Photo
- - - - -

The Target Clearance Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1924 replies to this topic

#931 guessed

guessed

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:21 AM

Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.

As I understand it, the shelf scanners are tied to the same database as the checkout scanners. The only issue one might have is if it scans zero, and you have them look up the price in the department, and then check out up front. It happened to me the other day. She was about to key in the price on the tag when I stopped her and told her they had checked it back in electronics, so she just keyed in the price I gave her.

#932 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:41 AM

Has anyone had a situation where you bring in a barcode to scan and it comes up with the clearance price, but when you get the game and the cashier scans it at the register, the original higher price comes up? I haven't really checked my local target stores for these deals, and I just wanted to ask if something like this ever happened to anyone.

As I understand it, the shelf scanners are tied to the same database as the checkout scanners. The only issue one might have is if it scans zero, and you have them look up the price in the department, and then check out up front. It happened to me the other day. She was about to key in the price on the tag when I stopped her and told her they had checked it back in electronics, so she just keyed in the price I gave her.

So, unless the self scanner says 0, the price of the barcode you scan at the scanner should be the same at the register? Thanks for clearing it up. Although I haven't really checked my Target for deals, I did scan a barcode for Xenosaga once, and it came up at 0.

#933 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:26 PM

stuff.

Other stuff

So, unless the self scanner says 0, the price of the barcode you scan at the scanner should be the same at the register? Thanks for clearing it up. Although I haven't really checked my Target for deals, I did scan a barcode for Xenosaga once, and it came up at 0.

The handhelds "ask" the main database what the price is for the product. The registers and the pole scanners only check that exact stores prices, which could have been zerod out.

#934 josh33_unc

josh33_unc

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:27 PM

just wondering if any goes to http://www.getintothegame.com Target's news and reviews on video games.

#935 Wshakspear

Wshakspear

Worst. Post. Ever.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:30 PM

Yes i do, and they send stuff like this to me in the mail, and have it on that site.
http://www.getintoth...evel/index.aspx
Get a $5 Off Coupon - Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II for PlayStation 2 OR Xbox

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing for PlayStation 2, Xbox OR GameCube

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Mafia for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Ninja Gaiden for Xbox

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm for PlayStation 2

Get a $5 Off Coupon - Unreal II: The Awakening for Xbox

#936 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:25 PM

Mafia (PS2) $38.88 - $5 off = 27.88 for new release title (NOT Too BAD)

#937 m_d_amore

m_d_amore

BrooKlyn Bum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:49 PM

check your math buddy
Posted ImagePosted Image
You can kill a cow(mo0) and eat it. But you can't pick a plant and Smoke it?
Assy Ass Ass , Ass Ass.

XBox 360 is for Poor people

#938 Freshwillis

Freshwillis

Elitist Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

check your math buddy

:lol:

#939 Staind204

Staind204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:34 PM

I work at a Target, in the Electronics Dept. I put out the new releases on Tuesdays, as well as stock the Electronics on truck days which are M, W, and F. There are many games, and software on clearance currently at my store. A lot of PS1 games, and Need for Speed Underground is like 20 something. I can send games to people who request them and send payment for clearance items they may want me to look for, just ask, I don't mind. Also, did anybody take advantage of my Cody Banks 50% off any DVD post? I know that I sure did. 8)

If you ever find a Sonic Mega Collection for cheap on the clearence let me know. I have been really wanting this game..

#940 Ebraum

Ebraum

Captain Hwdy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:29 AM

Viewtiful Joe price cut at Target now $29.99
There is no Gravity.......The World Just Sucks.
My CheapAss Game list
http://users.ign.com/collection/Ebraum

Posted Image

#941 Pinnacle

Pinnacle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:51 AM

Has anyone found Animal crossing cheap?

#942 Vampyre

Vampyre

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:57 AM

saw 2 at the cedar park target but they where not marked down.

#943 drfrielgood

drfrielgood

www.gamedealdaily.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:05 AM

Did you price check the Animal Crossing games? Target has been clearancing them out...
Visit www.gamedealdaily.com for our daily deal as well as low prices on video games and accessories!

#944 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:11 AM

Which game did you get checked? NHL 2004 (EA) or ESPN NHL (Sega)?
EA is'nt on clearence Sega is.

I know ESPN is on sale but I saw tons of NHL 2004 not on the racks and thought it was on clearance.

#945 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:16 AM

San Jose, CA

PSone Car Adapters - $19.99 (4 left)

#946 Wario64

Wario64

Posted 04 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

TheRock, have you spotted any copies of Metal Gear Solid 2 Subtsance (PS2 version) anywhere around San Jose?

#947 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 03:44 AM

Nope, they didnt have any that I saw at the one (PS2 and Xbox) near Eastridge Mall.

#948 Ebraum

Ebraum

Captain Hwdy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:11 AM

I picked up Animal crossing a month ago for 14.98
There is no Gravity.......The World Just Sucks.
My CheapAss Game list
http://users.ign.com/collection/Ebraum

Posted Image

#949 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:18 AM

where, where, where WHERE ???!!!!!?::?>!?>!>!>!^% @#)$*^@)$^*%

#950 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:21 PM

AAAAARRRGGG!!!

Scanned my barcodes and 3 games came up at prices I wanted. So I went to my stashed pile of games... and they were gone.

Dammit.

#951 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:32 PM

Cary NC

GamersPack (PC) $3.74 (Scanned at $0.00)
Includes C&C Renegade, Need for Spped III, Freedom Force & Earth and Beyond.

Holy carp, someone who actually visits a Target in my time zone! I might have to see if they still have this one, I demo'ed FF and it was pretty cool. [I work about seven minutes away from this Target.]

#952 laparka72

laparka72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:28 AM

At my Target in Woodland Hills CA they had a few kiddy oriented GBA games for 14.99 BUT they also had Metroid Fusion!
Check out the GBA games if you have em at your Target, you might find some buys!
---
que?

#953 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:36 AM

laparka, you got Metroid Fusion for $14.99? Or am I reading your post wrong
Posted Image

#954 mrtoki

mrtoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:51 AM

laparka, did u see arc the lad or any other cheap rpg's there?

#955 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:25 AM

I snag the last copy "Arc the Lad" $7.48 not bad deal compare to $39.99 every where ;)

#956 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 05:27 AM

ALso, Mega Man Network (GC) $6.48 from $7.48

#957 johnp

johnp

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:24 AM

Where: Aventura Target (Miami)
PSONE LCD Combo has finally dropped to $74.98 - as of 3-4-04 they still have 2 units left.

Also, there were 3-5 copies of (GC) MegaMan Network left for $6.48 and a whole lot of (GC) Harry Potter "Chamber of Secrets" in case anybody is looking for these games around the Miami area.

#958 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 March 2004 - 10:46 AM

N. Attleboro, MA: Absolutely NOTHING. :(
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#959 jt2k3

jt2k3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:35 AM

DoA:: The North Attelboro Target never has anything good.. Except thats where I found Amplitude for like $4.98 once. The target in smithfield (where my KB is) has been pretty good lately.

#960 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:00 PM

The Valencia Target had Alien vs. Predator: Extinction for the Xbox for 14.98. There was only one copy so I hid it just in case anyone here wants it.