• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4697 replies to this topic

#4651 MarkHawk

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

PC: Company of Heroes Gold Edition $7.48

:D Im going to check mine later tonight.
Posted Image
"Come on! It's only a Dollar!"

Goozex | Twitter |
Website | Data-Cast Podcast | Facebook | XBL Gamer Card | PSN ID

#4652 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:48 AM

Thanks to everyone, especially the few that had super long posts with drops. I secretly despise those posts even though they help a lot for our list.

Did the 360 version of Afro Samurai get clearanced or just the PS3? The OP has not been updated and I stopped reading this thread about 200 pages ago.

Did you smoke a pack of Virgina Slims after that little huffy post, Nancy? You know, there was a time where the OP in the Target clearance threads just said, "This is the Target clearance thread."
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#4653 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:49 AM

PC: Company of Heroes Gold Edition $7.48

I WANT THIS. Hopefully my target will do some decent drops soon. They had some good ones a month or two ago, but nothing I wanted.

#4654 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

Target did something completely wasteful when I returned two factory sealed clearance games back to the store. They opened them up right in front of me, even though they were clearly still factory sealed (not the cheap reshrinkwrap) and even had the old target price sticker on them. So now they can no longer sell them as new (granted, clearance) games and from what I was told, will ship them back as defective. Anyone else experience this when you return a still new game?

Yep, the Target at Brandywine always do it when I take stuff back, you're right, it's very wasteful. Maybe they've had a big problem with people returning empty boxes.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#4655 Xoamyf

Xoamyf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

Yep certain targets here in Jacksonville, FL do that. There was actually someone that went to different targets here, buying games, dvds, pc software etc, opening them up, removing the items and replacing with blank disc, resealing them items and then returning the items over a few week period. Eventually people started returning the items with blank disc and thats went these targets started opening all items and returning them as defective. That last for a few months. Now days it depends on who is behind the counter. The last time as about a month ago when I returned to copies of Fracture for the PS3..

You. You're the reason I can't find Mirror's Edge anywhere around me!

#4656 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

Anyone wanna sell me their copy of Bully? (I'll take either 360 or PS2).

You trying to find it for cheap or just trying to find it?

I see PS2 copies all the time in Target. I bought the 360 edition at BB, however.

#4657 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

When I returned 2 Guitar Hero Bundles, my local Target did the same thing and opened the boxes to check to see if the guitar and games were there. They were on clearance for $24.98 and out of the system so I guess they sent them back somewhere.

#4658 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:34 AM

Were they women?

Yes, they were women...though not sure why that would matter.

What games and how much were they when you returned them? Any reason why you didn't want them?

Iridium Runners and Pirates: Legend of the Black Buccaneer for $4.98 each. I got them for $2.48 at another Target earlier this week so I figured I would return the more "expensive" copies.

Yep, the Target at Brandywine always do it when I take stuff back, you're right, it's very wasteful. Maybe they've had a big problem with people returning empty boxes.

Yep, this actually happened at the Brandywine Target. Now that I think of it, they also opened a factory sealed Cursive CD when I returned it after getting it cheaper at Best Buy. Maybe they have had a problem at that store with people returning empty cases after resealing games (though, again, these were clearly factory sealed which is nearly impossible to imitate with a standard shrinkwrap machine).

#4659 Game_Dude_3

Game_Dude_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:43 AM

Target on Miramar Pwky had:

Afro Samurai(PS3) - $14.xx
Endless ocean(Wii) - $20.xx
Mirror's Edge(360) - $29.xx

Everything else looked like shovelware. The Pines Target had literally nothing.

#4660 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

Noticed Endless Ocean and Nights for the Wii are still old prices. I recently saw both for $14.98 and $7.48 respectively. In other words, 50% off.

#4661 anch

anch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

My Weight Loss Coach was $7.48 207020482

Does Target let you return-rebuy the clearance stuff?
Posted Image

#4662 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

It's YMMV. It would be the manager's call I believe.

#4663 doppelgangerknight

doppelgangerknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

Picked up:

Mirror's Edge- $19.98
X-Blades- $14.98

I also saw copies of Secret Agent Clank for the Psp marked at $27.98 [DPCI: 207-20-0295]

#4664 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

I'm guessing we're getting into that Summer lull again. I don't recall many good discounts around this time last year until the end of Summer.

#4665 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

I was looking forward to Afro Samurai none here......

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4666 lawl

lawl

yeah totes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

I'm guessing we're getting into that Summer lull again. I don't recall many good discounts around this time last year until the end of Summer.

what? this time last year was when that awesome $10 off 360 games coupon showed up...

#4667 Brainwave0

Brainwave0

Farvegnugen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

^Considering how that ended prematurely last year due to fraud, I would be extremely surprised to see Target do something like that again.

Posted Image

Trade List: here

#4668 GuardianE

GuardianE

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Also, pickings were sort of slim during the $10 coupon. I think more people were psyched at the idea of getting free games than they were of actually getting good games for cheap.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#4669 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Wheelman was tagged with a red clearance sticker for $49.98. Still high, but should be continue to drop. BTW, BB should have it on sale for $29.99 this weekend if you can't wait.

#4670 battleroyal33

battleroyal33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

You. You're the reason I can't find Mirror's Edge anywhere around me!

Cant take credit for that,, I havent picked up 1 copy of Mirrors Edge yet, only saw 1 copy at the Hodges/Beach Blvd target, left it and picked up Aftro Samurai and Far Cry 2 for the 360 instead..

#4671 topquark

topquark

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Target in Nashua, NH never has anything in the way of games on clearance. I've been in rather frequently lately as well. Can anyone else confirm? I'm talking The Pheasant Lane Mall Target.

Yeah I stopped by the Target in Pheasant lane mall, Nashua NH a couple of days ago and they basically had zero PS3 games on clearance. There were tons of PS2 and PSP games. Picked up PSP MLB The Show '08 for like $7.50. This used to be a good location until last year (scored a lot of games), but nothing at all this year.

#4672 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

Guys, I know this is not about games but does anyone know if the patio furniture gets the percentage clearancing as well? We always see the "Was/Now" clearance price stickers on the games but they often ring up cheaper than that. Has anyone had a similar experience with patio furniture ringing up cheaper than stickered? Thanks.

#4673 jsantillan13

jsantillan13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

Guys, I know this is not about games but does anyone know if the patio furniture gets the percentage clearancing as well? We always see the "Was/Now" clearance price stickers on the games but they often ring up cheaper than that. Has anyone had a similar experience with patio furniture ringing up cheaper than stickered? Thanks.

buy patio furniture in september, you'll get it for next to nothing. I got a grill an patio set for the same price of the grill at this time last year. Patience is the key

#4674 battleroyal33

battleroyal33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Yes they do but as said above, you have to wait for the season to come to an end for the clearance to start. over the last few years I have picked up 2 $400 outdoor fountains for $100 each on 75% clearance, several woodend $80 lounge chairs for $20 on 75% off, 1 large and 1 small firepit and a patio table and chair set @ 75% off..

Take note that Im in FL and most Targets here will carry outdoor funiture most of the year expect for the winter time.

#4675 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the feedback!

#4676 Rouzhokuu

Rouzhokuu

Bio-Shocked!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

I saw Cabelas Legendary Hunts for PSP at 9.9x down from 13.xx, today.

#4677 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Josef Posted Image
Target did something completely wasteful when I returned two factory sealed clearance games back to the store. They opened them up right in front of me, even though they were clearly still factory sealed (not the cheap reshrinkwrap) and even had the old target price sticker on them. So now they can no longer sell them as new (granted, clearance) games and from what I was told, will ship them back as defective. Anyone else experience this when you return a still new game?

Yeah, I bought GH: Legends Bundle and when I opened it to play it, it was a PC version, so apparently they don't open up returns at my Target.
DAMN..... who would of thought that being a CAG would be so expensive?:-k

http://fp.profiles.u...sn/pid/ShiRoh30

#4678 nsanchez1

nsanchez1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

afro samurai is going for $25 store credit at block buster right now grab your copy and swap it for an easy 10 bucks

#4679 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:55 PM

This just happened to me earlier this week. I returned SCIV and the lady opened the game and checked for the disc. Actually, I don't think it's all that bad when the game is out of their system.

Last year, I posted how I returned GoW and the lady opened the case to check for the disc, eventhough, GoW was still in there system at MSRP($59.99). Now that, I find to be ridiculous since the game was completely sealed. It seems like a waste of time and money. I'm sure that of all the games that have ever been returned at Target, only a miniscule amount have had the disc switched out.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#4680 stone1061

stone1061

Flip today, Play tomorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

^Considering how that ended prematurely last year due to fraud, I would be extremely surprised to see Target do something like that again.

The one that that ended quickly was the $5 off $25 toy puchcase that was photoshopped to remove the 'toy' part and when scanned would work on anything in the store.
The Xbox one was also a photoshopped coupon, but that one worked, even a few days past the expiration date.
Posted Image