Rock Band 2 Triple Cymbal Pack - $35.99 Shipped @ Amazon

Yep. I ordered one myself. What's funny is that I bet there are a ton of people hawking the gameshark.com store site waiting for them to come back in stock. Also, for those who don't know, adding a single to your existing double is the same as what you get in the triple back for all intents and purposes so don't get a triple if you already have a double. (May seem like common sense, but you'd be surprised what I've read in forums.)

lol, yea poor people who bought two doubles thinking they'd have the same effect as a triple or a double+single ;(

Sweet find, bro!!! Just bought the Triple from Amazon!! I just got the freakin Double Cymbal at Best Buy the day before Christmas for $29.99 PLUS tax. I still have receipt, and will be returning that to Best Buy!!! Again, great post!!!

great post thanks! best deal i have seen on this so far!
CAGsmily!.gif

[quote name='Pck21']Dumb question: Do these work on the RB1 drums?[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, it'd behoove you to consider upgrading to RB2 drums anyway. My buddy beat the living dog shit out of the first ones as well as the second and he says the difference is night and day. I know it's subjective but he's a fantastic drummer outside of RB as well as in and I value his educated estimation.

I guess I don't see the reason for getting these. They're just for aesthetic purposes, right? Not a bad deal though.

They make the game a LOT more fun.

By your reasoning since you could play GH3 with a regular controller, there's no reason to buy the guitar.

I guess what I meant was while GHWT is meant to be played with the GHWT drums which have cymbals, RB2 is meant to be played with the 4 drum pads, and if someone buys these, the game plays the same whether the person uses the 4 pads or the cymbals. I guess it probably makes it more challenging and more realistic but is it really worth $36? I think it's a no for me.

apparently the symbols only make symbol noise in the game...

but you can still hit either yellow and not lose your streak

youll just hear the hi-hat instead of the tom (if it was supposed to be a tom hit)

[quote name='guitarguy']apparently the symbols only make symbol noise in the game...

but you can still hit either yellow and not lose your streak

youll just hear the hi-hat instead of the tom (if it was supposed to be a tom hit)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that. Yellow drum makes drum noise, yellow cymbal makes cymbal noise. In the trainer, RB2 apparently recognizes them differently and does two cymbal noises but I haven't verified that myself.

Whats wrong with the 2 pack? I have been waiting to get it but if the 3 pack is better for some reason I will get that instead.

[quote name='gindias']Whats wrong with the 2 pack? I have been waiting to get it but if the 3 pack is better for some reason I will get that instead.[/quote]
smile.gif

Well obviously there are 3 instead of 2 :)

Also, if you decide later you want 3, The standalone cymbal costs $19, so you'll have $50 in all 3, wheras with this deal for only 6 dollars more than the double pack, you can have all 3 already. I was debating 2 or 3, but this deal spurred me to 3.

For people that have actually played using the cymbal pack, what is your opinion of them? What is the quality like? Is the double-hit problem with every pack? Do they really slide down as you play?

I was reading some of the reviews on amazon, but I'd like to get the opinion of some CAGs.

Thanks!

Anyone complaining about them sliding down did not read the instructions on how to put them together. I just picked them up and while it took me a minute to figure out exactly how to tighten them down just right they do stay in place when you do. Again, just check out the instructions. As for the double hit... I have not experienced it.

I found the 3 pack on the day it came out randomly at a Fry's.
Didn't even know it was coming out that day and it was the only package there...luck!

Anyway, IMO the 3 pack is essential if you are serious about playing the drums.
Not only is it more fun, but certain patterns are easier (more comfortable) to play with more options
that having the cymbals gives you.

Seriously, on the day I got these I started playing a few songs, got to De-Luxe on Expert, and when I
automatically went from the tom roll blue hit to the blue back on the ride cymbal without even having
to think about it, I realized how much more fun drums were with these added.

Some people are saying they are too sensitive or whatever but I haven't had any problems you just have
to experiment with how they are set up like adjusting the wing nuts and maybe the cymbal height, and
probably even more important, experiment with how you hit them. Try different angles, different parts of the stick,
and different amounts of force to find the 'sweet spot'.

Being able to have discrete toms and cymbals in fills is really nice icing on the cake.

Oh also I haven't tried them yet with GHWT b/c I have the GHWT kit, but having the cymbals on the RB2 kit should make it a lot more practical to play songs with 16ths on the hihat like Crazy Train, Everlong, etc. otherwise you are trying to play them on the yellow pad which means your sticking will have to be perfect or your hands are going to interfere with each other, which is annoying. With the raised hihat (yellow cymbal) you have some room to move your hands around and can hit the snare (red) with either hand.

These aren't rare they had tons in my bestbuy and gamestop. Where on earth are these sold out I don't get it. Also they are way overpriced as it is.

I have the 2 pack and they are a lot of fun. If they are installed correctly there should not be any sliding problems. I have not noticed and double hit problems either. I have had them for a little over a month. It is not something that you have to have but it does make the game a lot more fun and it is just cool looking.

[quote name='Bazz']These aren't rare they had tons in my bestbuy and gamestop. Where on earth are these sold out I don't get it. Also they are way overpriced as it is.[/quote]

Are you sure they are the same as these Madcatz? They could be 3rd party brand. Since bestbuy only carries the single and double instore, the 3 pack is only available online. Same goes for gamestop, at least that is around here in california. In which city did you see these at?

Got mine today. Pretty cool in freestyle and drum trainer modes, but I noticed some of the newer DLC songs are tabbed backwards for the cymbals, so when you hear a cymbal in the song but hit the corresponding drum input, the noise returned is a drum. Some of the drum sounds return cymbal noises when you hit the drum. My friend said he's seen this all over the RB2 forums but Harmonix hasn't responded at all yet. Just FYI.

Thanks for the posting. I went through 3 double packs and they all had double hits. Hopefully they fixed them in the 3 packs. I built custom stands out of PVC to hold the old ones and they have been sitting since I returned the double packs. Much cheper to buy a 3 pack in place of 2 double packs.

Finally able to grab one as these are rare in the Cincinnati, OH area.

[quote name='Joker2007']Thanks for the posting. I went through 3 double packs and they all had double hits. Hopefully they fixed them in the 3 packs. I built custom stands out of PVC to hold the old ones and they have been sitting since I returned the double packs. Much cheper to buy a 3 pack in place of 2 double packs.

Finally able to grab one as these are rare in the Cincinnati, OH area.[/quote]

I went through a couple double packs too, and they each had a cymbal that double hitted in the box. It's too bad, I love having cymbals, but I'm giving up on it for this round of Rock Band. Maybe I'll try again for Rock Band three in 2011 (I hope they wait that long anyway).

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']forgive me if this is dumb question.. does harmonix make their own cymal pack?[/QUOTE]

These are "official" cymbals. It's authorized by Harmonix. They won't make their own since they have this deal with mad catz.

bread's done
Back