Photo
- - - - -

Tiered trade 10/20/40% on games, extra $25 system trade NextGen/PSP/DS. Ends 4/5/09.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
940 replies to this topic

#781 gi60

gi60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

2/19 TIV

DS - Guitar Hero On Tour
Game Only $ 5
Bundle $ 14

PS3
RB Track Pack Vol 2 - $ 8
USB Charger Cable - $ 2

#782 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

Just got back from GS and the tiered trade is next! I picked up a booklet off the Desk with RE5 on the cover. On the last page it showed trade in any next gen system, psp, or ds and receive an extra $25. Below that was the tiered trade and it is a little different. Trade 2 and get 10%, trade 4 and get 20%, and trade 6 and get 40%. They both end on 4/5/09. That's what this brochure says. I guess they'll start on Monday.

#783 DrNo888

DrNo888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

Nice!
=========================
Posted Image

#784 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:41 AM

Just got back from GS and the tiered trade is next! I picked up a booklet off the Desk with RE5 on the cover. On the last page it showed trade in any next gen system, psp, or ds and receive an extra $25. Below that was the tiered trade and it is a little different. Trade 2 and get 10%, trade 4 and get 20%, and trade 6 and get 40%. They both end on 4/5/09. That's what this brochure says. I guess they'll start on Monday.

in4thousandsofflips!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#785 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:42 AM

also here are some values from about 30 minutes ago, tonight at 7 pm (2/19)

NFL tour 360 - 6.00
farcry 2 - 10.50
burnout paradise - 6.25

all before edge, promo
Posted Image

Posted Image

#786 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:47 AM

just in time for RE5 too :D

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#787 aardvark22

aardvark22

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Any mention of minimum TIV to be eligible? Games from any system eligible? If its like last time with no minimum i should be able to clean up big time!

#788 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:58 AM

TIVs

:wii: Grim Billy and Mandy $6
:360: Darkness $2.50
dont hate the player or the game just hate your salf

#789 speedrunner17

speedrunner17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:55 AM

I don't have a scanner, but I will try and take some pics with my digital camera......And WOW!!!.. I didn't even notice the 40% part. That's 50% with edge. I just lost some money by trading in today and not paying attention. Oh well you win some you lose some. Any way they're giving an extra 10% from the usual. Just what I needed to get rid of my last gen stuff.

#790 mozfan27

mozfan27

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:07 AM

fellow cags I have a question, not regarding this trade in deal but its somewat similar. So they have this power trade thing going on at the Gstop, whenever you preorder or purchase Res5, SF4, etc you get an extra 20 percent on trade ins. So today I went to trade in sum games to take advantage fo the deal but the guy over the over counter told me that the deal only counts when you preorder. Is this true? I checked the website and it says that trade ins are both accepted with the preorder or purchase of the game. Any help would be great appreciated. thanks

#791 TYATHCA

TYATHCA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:14 AM

I've never tried the tiered trade. Is the percentage bonus added to each game or the total TIV of all the games? Before or after the EDGE bonus? I assume it's YMMV with multiples of the same title?

#792 winb83

winb83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

Traded in the following today with the extra 50% Wii coupon + 10% edge

Super Smash Bros Brawl........$20.00 base / $32.00 after edge & bonus
Mario Super Sluggers............$20.00 base / $32.00 after edge & bonus
Mario Strikers Charged..........$14.00 base / $22.40 after edge & bonus
Shaun White Snowboarding....$17.00 base / $27.20 after edge & bonus
Super Mario Galaxy...............$17.00 base / $27.20 after edge & bonus
Mario & Sonics Olympics........$17.00 base / $27.20 after edge & bonus

Super Sluggers can be had at Family Video for $20 used. it might be worth it to see if one can land a couple of them to flip with the tiered trades going on.

#793 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:40 AM

2/19 before promos:

:wii: Mario & Sonic At The Olympics - $17
:wii: de Blob - $15
:wii: Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - $10

#794 anch

anch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

2/19 base TIV
Wii:
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles $16
Legend of Zelda $17
Super Smash Bros Brawl $20
Posted Image

#795 aardvark22

aardvark22

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

fellow cags I have a question, not regarding this trade in deal but its somewat similar. So they have this power trade thing going on at the Gstop, whenever you preorder or purchase Res5, SF4, etc you get an extra 20 percent on trade ins. So today I went to trade in sum games to take advantage fo the deal but the guy over the over counter told me that the deal only counts when you preorder. Is this true? I checked the website and it says that trade ins are both accepted with the preorder or purchase of the game. Any help would be great appreciated. thanks

Sounds like the guy behind the counter didn't know what he was talking about which happens fairly often at gamestop. There was probably a 4ft sign dangling somewhere in the store that contradicted what he was saying. In these cases I just stay calm and polite and point out what the deal says. They will almost always comply at that point. In fact I've never been refused. It's just a hassle I consider built into the trading experience, just like all the hassles involved in ebay etc.

#796 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

Updated again, and we do have information about the next trade promotion. I'll be taking part in the new one more than likely. I also have removed the Xbox trade-in values from the list because I was hitting a character limit. I have them backed up in a couple locations in case anyone cares about them, but since they don't take them anymore the values are truly meaningless.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#797 worshipsf

worshipsf

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

I've never tried the tiered trade. Is the percentage bonus added to each game or the total TIV of all the games? Before or after the EDGE bonus? I assume it's YMMV with multiples of the same title?

Mathematically, adding to each game or adding to the total are exactly the same.

Trading in multiples of the same title is always YMMV and not recommended - if it's just 2 of a single title you can probably get away with the sibling/SO excuse, but it's best to avoid raising suspicions.

#798 tianxia

tianxia

Just won't shut up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Mathematically, adding to each game or adding to the total are exactly the same.

Trading in multiples of the same title is always YMMV and not recommended - if it's just 2 of a single title you can probably get away with the sibling/SO excuse, but it's best to avoid raising suspicions.

It depends. Most won't take two of the same game in one transaction simply because it's too much hassle. Some will let you trade in two at the same time in multiple transactions, although then I've been warned by different employees that then it sends a flag to the regional headquarters. Either it's true or they have their story together pretty well.

In general I've been getting away with just telling them that I'm flipping. Most don't care.

#799 Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry

Witty remark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

In general I've been getting away with just telling them that I'm flipping. Most don't care.

Just to others who read this, don't do this. While his GS might be cool, the stars have somehow aligned perfectly so that your GS will freak out when you say that and ban your account from trades. Also, the manager will be lazy and refuse your coupons. Just saying.

ZuREZ44.jpg

I pay $20 a month for my phone bill. Sign up through me and we both get $25 off our bills! That's a free month! PM me for more info if you're curious.

Wanna try League of Legends? Try it out here!: http://bit.ly/1uEevsK

#800 equax

equax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Assuming if the games still have the regular TIV I would only be losing 7 dollars from the price I paid them for. I'll keep updated when I get to GS. Thanks again to those who contributed!
Cheap-ass-gamer-student member.

#801 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

Any reason why this was moved to the graveyard considering this deal is going on for two more days? That and we normally just rename the title and keep updating the values? Just curious for any mods reading this.

all-banner.jpg

#802 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Send a note to the mods. Yeah this shouldn't be in the graveyard.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#803 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Just to others who read this, don't do this. While his GS might be cool, the stars have somehow aligned perfectly so that your GS will freak out when you say that and ban your account from trades. Also, the manager will be lazy and refuse your coupons. Just saying.

Definitely not. I'm cool with my GameStops but I definitely don't come out and mention it. They may know it, but all of us just ignore the giant elephant and we go along our business.

all-banner.jpg

#804 GameOnJohn

GameOnJohn

No Disintegrations!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

TIVs from 2/18

:360:

Table Tennis - $2 (same as OP, new date)
Virtua Fighter 5 - $7 (same as OP, new date)
Disney Sing It - $10 (same as OP, new date)

:wii:

Table Tennis - $10 (same as OP, new date)

Is the TIV for Disney sing it for the mic and game?

I just want to trade in the game. I want to keep the mic.

#805 spartan200x

spartan200x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

:360:
Crackdown - $4 (up $1.50 on 2/20)
Infinite Undiscovery - $15 (up $1 on 2/20)
Stuntman Ignition - $5 (2/20)

:ps2:
DualShock Controller - $4.50 (2/09)

#806 aardvark22

aardvark22

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

Definitely not. I'm cool with my GameStops but I definitely don't come out and mention it. They may know it, but all of us just ignore the giant elephant and we go along our business.

Slightly off topic but the way you describe it is just the way it seems to me too-I don't say I'm flipping & they don't either but it just "seems" like they know & don't care.
My question is this- when the GS employee is taking my trades, scanning my edge card can they see a transaction history of my card? I'm always careful-never trade in multiples of the same game at the same time. But I have traded several copies of the same title at different locations in a relatively short timespan-to take advantage of promos. So during the BBV bogo & GS wii +$5coupon event I traded about 5 copies of Battle of the Bands at several different GS locations. Is there any danger in that? Therer is always that disclaimer about "no dealers" for the promo's. Do they consider what we call flipping to being a "dealer"? and coulod they use that as basis for refusing trades? Honestly they would be foolish to refuse any trades that are in good condition-they've built there whole business on ensuring a fresh supply of cheap product to turn a profit on. Am I just paranoid? Any more experienced flippers care to comment?

#807 mccoy132

mccoy132

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Traded in some more games before the $10 deal ends. The prices below are base TIV.

Wii
Wii Play - $6 (unchanged)
Call of Duty 3 - $8 (increase)

PS3
Enchanted Arms - $5 (decrease)
MLB: Front Office Manager - $15 (unlisted) I didn't trade this one in yet but will when the tiered trade starts. This game isn't a month old yet but hasn't done well critically as well among fans.

Edited by mccoy132, 21 February 2009 - 01:52 PM.

#808 Torrwin

Torrwin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:18 AM

Traded in the following on 02/20:

:ps3: Fantastic Four ROSS $2.50
:ps3: MLB 07: The Show $3.00
:wii: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy $6.00

#809 io

io

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:23 AM

aardvark22 - It is my understanding that they do not see a transaction history when they scan your Edge card. Sure, the DM can look it up if they want. And sure, they could categorize you as a dealer and refuse your trades. But bans from GS trading are very rare and it is usually only when they think you are trading stolen stuff. And even then, I've seen them let people slide. I was in a store once when a guy brought in a few Wii remotes back when they were hard to find. They were obviously new (straps still wrapped up, etc). The clerk told him "this is the last time we can take these, OK?". So clearly the guy had been in before trading the same thing. Oh yeah, and he wanted cash instead of credit ;). They still didn't ban him, just asked him not to trade those any more at that store. He had plenty of others he could go to though.

But I traded MANY of the same titles both last summer when Blockbuster had the B1G1 sale and more recently with the latest B1G1 sale. I think I traded at least 12, if not more, copies of Spiderman 3 for the 360, for example (across 6 or so stores). I even did a few duplicates to the same store (and on at least one occasion in one trade even - I had about 12 games and the guy didn't notice or care that 2 of them were SM3). Those were just sitting in mass quantity at every BBV I went to and no one else wanted them so I just kept buying 'em for $5 and getting $10 or so back from GS until I got tired of it.

#810 anch

anch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

2/20 TIV @ base
Wii:
Harvey Birdman $3
Wii racing Wheel $2.75
Monster 4x4 $6

PS3:
Devil May Cry 4 $8