Why the hell are HDTV's so damn expsensive?! *sigh*

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 tholly

tholly

R.I.P. HD-DVD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I have a 56" Sammy 1080p DLP. I love it. Excellent color/picture with no problems in the last 2 years I have owned it.

Seconded. The 56" Samsung DLP that I have has the best image quality of any TV I looked at. For $1,100 for 56" I couldn't have gotten anything better.

Looks 100x better than my parent's 42" Sony Bravia LCD.
Excel Collection Spreadsheet
WTB: Magnavox Odyssey 2 The Voice manual / box & Sega 32x Spider-man & Pitfall

#62 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Im 23 years old, almost 24, but live in Michigan, Unemployment is at the highest in the entire nation at 9.6 percent.

Like I said, it's all relative. If you're unemployed and/or just don't have a stable job then you obviously can't drop a lot of money on luxury items like TVs until your situation improves.

Doesn't mean HDTVs are too expensive, just that they're a luxury item and people who have to worry about making ends meet shouldn't be throwing away money on luxury items.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#63 tholly

tholly

R.I.P. HD-DVD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

Like I said, it's all relative. If you're unemployed and/or just don't have a stable job then you obviously can't drop a lot of money on luxury items like TVs until your situation improves.

Doesn't mean HDTVs are too expensive, just that they're a luxury item and people who have to worry about making ends meet shouldn't be throwing away money on luxury items.

I don't even think that that is a valid excuse. I bought my 56", 80GB PS3, HD-DVD player, along with some other expensive stuff (like a few thosand dollars engagement ring) when I either had a part time job or was a graduate intern and still in school getting my Masters degree (plus I have $15,000 saved up in the bank.) If you want nice things, all you have to do is be smart with your money.

HD TVs are inexpensive, you just have to save up a little cash so you can afford it.
Excel Collection Spreadsheet
WTB: Magnavox Odyssey 2 The Voice manual / box & Sega 32x Spider-man & Pitfall