Target Clearance Thread XIII*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4697 replies to this topic

#61 sprintfinanceguy

sprintfinanceguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

A lot of love for Valkyria Chronicles in here... I've been on the fence about it, but I think you all have convinced me.
Check My Trade Lists!

Guides: http://www.cheapassg...t=175548&page=8

Games: (coming soon)

#62 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

A lot of love for Valkyria Chronicles in here... I've been on the fence about it, but I think you all have convinced me.

To be completely honest with you, buy it asap. It is one of the best games I have played this generation hands down. Play the demo to get a feel for it because it is unlike other games in its original game play, i.e. a strategic third person shooter. Brilliant.

Has anyone else found Sins of a Solar Empire (PC) on clearance? Plus I can seem to find COD4 for PC either...weird.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#63 pulsar0510

pulsar0510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

Four Targets today, only scored one game: Ninja Reflex for Wii ($7.48) at the Harriman NY Target. Saw GHIII wireless bundle for PS3 @ the Newburgh store for $24.98, but have no need for it. Other than those, nothing of note.

#64 Haako

Haako

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

After watching them for about 5 weeks - got lucky and finally scored GTA4SE for PS3 for $22. Was still $44 last week and had like 4-5 copies left. Believe i took the last one tonight at $22. Patience pays - almost bought it last week for fear of missing out :)

#65 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

Pretty much nothing in Targets around my area. I doubt we'll get any good clearance deals until around the Super Bowl.

As for Valkyria Chronicles, I've played it about an hour, and I think it's pretty good. It's really...chunky. Yeah, that's the best way to put it.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#66 el cad

el cad

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:59 AM

The Target Greatland in Columbia, MD only had SPACE SIEGE for PC at $15. Plenty of copies, but I hear the game is not very good.

#67 heavymetalking

heavymetalking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:39 AM

Picked up Ratchet and Clank for PS3 today for 14.98...I tried to get them to give me some money back on the GTA4 SE but it rung up 66.98 or something like that...oh well I guess I gotta try next week.

#68 io

io

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

I also picked up Ratchet & Clank for $14.98 but that was just about the only clearance game of any kind that I could find. I went out Monday evening in the hopes of scoring the PS3 Guitar Hero III and Aerosmith bundles (hopefully for $24.98) that were still $49.98 or so on the weekend. I went to two stores that definitely had them Saturday and both were wiped clean. One had about 10 on the weekend. The Electronics clerk there today didn't even know what I was talking about :bomb:. It was like, all of a sudden, they never existed! I find it hard to believe regular people snapped up all those PS3 bundles that quickly - I'm thinking they may have been pulled/salvaged before even dropping from $50.

Oh well... It seems that nothing is in the pipeline for Target any time soon - no new ($40 or so) markdowns that I could see at either place. I guess one of the infamous Target clearance lulls is upon us.

Oh yeah, I did grab a toy Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner for my 1 year-old as I knew he'd love it. He always takes our vacuum from us when we are cleaning and wants to push it around himself. It was hilarious - the kid was ripping into the box as soon as I showed it to him. It was on clearance for $10.50 from $14.99. Of course, being the CAG that I am, I will continue to monitor that price and buy another/return with the original receipt if it drops further ;). In any case, there are a LOT of toys at 30% off now so there might be some good deals to be had in that nearby section even if the video game deals are lame for the next few weeks.

And remember all that clearance musical instrument talk about, oh, 3 months ago? Well, I had bought 3 of the Camp Rock electric guitars back then. I gave one to the kids (and had to buy an amp that cost 4x as much so they could use it ;)). The second we gave to my brother-in-law and neice. I still had another in the closet that I had forgotten about. I dug up my receipt and said it expired JAN 5TH! Needless to say I brought that with me today and got $24.98 back for it - it's like found money! Gotta love Target's 90 day return policy though - makes me much more likely to buy iffy stuff there (which in the long run benefits them as more often than not I end up keeping it).

#69 THRILLHO

THRILLHO

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

is this 100% nationwide? a store 45 minn away from me has one thing listed at "limited quantities" i dont want to call and have the sales person grab it. should i make the trip?

#70 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:11 PM

I desperately need R&C. Hook it up if you can!

#71 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

picked up pirates of the carribean PS3 for 14.98 last night

#72 TrueBlueLS

TrueBlueLS

The whistle go whoo whoo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

is this 100% nationwide? a store 45 minn away from me has one thing listed at "limited quantities" i dont want to call and have the sales person grab it. should i make the trip?

It's always YMMV, so it's up to you on if it would be worth wasting the time if it is not the price you would want.
Posted Image
I still can't believe the fiancee let me a get 58" Panasonic plasma.

#73 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Don't go by in-store stock availability...
Posted Image

#74 sstrunks01

sstrunks01

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

I need help finding this
[207-00-0686] 120GB hard drive (added 10-27-08) (price updated: 11-30-08)

#75 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

I need help finding this

Good luck. Most of these sold out before they could fully drop, and those that were left have by now been snagged...
Posted Image

#76 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

I need help finding this

I think the boat has generally been missed on this one. Unless someone managed to hide one (doubt it since they were locked in). Or if you get lucky like I have with other stuff... they take it off the shelf and stash it in the stockroom only to clearance it at a later time.

Not all the Targets I visit have DCPI scanners and I don't like to talk to customer service.

#77 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

As far as I can tell, the 120gb hard drives are out of the Target system now. It comes up as "Item Not Found." Good luck if you can still find one.

:beer:

#78 wii skiier

wii skiier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

tagging so I don't get behind...

#79 Masume

Masume

Adama's XO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Man, the markdowns at Target have been frozen lately. Nothing, nada, and what has been marked down isn't dropping below 30% so far. Bummer.

Oh, and when the HECK is that stupid DDRU 2 set going to get below $35! It's been that way for over a month now! Arghhhh
See my trade and sale list!

"There's just some things you just don't do Colonel, not even in war..."

Posted Image

#80 m3g4t0ky0

m3g4t0ky0

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

Man, the markdowns at Target have been frozen lately. Nothing, nada, and what has been marked down isn't dropping below 30% so far. Bummer.

Oh, and when the HECK is that stupid DDRU 2 set going to get below $35! It's been that way for over a month now! Arghhhh

There's two copies of it at the Target I work at for $12.48. They were never tagged with the sticker, so they just sat out on the floor. I'm still tempted to buy it... even though I suck at DDR.

#81 shumway

shumway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

There are and have been about 3 each of the GH:III and GH:A PS3 bundles at one of the local Targets that have been 49.xx since I think right before Christmas. I already have them on 360 but would pick one up if it drops to $24.xx.

#82 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:11 PM

Is that for PS2? I picked up 2 copies on PS2 at Target for $12.48 each in November. Gave them out as Christmas gifts.

#83 aw004g

aw004g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

GH: Aerosmith finally dropped to $24.98 so I grabbed one (I now have 8 rockband/gh guitars)
Posted Image

#84 Oozer

Oozer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

I picked up the collector's edition of Madden 09 for $44.48 last week and lo and behold, it's been marked down to $22.48 this week. Does Target price adjust or am I out 20 bucks?
Game Collection
DVD Collection
Now Playing:
:wii:: Wii Sports, Super Mario Bros. Collection
:360: : Halo 4, NHL 09
:ps3: : MLB The Show 09, Bioshock: Infinite
:3ds: : PES 2011, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
:pc: : Kerbal Space Program, BF3

#85 travanx

travanx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:01 PM

Which type of target are you finding these deals still in stock? The bigger or smaller ones? Tempted to drive to a Target today looking for any form of Guitar Hero for xbobx360.

#86 chrisflyer

chrisflyer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

I picked up the collector's edition of Madden 09 for $44.48 last week and lo and behold, it's been marked down to $22.48 this week. Does Target price adjust or am I out 20 bucks?

I think you have 14 days to get a price adjustment, so you should be ok.

#87 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

I think you have 14 days to get a price adjustment, so you should be ok.

NOT on clearance.
Buy a cheaper copy, bring the higher receipt in with you and immediately return...

#88 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:16 PM

NOT on clearance.
Buy a cheaper copy, bring the higher receipt in with you and immediately return...

THIS

#89 Masume

Masume

Adama's XO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:07 AM

Is that for PS2? I picked up 2 copies on PS2 at Target for $12.48 each in November. Gave them out as Christmas gifts.

Nope, it's the 360 version.
See my trade and sale list!

"There's just some things you just don't do Colonel, not even in war..."

Posted Image

#90 dallow

dallow

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

oh, new thread, no wonder :)