Blue Dragon $12.99 (Xbox 360) Shipped @ Newegg.com

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 charlescheese

charlescheese

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

Because I paid $50 for it and I have an achievement addiction.

Bottom line is, the game sucks, and sucks bad. I have no reason to lie about it. There was never a moment when I thought it had picked up or had become "more fun". But then again, that's just my opinion and obviously some people will find this game extremely enjoyable.

But they would be wrong.

I can understand that, but at the same time, I'll only go for achievements if the time they take to get is reasonable, and I enjoy the game I'm playing. To each his own though.

#32 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:55 PM

Anyone who likes JRPG's at all and doesnt own this Fails at being a JRPG gamer.

Such an amazing Old school RPG.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#33 1trueshad0w

1trueshad0w

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG

No, I usually love them but..
-the main character said "I won't give up" waaay too much
-costumes were very familiar
-dialogue was lame
-story was lame (shark attacks my hometown, we go after it, end up in some evil guy's plane, eat glowing orbs, then i'm not sure what the point is after we crash)
-characters were bland
-same old combat; the class system didn't help

EDIT:
Oh and the characters (who were supposed to be 16 I think) looked like they were 9

#34 robpe36

robpe36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

well I noticed it's actually sold out, but you can pick up Blue Dragon at amazon for 14.99 now. I just ordered that along with Fable 2 for $60 total.

#35 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

I also enjoyed this game, for the price it is worth picking up

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#36 rifle21

rifle21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:46 AM

I really thoroughly enjoyed this game. The characters are kinda cheesy but in a good way. Anyone who doesn't like MaruMaru gets a punch in the face. For those of you calling the story dumb, just keeping playing until you get to Jibral. It really takes off from there and it'll go by in a flash (8-12 hours in.)

For the Achievement Whores out there:

Achievement Unlocked: You'll never get laid.
50,000 points.

#37 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

I've hated JRPGs all my life. Despised them. I've really been enjoying Blue Dragon though. I'm part way through disc 2/3 and haven't gotten bored. I love the fact that you can see an enemy and elect to take them on or not. I hate the JRPGs where you're just walking along then all of a sudden a frickin battle happens and you have no real way of preventing it.

I got Blue Dragon for $9.99 from Fred Meyer when they were clearancing several games. For $20 or less, this is a must-own in my opinion. I never thought I'd see myself post something positive regarding a JRPG. Next thing you know we'll have a black guy as President!

#38 darlin26

darlin26

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:10 AM

wow 10% Posted Image, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG

Same. But to each his own I guess. Not everyone enjoys the same type of games. What's stupid to one person may be fun to another.

#39 Dr. Pizza

Dr. Pizza

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:30 AM

I love JRPGs, i seriously have not ran into one that i know of where i actually HATED the game.

Infact the only RPG i ever played that i didnt like was Shadow Madness *and im talking about with RPG's in general*

Now Kindgom Hearts i dont think are RPG's, are they? i mean they are but there action adventure type like Zelda. and i never cared for either series. *I KNOW, WTF right?*

I wish i would of got this game. oh well

#40 Xfactor19990

Xfactor19990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:47 AM

on a side note if you have a gamecrazy in your area this game at mine was 9.99 and b1g1 free

#41 dragaron

dragaron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:17 AM

I personally loved this game, and I think it is a steal at this price. That being said, I was already aware of what kind of RPG it was before I bought and played it. There is a lot of level grinding and cheesy dialog to get through, but I still enjoyed it immensely. The storyline gets better over time, and the first disc does drag on a bit. Get past the first disc, and things get much more interesting. The boss battles are very entertaining, but this is just my opinion.
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)

#42 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

That's a great deal for how many hours of gameplay you get with this game. Whether that gameplay is worth playing is relative to how much you love JRPGs, from what I understand.

#43 iceblast21

iceblast21

Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:32 AM

Just to state how in-depth I've played this game, I have 975 Gamerscore in this game (missed one stupid achievement) and I can say that this game is NOT worth buying. But you wont listen, you'll buy it anyways....and you'll be sorry.

The curse of Gamerscore... going through a crappy game just for a measly 975 and how many hours of your life (that you can't ever get back)?? :D

This game was terrible... I think I got 10% into the first disc before I felt like killing myself

That's how I felt about the demo. I wanted to love this game... but the demo... just... killed it. Felt ridiculously slow and grindy... :drool:
"Do I have Smash Bros. Brawl?? HA HA HA HA HA HA! :lol: WHY THE HELL ELSE WOULD I OWN A WII????" - Ice

#44 hohez

hohez

Rarely Posting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

I'm right there with you blain. I have 1000/1000 because of a severe achievement addiction, more than that I intend to get maximum play time for what money i can spend.

Putting 100 hours into a game that's over a year old doesn't mean someone has no life or job either. If it came out last week though I could agree, but it didn't.

This game plods along, and unless you have a new 360, I just can't see anyone willing to commit what this game needs, who doesn't already have it. It's like a Nick Jr Dragon Quest 8.

#45 Guest_crazy blain_*

Guest_crazy blain_*

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:16 AM

Hohez, PM me your gamertag.

#46 Wolfgame

Wolfgame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

I dont know what the beef is with this game, i see people foaming at the mouth salivating over games that have dialogue or gameplay just as cheesy but people seem to have a hatred for this game, maybe its xbox 360 market and lack of familarity with japanese rpgs, but this game had a fantastic story, great music(i bought the soundtrack) and aside from a few small gripes with voice acting it really isnt as bad as people make it out to be in this thread. but for $13.99 and in many cases $59.99 you can do a whole lot worse in todays game market.
Please visit my referral link, the quicker you sign up under me and complete an offer you will be on your way to getting a FREE Guitar Hero 2 Bundle or other 360 game of your choice, any help is greatly apprecitated

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=232546

#47 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

im selling one for $10 shipped. hit me up

LOL, yeah but this one is brand new...
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#48 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:26 PM

That's how I felt about the demo. I wanted to love this game... but the demo... just... killed it. Felt ridiculously slow and grindy... :drool:

The demo was horrible. Doesnt represent the game well at all. I actually put off buying it for 2 months because of the demo.

For anyone who wanted to like it but didnt like the demo i highly recommend giving the full game a chance!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#49 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

Game is pretty good. Most people prefer Lost Odyssey but I wasn't totally dissapointed in the $60 spent in it as it was hyped to be one of the best RPGs of all time, when in reality it was a good RPG but nothing in Persona or Suikoden's league.

#50 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I agree about Lost Odyssey being better, the game to play first, but no question this is worth owning for full price if you're a big fan of Sakaguchi's stuff/Japanese RPGs. It's story isn't as good (though it has it's moments) and the engine is kind of weak, but the gameplay's pretty strong, as you'd expect.

just posting to say that I think this game is fantastic, i dont usually play the final fantasy style rpgs but I really got into this one and bought it for full price at release and was thoroughly satisfied, i highly recommend the game and this price is an absolute steal, plus you may want to play through it before Blue Dragon Plus is released for the DS in feb so that you are ready for the continued story

Or better still, play this and pretend that "sequel" doesn't exist. The coverage I've read recently says it's as terrible as the Final Fantasy 12 "sequel" and the Mana RTS prior to that (they're all by the same developer).

wow 10% :roll:, RPGs are probably not for you then, I think it's a great RPG

Yeah, I mean it's classic stuff. Not a good starting point-I think Sakaguchi's later games with Square, and Lost Odyssey were all much better, but this is kind of on par with Final Fantasy 5 I (think I) thought.

I don't know about the others, but if it weren't for topics like this, I would have missed several good deals. I don't mind it when particularly good deals get a new topic every now and then because most of the time I've missed it the first time around.

And if Blue Dragon wasn't originally in that thread, then it's worthless-unless we're expected to check every single thread and post on this site every single day in case one of them has been updated.

#51 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

happy new year's, bitches...

#52 brian101

brian101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

i would also like to see lost odyssey at this price, but this is still a good game.
Posted Image