• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1924 replies to this topic

#901 ig88vsbobafett

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:21 AM

There marked most of the time its diffrent prices in every target

How do you find these prices? Are they marked this cheap? Or do you actually have to go ask them to ring it up?

#902 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 01 March 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hmm... Looks like I will be checking the local Target (Columbia, MD) today to see if they had any price drops. I bought Tony Hawk 3 last week (4.44). We will see...
Take Care,
Matthew

#903 Soft Nugget

Soft Nugget

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:47 PM

Evil Dead: Fistful of boomstick 4.98

#904 wubb

wubb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 07:31 PM

Still, the fact that had a rather complex pricetag leads me to believe this may be the new nationwide price for targets everywhere -- if not all stores everywhere.

I don't know. Fuzion Frenzy (Xbox) is $5 at some Target's, $20 at most, but the one I found it at for $5 actually had it behind the glass with a pricetag indicating it was $5. (I have actually scanned the game at two or so other Targets and it was $20.) The guy who got it out for me scanned it himself to make sure the price was right, LOL. I think the pricetag thing is just something that varies by store, just like the actual markdown itself.

#905 Puzznic

Puzznic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:32 PM

While its not actually on Clearance, my Target had Prince of Persia for Gamecube marked down to $29.99. Very tempting

#906 Liontamer

Liontamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

I found Tom & Jerry: The Magic Ring for GBA for $3.76 today.
-'Tamer
http://cdnroot.cheap...9087731&thumb=1
It's funny because it's true.

#907 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

Princeton NJ

Evil Dead FoBS (PS2) $4.98 [was a misfit copy laying on the back clearance shelf]

Black & Bruised (PS2) there was a stack of 6 priced at $12.48, but I didn't bother to scan, may be less.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#908 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:56 PM

BigDirty, do you check the XBox games too? Or were there just not any on clearance.
Posted Image

#909 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:19 AM

BigDirty, do you check the XBox games too? Or were there just not any on clearance.

When there's stuff on clearance, I'll tell you, but the P-Ton location has been ransacked and then picked over... nothing for the box, and nothing of worthy note for the cube either (matrix is still 21)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#910 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:33 AM

man... i just checked the target in placentia, CA and there is nothing but 20 dollar games. i scanned like 10 vid games and they were still 20 bucks or more. :(

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#911 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:48 AM

Farmington Hills MI

PSone LCD combos down to $75.98

#912 pfunkpearl

pfunkpearl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:52 AM

Farmington Hills MI

A little off subject but do they make any sort of battery pack for these? It would rock to play this on a plane instead of my gba sp.

#913 kdunn77

kdunn77

Deceptibot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:02 AM

Cary NC

GamersPack (PC) $3.74 (Scanned at $0.00)
Includes C&C Renegade, Need for Spped III, Freedom Force & Earth and Beyond.

#914 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:19 AM

Pick that Gamers Pack up!!!!

Freedom Force rocks!

#915 Puzznic

Puzznic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:18 AM

Saw Metroid Fusion on Clearance at my local Target. Not quite ripe yet though, only down to $24 for $30. Definitely worth a check in a few weeks

#916 cousinlump

cousinlump

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:34 PM

Farmington Hills MI

A little off subject but do they make any sort of battery pack for these? It would rock to play this on a plane instead of my gba sp.

Yes, they do. Mine came free when I bought the portable screen a couple years ago. The life on the battery is not the greatest, giving you around 2 hours or so...just long enough for a short plane ride. The battery looks likes a thin tray which the PSOne sits on, BTW.

#917 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:38 PM

I did price check Metroid Fusion too but still $25.00

:(

#918 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:07 PM

Mason, OH Fields Ertel Location:

Midnight Club II (Xbox) $14.98 (I grabbed the last one)
Aliens Vs. Predator (Xbox) $14.98 (3 Left)
Enter The Matrix (Xbox) $14.98 (1 Left)
Wreckless PH (Xbox) $9.96 (4 Left)
Def Jam Vendetta (GCN) $9.96 (2 Left)

#919 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2004 - 11:21 PM

Frisco, TX.

Def Jam Vendetta (GCN) 13.98 (1 Left)
XBOX exhibtion disc 2.98 (4 left)
PS1 + LCD combo 104.98 (2 left)

anyone else in the Plano/Frisco , TX area?

#920 josh33_unc

josh33_unc

Posted 03 March 2004 - 12:14 AM

I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)

#921 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:20 AM

San Jose, CA

NBA Street Vol 2 (PS2) - $19.99

Another thing I saw was NHL 2004 for PS2 was not on the racks but on the ground behind the glass case. I thought it would be on clearance since I found most games that were on sale were also on the ground. So I asked the clerk to ring it up but it was still $49.99. There were tons of copies too, oh well.

#922 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:36 AM

I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)

wow, thanks josh. that's cool of you! the CAG community is the best.

#923 JibbaJabba

JibbaJabba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:38 AM

San Jose, CA

NBA Street Vol 2 (PS2) - $19.99

Another thing I saw was NHL 2004 for PS2 was not on the racks but on the ground behind the glass case. I thought it would be on clearance since I found most games that were on sale were also on the ground. So I asked the clerk to ring it up but it was still $49.99. There were tons of copies too, oh well.

Which game did you get checked? NHL 2004 (EA) or ESPN NHL (Sega)?
EA is'nt on clearence Sega is.

PSOne car power adapter $19.98

Okc, OK

EDIT: Cheapy how making a Target Clearence Sticky in the Non-Gaming section, so we can post some of the other items in the store.

#924 thatstoobad

thatstoobad

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:43 AM

if possible, you should try and give us any news on any new clearance games, at your store at least. then we can cross our fingers and hope for the best at the ones in our own respective areas.

i don't know if target actually fills anyone (being the employees) in on the markdowns, though, since usually i get massive "huh?" when i buy a clearance game.

#925 badmrfrosty20

badmrfrosty20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:40 AM

Any news on target deals in Washington? The one in Tukwila only has Kya for $7.48.

#926 equest943

equest943

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:19 AM

Man. My freaking Target goes about as low as dpatel's does. Midnight Club 2 Xbox for $20.98 and Def Jam Vendetta and Mortal Kombat: DA for $13 each. Not bad but I wish I could find the prices you all are posting which are usually $3-7 less. I usually have to wait a few weeks for them to go down in price again. Kinda sucks but oh well.

#927 Vampyre

Vampyre

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:29 AM

Got ape escape 2 for 4.38 at the cedar park sotre in texas.

They really did not have anything else there except riding spirits for $13

#928 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:08 AM

Is there any specific time to look for these games? I have heard that tues evening is when target usually finishes marking down all of their prices.

Does it matter on time of year?

#929 blackandbluehero

blackandbluehero

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:10 AM

I finally got mine, for $75, that's 50% off 149! I'm so glad I waited, scoped out which store had a couple left for them to go lower this week. Thank you so much to the person in this forum who mentioned that they were on clearance. YAAY!
Posted Image

#930 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:13 AM

Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.