy LittleBigPlanet a lot and not because of the aspect of creating levels. Part of the fun to me at least is the spectacle of the whole thing. Taking a time out every once in a while to see what the creators (Individual players and Media Molecule) put forth with the tools given to us. I may not make something amazing but I immensely enjoy seeing what talented creators put forth, which you see in both the story mode and community aspect of the game.

Same here. I don't create anything but the game has limitless content. You can check the top levels every week and find another fun level to play in. Also when you add multi-player to the mix it becomes 10x more enjoyable. You do not need to create levels to have fun in the game.

Honestly though unless you guys change your mind about LBP don't ever mention it again.