Anyone here visit GaijinGamer.com?

Hoser_in_Japan

CAG Veteran
I'm not sure if this is violating the terms of service or whatever but if it is then I most humbly apologize. I have no affiliation with this website other than being a new member. I just stumbled across Gaijin Gamers a few months ago while I was on the Sony forums looking for a listing of Japanese games that have English in them. I joined up immediately and as a foreigner in Japan I find it extremely useful both for talking about games and finding deals on English games in Japan as well as just discussing life as it is in Japan itself (ie. marriage to Japanese women, studying for the JLPT, and cursing Japan's cold houses). Anyways it's a great place but the community is still small so I thought I would post in here to see if there are any other people out there like me who had no idea that this great place exists. Again, I hope I haven't stepped on any toes! If so I apologize.

Yeah I started using them last year too.
I managed to pick up soMe heavily discounted Japanese titles that support English and sent them to my bro for his birthday.
Once they mentioned that little big planet japan supported English I picked it up so I could play it with my wife.

Can someone post what it means to support English? I thought play-asia had a list with US XBOX360 games that are non region locked to play on a J-console. Does English Support means the game can be toggled to English in its settings?

English support refers to the language, not the region locking. As far as I know, there are no Xbox 360 games published in Japan that are region free.

[quote name='CheapyD']English support refers to the language, not the region locking. As far as I know, there are no Xbox 360 games published in Japan that are region free.[/QUOTE]

Actually if you look on Play-Asia, there's a few titles, but they aren't exclusives. Soul Calibur IV, Halo 3, Lost Planet Colonies, and Project Gotham Racing 4 are the only four I can think of off the top of my head that the Japanese release is region free. (I still want the Japanese Lost Planet Colonies to replace my Platinum Hits "Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition" BS.)

Great, I only knew of a list of JP PS3 games with English support, but going through Play-Asia and checking things for 360 I'm interested in one by one and hoping the info in there is a pain.
This will be a lifesaver!

bread's done
Back