The Target Clearance Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1924 replies to this topic

#31 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:50 PM

They'll be VERY good for clearance not too long from now. its still a relatively new store, so most of thier stuff hasnt had time to go down, that goes along with the fact its not very high traffic yet.

#32 Magician

Magician

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:46 PM

I officially love my Target.

If I haven't felt that way before, I do now.

I picked up Amplitude there for 7.48, clearanced. It wasn't in the Greatest Hits section, but instead, in the glass case, but marked down nonethless.

But the barcode scanning doesn't work for me. I wonder why. The price scanners doesn't seem to pick up on the barcodes.

#33 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2003 - 11:12 PM

The games section in my local target absolutely stinks! There are no deals whatsoever and the chepeast game is $20

Gameplay is what makes a game worth playing - not story or graphics

MY SITE

#34 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:40 PM

Muchos Kudos to the originators of this topic! :P

At my Target, Primal (in the loose value games section) had a sale sticker that said it was 20.98 marked down from 29.99 and then scanned for 7.48. :)

I asked an employee to check the price on Amplitude for me and pulled one from behind the glass and it scanned for 7.48, while labeled 39.99. :D

We need to find a Target employee who can run the entire games section a couple of times a week with their handheld computer system and report back as to what has dropped in price. :idea:

#35 video_gamer324

video_gamer324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:32 PM

My local Target has about 50 Sony PS1 memory cards for $7.48. Half off of regular price, but 3rd party memory cards are even cheaper.
I got kicked out of cub scouts because I ate a brownie.

Check out my blog on how to build up your video game collection: VGK

BigCrumbs: Get CASH BACK shopping at GameStop, TRU, Walmart, Newegg, GameFly, and more - NO OFFERS REQUIRED!
GameTrailers: Watch trailers, reviews, and gameplay videos and get a FREE PS3, WII, or XBOX 360!

#36 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:22 PM

Anyone want to buy me a copy of Amplitude for me? I'll pay plus shipping :|

My Target sold out of Ampltiude when it was $17 months ago

#37 PaP3rKuT

PaP3rKuT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2003 - 09:54 PM

well all the targets around my area is sold out of primal and amplitude...so i guess i got no luck o wellz
FS: Anime Stuff & wall scrolls ||
My Trade List || My CAG Feedbacks

Posted Image

Currently Playing:
NBA Live 2007 [PSP]

#38 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2003 - 01:47 PM

We need to find a Target employee who can run the entire games section a couple of times a week with their handheld computer system and report back as to what has dropped in price. :idea:

While I'm not an employee, I am one of the originators of the creation and scanning of barcodes. I usually go in 2/3 times a week to look around, see what's been sitting on the shelves and come up with a barcode list to look at prices.

When something like the HSG-3 and Blinx deals roll around, it's usually because someone stumbled upon them, since GH/PH games usually don't leave the 19.99 price point.

But if there are any games that you want checked, posts them with the UPC # (usually from Half.com or Tradestop.com), and I'll do my best to get them checked out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 JohnEX

JohnEX

Posted 29 September 2003 - 05:26 PM

i just got HSG3 this weekend for 7.48. it scanned for 19.99 but the clearance tag was still there so i got it for that price. just a tip if you're using printed barcodes to check prices. look for clearance tags also.

#40 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2003 - 06:40 PM

What target in Jersey had them marked down? Most that I've been in are "tagless targets" in which most of the time, things never actually get a clearance tag that are on clearance. (and things that are marked on clearance, aren't)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2003 - 07:43 PM

I picked up the last copy of BloodRayne (Gamecube version) for $7.48 at my local Target (Greenbelt, MD). The clerk at the register did a double-take when the price range up and said he'd been looking for a game to buy. I'd originally stopped by to check on Primal, but I couldn't find any copies of that. :(

#42 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:36 AM

just came back from my local target in anaheim hills, ca and picked up Legend of Wrestling II for $7.48. It was for the playstation2. They also had scropion king for gamecube for $3.48, i mean both weren't good games, but for those prices it ain't bad. Legend of Wrestling II wasn't as bad as i thought when i played it afterwards

#43 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 06:17 AM

Not really amongt the best clearance deals out there, but Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is $19.99 at Target. Everyone else seems to have it for $30.

Same price for The Italian Job as well...both for Xbox.

I didn't check whether this applied for the PS2 versions. I hope this wasn't in the Sunday ad.

#44 explorer1990

explorer1990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 01:13 PM

Over the last two days I've picked up Primal and ZOE:2nd Runner for $7.48 Each. ZOE was tagged at $49.99 and Primal was tagged at $29.99.

Thanks to Cheapassgamer.com and UPCdatabase.com. It's getting alot easier to verify deals at Target.

#45 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 30 September 2003 - 02:28 PM

I did as this post suggested and made a list of games I might be interested in if the price was right and went and scanned them this morning.
Has anyone else tried to scan the barcodes for Shinobi and Mark of Kri?
The scanner recognized them both (at least what I got from half.com and typed into upcdatabase) as Sony software but said the price was $0.00!
The store did not have either of those games so I could not proceed further.
Has this happened to anyone else trying this?

#46 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 02:43 PM

When the price is scanned at $0.00, it has something to do with it no longer being stocked. What happens if there is an instance where the product in question is in stock, the proper thing to do (some employees won't bother doing this, saying that it can't be sold, or make a price up) is that they check for the last sold price, and then sell it to you at that, which is normally between $3.50 and $7.50 depending on the title and store.

Good luck with your Targ├ęt bargain hunting
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 explorer1990

explorer1990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 03:15 PM

That happened to me yesterday when I picked up Primal. I scanned Terminator Dawn of Fate for PS2 and XBOX and Test Drive for PS2, all of them came up Value Software $0.00. And none of them were in the glass case.

#48 Llamadon

Llamadon

Posted 30 September 2003 - 05:45 PM

hopefully i'm not repeating something, but.....

did anyone ever answer/figure out at what time games are clearanced on Mondays? Should we be waiting 'til later that night/Tuesday?

#49 JohnEX

JohnEX

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:11 PM

What target in Jersey had them marked down? Most that I've been in are "tagless targets" in which most of the time, things never actually get a clearance tag that are on clearance. (and things that are marked on clearance, aren't)

it was the Target on Rt9 south in freehold. like i said it was marked as clearance even though it scanned at 19.99. the guy gave it to me for the clearance price since the tag was still there. i assume he took the tag out right after my sale.
if it is marked on clearance you should definitely be able to get it at that price no matter how it scans.

#50 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2003 - 08:21 PM

I was just wondering because the Targets in East Windsor, Princeton, Menlo Park, Burlington (NJ), and Oxford Valley (PA) didn't have them tagged at all.

However on a side note, the NHL 2003 (XBX) are all clearance tagged at 14.98 in Princeton, even though they are scanning at $19.99.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Soft Nugget

Soft Nugget

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:44 AM

what system was bloodrayne for. Im looking for the ps2 version.

#52 Captain Tarpals

Captain Tarpals

Posted 01 October 2003 - 05:28 AM

As was explained to me by a Target employee, if the item rings up at $0.00, then the item has been delisted and should have been sent back to warehouse. If the item is still in the store, in your hands for example, they have to sell it to you, but at the last price the item was listed at. The problem seems to be that only the hand scanners that employees have can find this listed price and they usually have to walk you to the register so they can tell the cashier since the cashier's register will show $0.00 as well. You can find some pretty good deals some of the time, but usually the last price is the clearance price as discussed on this website, ie. $7.48. I haven't ran across any great deals like games less than a dollar.

#53 explorer1990

explorer1990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:24 PM

I forgot to post this yesterday: When I picked up Primal at Target I also got a PS2 Controller for $12.48 clearance. It was a Smoke Black (Transparent) controller. Which worked out for me because that's what my other controller is.

So check the accessory aisle of your local Target.

#54 alfonsosoriano

alfonsosoriano

You Like This Face?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:52 PM

my target had gungrave for 7 red faction for 10, got them both
then they havent had much recently
i did see an action replay for 15, but no use for that to me, i play mostly sports games and i can live without BIG HEADS

#55 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:02 PM

A few things I would like to say..

If you post here.. Please post your location so we know where u are! And thanks for all these great deals! Although my Target in Rosemead has shit..

I saw these deals yesterday..
Offical Sony PSOne Dualshock(One) $10
Offical Sony PSOne Memory Cards $7 or $8
Target Branded Svideo Cables for all/most systems 7$ [I paied 10 a month ago and its great.. No more cables.. Just one.. With S-Video, highly recommened]

Also saw..

Computer Speakers.. Can be plugged into the systems... [Altec Model GS100] Has subwoofer... Works great! I love it! 15$
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#56 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:45 AM

Target Southport...aka Naptown.

$3.78 PSOne Official Memory Cards
The Italian Job $19.99 Xbox

Not really a great deal, but I just wanted to ask a question about those S-Video cables. Is there some sort of recognition in the splitter that switches the device that's on?

I saw that all the plugs feed into just one A/V cable, so is that how that works? Or is there even enough slack in the console connectors to allow that?

#57 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2003 - 06:52 AM

You can have all ur systems plugged if thats what ur asking.. Although you can only use one at a time.. =P

Just one AV cable yes.. But theres little room to split.. Basicly... All ur sytems have to be pretty damn close to each other.. Or right on top of each other..
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#58 PaP3rKuT

PaP3rKuT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

Union City, Target

Dynasty Tactics - $7.48
FS: Anime Stuff & wall scrolls ||
My Trade List || My CAG Feedbacks

Posted Image

Currently Playing:
NBA Live 2007 [PSP]

#59 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 05 October 2003 - 05:17 PM

My local Target has had some games with $12.99 stickers across their upper right corners for some time. Today I decided to scan them and see what happened.
Mad Maestro (PS2) (which is in stock) scanned $0.00.
Haven: Call of the King (PS2) scanned $3.24.

#60 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 12:41 AM

Target East Windsor NJ, PSOne Mad Catz Memory Cards, $1.48 each.... what a deal

Target Princeton, NJ- Turok Evolution $3.48, still not a deal ;)

A note about the Princeton NJ one, they have moved out a bunch of clearance product from behind glass that now scans at $0.00, but rings in at <$20..... beware. (Titles included Resident Evil GC, Eternal Darkness, SpongeBob/Spatula)
Posted Image
Posted Image