• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1924 replies to this topic

#61 explorer1990

explorer1990

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 03:06 AM

Target - Southwestern, Pennsylvania

I noticed today that Target has set up an end-cap with several PS2 titles that range from $9.99 to $12.99.

The ones I can remember are Blade 2, WHRA Racing and Wrath of Cortex.

There were maybe three other titles that didn't interest me. Sorry.

Happy hunting guys & gals.

#62 idahoxbox

idahoxbox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:55 AM

How do you go about using price scanners on the printed bar codes? Do you ask an employee to do scan them, or is there some way to scan them yourself?

#63 savedadough

savedadough

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 03:11 PM

About the 0.00 thing: I went to my local Target (Tuscaloosa, AL) and scanned Gungrave (one was not in the glass case, 6 or 7 were) and it came up at 0.00. I asked the store clerk about it, he scanned it at the register, and it came up at 0.00 again. He told me that when this happens, it is salvage stock and is sold at 90% off of the last sale price. He told me that the last price they had for it was $12.99, so at 90% off, I was able to buy it for $1.29!! Ask about this at the Targets near you, you might be able to get a game cheaper than cheap. :D

#64 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 October 2003 - 03:51 PM

How do you go about using price scanners on the printed bar codes? Do you ask an employee to do scan them, or is there some way to scan them yourself?

You scan them yourself.
Read the first post on this thread for more info.

#65 idahoxbox

idahoxbox

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 07:37 PM

You scan them yourself.
Read the first post on this thread for more info.

The first post does not answer my question. Having not worked in retail, this question may seem really stupid but I have no idea how to scan them myself. How do you go about doing this?

#66 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 06 October 2003 - 10:18 PM

There are some "scan-it-yourself" price check units in various places around the store. If the games are loose, grab a handful, walk over, and go scan-happy. If you are curious about prices of games locked behind the glass and do not want to ask an employee to scan each title once, do the UPC trick described in the first post and take your own printout of barcodes to these scanners and enjoy the funny looks people give you when you pull a sheet of paper loaded with barcodes out of your pocket.

#67 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:55 PM

There are some "scan-it-yourself" price check units in various places around the store. If the games are loose, grab a handful, walk over, and go scan-happy. If you are curious about prices of games locked behind the glass and do not want to ask an employee to scan each title once, do the UPC trick described in the first post and take your own printout of barcodes to these scanners and enjoy the funny looks people give you when you pull a sheet of paper loaded with barcodes out of your pocket.

And the question from the "uniformed security gaurd" about what you're doing. Be honest and they don't mind. It only happened to me once, and I do this multiple times a week, at multiple targets, so it's not too likely to happen to anyone else, except maybe minx. ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 PaP3rKuT

PaP3rKuT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2003 - 12:25 AM

i tend to not look at any1 when im doing this...so jus pretend no1 is looking at u...it is alot easier that way instead of tryin to look around and wait til no1 is around
FS: Anime Stuff & wall scrolls ||
My Trade List || My CAG Feedbacks

Posted Image

Currently Playing:
NBA Live 2007 [PSP]

#69 HeartAngelMom

HeartAngelMom

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:53 PM

PS2:

Amplitude $3.48 reg 29.99
Legends of Wrestling II $6.58 reg $29.99

#70 cegha

cegha

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:04 PM

will i be able to get these deals if the trget nearest me just opened today (cause the other one is like 45 min away) or will i have toi wait like 3 weeks.

#71 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:49 PM

will i be able to get these deals if the trget nearest me just opened today (cause the other one is like 45 min away) or will i have toi wait like 3 weeks.

You're probably going to have to wait until about January to start picking up the clearance deals. These that are left are pretty much summer left-over product that's being cleared out. Chances are that if your targét opened today, they probably never would have had any of this stuff in stock.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Soft Nugget

Soft Nugget

Posted 12 October 2003 - 06:18 PM

yeah, most of it is missing in my area, except the few odds and ends behind the glass case.

#73 ImReallyTired

ImReallyTired

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:36 PM

Are you in NJ?
One just opened up near Clifton like today.

#74 cegha

cegha

Posted 13 October 2003 - 04:30 PM

no im actually in south carolina and on there grand opening (yesterday) they had some good deals i might mention.

jak 2 $39.99
Kingdom hearts $19.99 (greatest hit)
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance $19.99 (greatest hit) i really reccommend getting this if u don't have it.
Final Fantasy Tactics advance $27.88
Matrix Reloaded $16 (comes out tomorrow :D )
Battlefield 1942 $24.99 PC
Halo $42.76 (released friday) PC

not shure on prices of the others how they orignally were but says they were on sale.

#75 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2003 - 03:13 PM

Princeton NJ:

NCAA Football 2003 (PS2) $7.48

NHL 2003 (XBX) still marked at $14.99 even though its ringing $19.99
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:20 AM

Looks like a deal at all targets (but not all variants available at all stores), Lexar Media in 32 and 64 MB sizes is on clearance. Available in Memory Stick, Compact Flash, and Smart Media.

I got a 32 meg CF for $14.50.... (East Windsor) with similar deals on MS same size
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 minx

minx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 02:48 AM

be very careful to buy very old stock or very new on those Lexar cards, because according to the people Palm.com messageboards, the company temporarily switched its OEM supplier from Panasonic to SanDisk for a while--and SanDisk is notoriously bad.

Not only are SanDisk cards slow,but they have been widely reported hard resetting PDAs.

you cannot tell from the outside of the package which make of card you are getting, although once opened according to some people the following ways can distinguish the two Lexar cards

Panasonic have black print serial numbers and are made in Japan

SanDisk have white print serial numbers and are made in Taiwan

If you insert the card into a PDA, you can tell who made it by selecting "card info"

http://discussion.br...?threadid=35140

http://discussion.br...highlight=Lexar

http://discussion.br...highlight=Lexar
Posted Image A sense of humor is the only thing that differentiates humans beings from all other lower life forms and the only reason to continue procreating the human species;-)

#78 junkie

junkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 06:25 AM

I saw the old big x-box controllers for $15 at the Lombard IL Target.

#79 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:40 PM

I picked up the last large "Duke" controller for Xbox at my local Target (Greenbelt, MD) yesterday for $15. I wasn't going to buy it, but they didn't have any of the reduced price smoke PS2 controllers I wanted and the Duke I did get was the last one there. (I haven't seen it anywhere else locally since they started phasing them out.)

I seem to recall Blockbuster having a $15 sale on them a few months ago, but my local stores were out of them when I went by. Well, I've got a spare now should anything happen to my original.

#80 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 17 October 2003 - 02:48 AM

A previous post mentioned that when games scan at $0.00, they are supposed to be sold at 90% off of their last sale price. No such luck for me at my Target. When the following games scanned $0.00, the cashier got one of their handheld doofers and charged a price that it said.
Mad Maestro - $3.24
Haven - $3.24
Pride FC - $7.48
Amplitude - $7.48
Yup, Pride and Amp are now scanning $0.00 at my Target.
There was also a PlayStation FIFA World Cup game that scanned $0.00 and they wanted $6.50 for.
Darkstone (PlayStation) marked down 50% from $9.99 to $4.98.

#81 JSweeney

JSweeney

Posted 17 October 2003 - 03:01 AM

The target packaged Mad Catz off-brand Gamecube memory card 59's can be found for 1.99. Also, any of the slightly older E-reader games (I found Golf, Tennis, and Donkey Kong 3) can be had for 1.24.

#82 Xenomorph

Xenomorph

Posted 17 October 2003 - 03:55 PM

Salem, Massachusetts. Target. Clearence Rack at The Corner Of Electronics.
About 9 Original Xbox Controllers. $14.00

#83 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:10 AM

Menlo Park, NJ

All XBox Clearance

Test Drive 4.98
Quantum Redshift 7.48
Old Style Controller 14.98 (They were numerous, but beat up packaging)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 dynamite99

dynamite99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:10 PM

where would the clearance in target be? i went there but did not find any clearance, and alll the games are lock up in the glass cupboard thing :? also is the box of gamecube with the free game bigger than the other? cuz i saw one there but it on the back of the other boxes, so i didnt ask the guy :?
Life is a game that one plays according to the rules
Posted Image

#85 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:51 PM

no the boxes are the same just have a sticker on tehm saying it comes with teh game

#86 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2003 - 09:56 PM

Why does my Target have to suck!!! I want Xbox controller!
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#87 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2003 - 03:19 AM

where would the clearance in target be? i went there but did not find any clearance, and alll the games are lock up in the glass cupboard thing :? also is the box of gamecube with the free game bigger than the other? cuz i saw one there but it on the back of the other boxes, so i didnt ask the guy :?

Clearance stuff can be mixed in with the regular product, can be at the end of an aisle, or in with the unlocked "Value" games. Also sometimes game clearance can be found with books, music, and video, so check there as well. Many times the product goes unmarked, hence the barcode trick described early in the thread (for games under glass).

Why does my Target have to suck!!! I want Xbox controller!

It took me trips to the following targéts over a month and change stretch to find it at that price:

Princeton NJ, East Windsor, NJ, Burlington, NJ, Freehold, NJ, Neshaminy, PA, Langhorne, PA, Philadelphia PA (Snyder Ave), Cherry Hill, NJ and Menlo Park, NJ
Posted Image
Posted Image

#88 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:13 AM

Maybe u can drive.. I cant.. My dad isnt willing to drive all over the place to get some games.. =/
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#89 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2003 - 04:19 AM

UnLimited SaGa for $14.99. It got clearanced off and my friend bought all the copies left for me, him and another friend. I understand it got medicore reviews but It's a Square game so what the heck?

#90 CameronPhD

CameronPhD

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:19 PM

Vexx (PS2) $9.98
Piglet's Big Game (PS2) $9.98
My Street (PS2) $14.99