Photo
- - - - -

Tiered trade 10/20/40% on games, extra $25 system trade NextGen/PSP/DS. Ends 4/5/09.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
940 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

NOTE: INFORMATION ON NEXT PROMOTION (thanks speedrunner17)

Just got back from GS and the tiered trade is next! I picked up a booklet off the Desk with RE5 on the cover. On the last page it showed trade in any next gen system, psp, or ds and receive an extra $25. Below that was the tiered trade and it is a little different. Trade 2 and get 10%, trade 4 and get 20%, and trade 6 and get 40%. They both end on 4/5/09. That's what this brochure says. I guess they'll start on Monday.

Will update with official GameStop.com information once they update their site.

NOTE: GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
Spoiler

:360:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

:wii:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

:ps3:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Handhelds and older systems... These SHOULD be eligible for the tiered trade deal. Xbox trade-in values are no longer on this page as they are no longer accepted at GameStop as of 2/9/09.

:ds:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

:psp:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

:ps2:(Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)
Spoiler

[SIZE=1]:gc:[/SIZE][SIZE=1](Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)[/SIZE]
Spoiler

[SIZE=1]:gba:[/SIZE][SIZE=1](Now with System/Accessories Prices thanks to Xfactor4)[/SIZE]
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 24 February 2009 - 02:32 PM.

#2 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Could be good. I wish they'd drop the TIV restriction to $1.00 or $.50 if they're only giving you $3.33 extra for each one.

that $2.00 TIV limit probably is their new way of doing an "exclusion list" like they used to in the old PS2/Xbox/GC days.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#3 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Why didn't this work when I tried it this morning?

I ended up trading the stuff in towards the Street Fighter IV game to get the benefit of the 30% (with edge), but this deal did not work.

#4 AntiCommie

AntiCommie

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

Dragon: I dont think you can combine offers. They may have screwed you, or maybe the 20% bonus was better, so the computer gave that one automatically.

Too bad this isnt 15$ for three...

#5 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Here's a version of the list with all $2 and under titles removed. Mostly useful for 360 games since a lot of those are cheap. I'd also be wary of any launch titles or games that get between $2 and $3 since they can easily drop those to $2 to exclude them from the bonus.

Click thine button for yon truncated list.
Spoiler

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#6 JaroldL

JaroldL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Why didn't this work when I tried it this morning?

I ended up trading the stuff in towards the Street Fighter IV game to get the benefit of the 30% (with edge), but this deal did not work.

same boat as you. looking forward in getting street fighter IV :bouncy:

#7 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

i called and got confirmation on this going on right now from 2 stores earlier today.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

Games List (60% complete)

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#8 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

A question I asked in the old thread:

I'm asking it here since this thread will get more traffic than another.

Does Gamestop charge tax when using EDGE credit online?

#9 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

A question I asked in the old thread:

I'm asking it here since this thread will get more traffic than another.

Does Gamestop charge tax when using EDGE credit online?

i believe it is specific to your state.
my trade list doesnt have anything in it right now, but it will someday. soon. hopefully. maybe.

DVD List (75% complete)

A game store here was running a tournament and a guy I know went to the restroom and got some fabreeze and totally fabreezed some fat smelly guy, It was awsome!!

#10 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

I know that Michigan does charge tax for store credit (apparently?) and Wisconsin does not.

#11 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

i called and got confirmation on this going on right now from 2 stores earlier today.

Hmm, that's very strange. I have a receipt in hand that clearly shows I traded in 3 games (all next gen), and all above the $2.00 minimum. The only benefit I got in one of the two cases was the Edge card (10%).

I did a second trade-in, when it failed to work again, I just opted to do the credit towards SF IV. Maybe it didn't activate in the system, until noon (EST)?

#12 espionage

espionage

Aging Hardcore Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

dang $10 instead of $15 for 3 games makes me have to rethink this a bit. I guess it's still obviously worth it for cheap games, but for a $25 credit game the $3.33 bonus is only 13%. i guess january is "get rid of all your cheap games" month at gamestop...
Posted Image
My Gaming Blog: http://levelingdown.com

#13 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

i believe it is specific to your state.

I know that Michigan does charge tax for store credit (apparently?) and Wisconsin does not.

Yeah, I live in a state where tax isn't charged on items paid with tax.

Thanks for the replies

#14 steebo777

steebo777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

Dang, I only have two Wii games to trade in right now. Guess I need to find an extra one somewhere for cheap.
Welcome to the Gazeebo Googleplex Home Theater | A Fistfull of Discs | MINItron Owns All
Wii code: 3706-0375-3522-3738
PSN tag: steebo777

#15 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Just did a phone call verification here in ATL and the employee confirmed the deal as being 3 Wii, PS3, or 360 games for an additional $10.
However he also claimed that the minimum was $1 not $2. I'll be leaving shortly to check it out and report what I find out.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#16 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

If it's $1 minimum, that could make a difference to some of us.

Okay, after I screwed everything up, Linkin helped straighten things out. Everyone say Thank You to LP. And thanks again to jp! You did a great job with the last thread, I'm so glad you're willing to keep this one going strong, too. =)
gwensigol8.png

#17 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Thanks Linkin, guinaevere, and io (for not being angry after my swiping of the thread last time). All the mods on this site do a great job and I know myself and others appreciate the great work you guys do.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#18 Animal7390

Animal7390

Something Clever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

you down with opp?

DVD List (75% complete)

#19 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:45 PM

Yeah you know me.

all-banner.jpg

#20 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Does this mean that the +$5 for every Wii game is now over? I thought that ran until Thursday? Or is it still in effect? Obviously $5 for every Wii game is a lot better then $10 for every 3 Wii games.
Posted Image

#21 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

arghhh! This kind of sucks. Did the +$5/Wii Game deal end yesterday or today?

#22 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:49 PM

$1 minimum?

I can finally get rid of that fucking copy of Perfect Dark Zero that's besmirched my games collection for so long.

:bouncy:

#23 flakko

flakko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

sweet i am gonna trade in a few crappy 360 games for burnout paradise :)

#24 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Updated OP with all old values. Please continue to post values for all games and systems, not just the ones valid for this promotion.

all-banner.jpg

#25 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:35 PM

Hmm, definitely disappointed that this turned out to be only a $10 bonus instead of the rumored $15 bonus. Guess it was just a rumor though and not confirmed until today so probably shouldn't have got my hopes up. That said, if they are including $1 games in this promotion that helps things a bit. I'll still be able to build up some credit for RE5 and Halo Wars. Hopefully some of the better TIVs hold as well.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#26 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

Wasn't it "2 for $10" a few months ago?

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#27 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

Wasn't it "2 for $10" a few months ago?

Yep. GS is starting to nickel and dime us at every turn, now.

Guys, as far as the TIV minimum goes, if $1 was indeed quoted by a GS employee, I wouldn't get my hopes up on some games, such as PDZ or All Pro Football. Usually, the games need to have a TIV of higher than $1, not a minimum of $1, so such titles would not apply. They might have decided to loosen the restrictions, considering the deal is not as good as before, but just keep this in mind.

#28 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Tagging, but I wanted to tell JP great job and keep up the good work...

I am heading how to a GS here in a few minutes and will post from my phone what the Minimum is as soon as I find out.
Posted Image

Insert thoughts here...

#29 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Tagging, but I wanted to tell JP great job and keep up the good work...

Seconded! :applause: to JP for keeping the thread updated and to everyone for posting updated TIVs!

Also :applause: to io for starting the list way back when the Wiki page died.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#30 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

I can't take credit for this, io started it and I just picked up from there. I couldn't do any of this without CAGs posting their values. They are the ones that deserve the credit. I just type, nothing else.

all-banner.jpg