GoGamer Green Friday Madness Going On Now

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Treythalomew

Treythalomew

Add me on PSN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

Got Eternal Sonata and considered Fracture but I passed on it when it was 15 at Play Asia so I think I'll hold off now too.

I've only played one xbox 360 JRPG and it was a rented Lost Odyssey. I liked it but it was starting to get boring fast, hopefully this one will keep my entertainment a little bit longer.
Posted Image

#32 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:57 PM

Got Eternal Sonata and considered Fracture but I passed on it when it was 15 at Play Asia so I think I'll hold off now too.

I've only played one xbox 360 JRPG and it was a rented Lost Odyssey. I liked it but it was starting to get boring fast, hopefully this one will keep my entertainment a little bit longer.

The one thing I absolutely loved about Eternal Sonata was that the combat system would evolve and become more difficult as the game went on. Instead of having the same old battles with tougher enemies for the entire game, you would have to adapt your play style to keep up with the changes. I'll probably pick up a second copy to give to someone since this is too good a price to resist.

#33 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

arg, i have like $30 worth of games in my cart... would like to see what else is coming...

#34 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

Wow, was Castle of Shikigami actually in stock? I figured I would just pick up that and Eternal Sonata and try to sit this sale out, but when I went to go add it to my cart it was out of stock. Lame.

#35 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Eternal Sonta(Xbox 360) 9.90 http://www.gogamer.c...4VVviewprod.htm

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#36 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Wow, was Castle of Shikigami actually in stock? I figured I would just pick up that and Eternal Sonata and try to sit this sale out, but when I went to go add it to my cart it was out of stock. Lame.

I ordered one, but that was like hours ago.

considering this game rare to find at a good price... no wonder it went fast.

#37 malio

malio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

Looks like some deals have already gone live. I ordered this when I saw it. And it has the madness countdown clock on its page:

Eternal Sonata Xbox 360 $9.90

http://www.gogamer.c...4VVviewprod.htm

Sick price for that! Man, I'm never going to complete all these games I'm getting. :bomb::bomb:

#38 ericsmithrocks

ericsmithrocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:09 PM

Picked up Eternal Sonata, thanks for the tip guys. I've been wanting this game for a while!

#39 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:10 PM

Been waiting for a cheap way to get Eternal Sonata, I loved the demo, so i am looking forward to finally playing this. Thanks a lot for the post!
Posted Image

#40 Nikadimas

Nikadimas

Freelance Police

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

I ordered one, but that was like hours ago.

considering this game rare to find at a good price... no wonder it went fast.

It's only $20 retail though. I could go pick it up used for $13 with the B2G1 Gamestop is having (which I may try to do) or just buy it new for $7 more.

#41 Birakon

Birakon

Jack's smirking revenge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:14 PM

bah, i don't want to take the chance of it going OOS before everything else goes on sale......ordered it, just wish I wouldn't have waited so long on the Wii RPG, I had it in my cart when it went OOS
Posted Image
Posted Image
sig and avy by EA (of TGN)

#42 ericsmithrocks

ericsmithrocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

Ah, Far Cry 2 is $37.90. If I didn't already have this, I'd probably pick it up.

http://www.gogamer.c...6VVviewprod.htm

#43 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:16 PM

bah, i don't want to take the chance of it going OOS before everything else goes on sale......ordered it, just wish I wouldn't have waited so long on the Wii RPG, I had it in my cart when it went OOS

CS3 is a shooter.

#44 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

It's only $20 retail though. I could go pick it up used for $13 with the B2G1 Gamestop is having (which I may try to do) or just buy it new for $7 more.

20? where?

maybe been looking at the wrong locations, but it was 13 at go gamer...

yeah out of stock... sucks, probably didn't have alot.

#45 Birakon

Birakon

Jack's smirking revenge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:18 PM

CS3 is a shooter.

whatever it is =P my cousin asked me to look for it, I should have grabbed it, but wanted to save on shipping >.<
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

whatever it is =P my cousin asked me to look for it, I should have grabbed it, but wanted to save on shipping >.<

I was able to order it by leaving it my cart.

If you idle around too long, then the cart gets emptied out. I took my time to find a few other games, and I was able to put my order through, even though, the product was OOS.

#47 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:34 PM

I was able to order it by leaving it my cart.

If you idle around too long, then the cart gets emptied out. I took my time to find a few other games, and I was able to put my order through, even though, the product was OOS.

wonder if it will go backordered...

I have a cart full too, just waiting for more announcements.

Green Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gogamer.c...67VVviewcat.htm

#48 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

wonder if it will go backordered...

I have a cart full too, just waiting for more announcements.

Green Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gogamer.c...67VVviewcat.htm

Well, I just tried it. Maybe it will work. :)

If they cancel my order, then I will post my results here.

To be safe, you may want to order earlier. Otherwise, make sure to keep refreshing or moving around on the site. You don't want your cart emptied out by their system.

If it's OOS, I don't care. For quite some time, I had other things I wanted to buy from there. ES for 360 and CS3 for Wii were just bonuses. Although, I picked up Lego Batman for PSP too. :)

#49 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:58 PM

Well, I just tried it. Maybe it will work. :)

If they cancel my order, then I will post my results here.

To be safe, you may want to order earlier. Otherwise, make sure to keep refreshing or moving around on the site. You don't want your cart emptied out by their system.

If it's OOS, I don't care. For quite some time, I had other things I wanted to buy from there. ES for 360 and CS3 for Wii were just bonuses. Although, I picked up Lego Batman for PSP too. :)

ordered, 31 with 9 shipping

grabbed like 8 titles all under 8

wow

#50 nervousxtian

nervousxtian

proofisindeepudding

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

Wow, a whole lot of crapola, not a lot of substance.

#51 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:21 PM

Wow, a whole lot of crapola, not a lot of substance.

I agree. Eternal Sonata is tempting, but its not much more on Amazon anyways. Maybe another day.

#52 fatez

fatez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

eternal sonata is backordered... now thats a load of crap.

#53 CappyCobra

CappyCobra

^^vv<><>BA START

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:03 PM

eternal sonata is backordered... now thats a load of crap.

I feel ya. They musta sold out in 1.2 microseconds as I just got the email and clicked for the OOS message :(
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

I feel ya. They musta sold out in 1.2 microseconds as I just got the email and clicked for the OOS message :(

they actually had the price up since 8am... people have been buying it out.

so the email is a bit late.

#55 Birakon

Birakon

Jack's smirking revenge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

gay, they sent me an email saying my order (eternal sonata) is backordered and MAY ship within 30 days, and they already CHARGED me for it? what?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

^ screw that.

#57 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:24 PM

gay, they sent me an email saying my order (eternal sonata) is backordered and MAY ship within 30 days, and they already CHARGED me for it? what?

probably because they didn't switch it to out of stock.

I had something backordered and it arrived 2 days later...

I don't think they charged you but placed an authorization, which will clear in a day or two.. and will actually charge when shipped.

#58 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

Are some of these 360 games the PAL versions? Today I received a copy from a trade on another site and it was the AU version which only lists PAL. He said he got it from GoGamer. Or with the NXE update do US 360's read PAL discs?

#59 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:10 AM

thanks op i picked up turning point fall of liberty $6.98 shipped.

#60 GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com - Jason

GoGamer.com Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

Sometimes a product sells out and orders keep coming as the system trys to remove the item. Those get backordered. Backorders happen in retail sometimes. Sonata took off like a rocket and we sold out fast. Don't worry, if we cannot get you the item your money will be returned as soon as possible.

As far as games go that say PAL on them. Don't worry. They work. If they don't let me know.

We've had a very successful Xmas season thanks in part to the folks at CAG. Thanks for the support guys.

And when this sale ends on Monday that will conclude our Black Friday, White Friday, Red Friday, Last Minute Madness and Green Friday specials.

We anticipate no more color coded Friday specials until next year. The colors were chosen due to there Christmas colors and to spoof the media's fascination with the term Black Friday. Our idea of a joke. :-)

I hope everone is having a great Holiday Season!

Jason