Photo
- - - - -

Tiered trade 10/20/40% on games, extra $25 system trade NextGen/PSP/DS. Ends 4/5/09.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
940 replies to this topic

#61 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

Has anyone else been able to confirm xbox360 dark sector TIV for $7, as I might try trading this tomorrow.

i think i got $2.50 for PS3 tonight, so there is no way that trade for $7 for 360. thats just my guess tho.
Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#62 chior

chior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

ok i did two trade this evening, 1st trade went very well at this GS. He override with the $10 bonus for me. but at the 2nd trade (diff GS), the guy has no idea what he is doing. i trade in 12 games, and only gotten $10 bonus plus edge. he did not override at all. then i went back to tell him, i didnt get my $10 bonus per 3 game. He told me i only get $10 bonus for my first 3 games lol. i'm going to take my receive to the GS, and have them change it tomorrow.

That is what a typical GS untrained cocky employee does. Knows fucking nothing about their own promo or policy. then puts up all the craps. You have to educate them. I used to be ok with GS. Most of the managers are pretty nice. Now, the ridiculous refurb fee just really pissed me off. My games are way better than 50% off their games and they still want to charge me refurb fee. Fucking assholes!!!
My Trade/Sale list Halo 3 Legendary Edition, Singe It w/Microphone, Mercenaries 2 PS3
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=99688

#63 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:33 AM

The guy seriously did not know how to do the override at my store. So I have to go back tomorrow. It was horrible and I waited there for 20 minutes while he tried and tried. He even took a calculator out to see what $10 more from $22 ($32) would be. My jaw almost dropped to see the lack of knowledge that this guy possesses. I do have trade in values though since I saw them before bonuses.

PS3 (All base values)
---------------------------------------
The Incredible Hulk - $8
Iron Man - $8
Unreal Tournament III - $4 (Looks like it went up from the $2 value in the OP)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#64 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

Didn't do this trade 3 deal but I did use another promotion they have going: trade towards Resident Evil 5 and get a 20% trade bump. Website says RE5, Street Fighter IV, Halo Wars all get the bump supposedly expired sunday but the GS gal gave me the bump anyway so YMMV.

ANYWAY....... Traded in a disc only Gears or War 2 for $36.40 ($28 base + $8.40 30% bump with above and Edge card). I'm a dick and kept the rest of the Limited Edition packaging and the bonus disk etc lol and half my RE5 is now paid for. :D

So yea the moral of this story is that Gears 2 is $28 down as of 1/5/09 down from $30 listed on the website and first post.

#65 io

io

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

Looks like the deal went active in the computer between 7:30 and 8:30 PM Pacific on Monday. I made one trade at 7:30 PM and they had to override. Then I ate dinner and went to another GS and traded 3 more games at about 8:30 PM. They were all prepared to override but the deal went through automatically. I was somewhat disappointed, actually, as I got an extra $1.77 when they did the override at the first store (he did the override as $10.70, then Edge stacked 10% more on top of it of course).

Interestingly enough, the automatic bonus ends up being $10.02 since it adds $3.34 to each game :lol:. (It is promo #6412)

Anyway, trades:

:360:
FEAR Files - $7
GTA IV - $9
Spiderwick Chronicles - $7
Virtua Fighter 5 - $7

:wii:
DBX BT 2 - $4

:ps3:
GTA IV - $11

#66 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

Why trade some of your games so cheap? GTA IV alone could probably easily fetch $20 on the forums.

#67 io

io

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:04 AM

Why trade some of your games so cheap? GTA IV alone could probably easily fetch $20 on the forums.

These are incomplete copies from Blockbuster with a moderate amount of scratches. It's a quick and easy conversion of $7.50 in Blockbuster credit into $13.24 or $15.44 (360 vs PS3) at GS. The Blockbuster I went to tonight still had 12 or so 360 copies left :lol:.

#68 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:17 AM

If I was to find a BBV with 6 copies of GTA4...I could pay 45 dollars at BBV, and turn that into 86 dollars in GS credit...right?

Since...The TIV for GTA4 is like 11 dollars each...so, 6 copies = 66, then 10 for each 3 games, so, 66+20=86...and maybe could get roughly a little more with other bonuses (if you can get them to do that, maybe trading towards pre-orders and such).

#69 akiefer

akiefer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

If I was to find a BBV with 6 copies of GTA4...I could pay 45 dollars at BBV, and turn that into 86 dollars in GS credit...right?

Since...The TIV for GTA4 is like 11 dollars each...so, 6 copies = 66, then 10 for each 3 games, so, 66+20=86...and maybe could get roughly a little more with other bonuses (if you can get them to do that, maybe trading towards pre-orders and such).

Ummm...close - you can usually only trade 1 game/system at a time, so you need a filler game to seal the deal if you have both the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA. Most of us have been flipping these for weeks with the 10/20/30 deal (40% w/Edge). It's not quite as good now only getting $3.33, but still decent. I've been selling the PS3 version (complete) on ebay for $22-25 each. Trade the generic-boxed, incomplete or scratched ones.

One a side note, I was able to continue the 10/20/30 and $5/wii title (Monday). They still had the old signage up and the new trade 3/$10 wasn't active in the system - so they gave me an override for the old deals. Gotta love clueless drones. :lol:

Of course, then I come here and someone's talking about trade 2 Wii games (>$3 each) for $30 towards Wii Fits and I almost hurled.:puke: I've been looking for a cash-out opportunity since the Visas went away at BBV...

#70 io

io

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

Well, yeah, as akiefer points out, you can usually only trade 1 copy of a game at a time at GS. You could probably get away with 1 PS3 GTA IV and 1 360 GTA IV and a third game as filler. Fortunately there are lots of filler games you can get at Blockbuster that get $7-$8 base at GS. However, it might be somewhat difficult to find PS3 copies of GTA IV at this point. You may only find the 360 version and then need 2 filler games.

So, it won't work out quite as nicely as you envision (getting preorder bonuses on top of the trade-in promo is very YMMV as well - would require a manual override for sure). It is nice for those of us with excess BBV credit we are looking to unload but not as great if you are using cash to buy the BBV games.

#71 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

Traded in last night and they had to override to get it to work. Got edge bonus on the $10 since they did it that way. I'm thinking that if I told them I wanted to put the credit towards one of the promo games (maybe RE5) the 20% bonus trade in credit might have worked as well since they had to manually add the 3.33 per game to the base TIV. Probably wont work now if the POS system is ringing this up correct since multiple trade in deals usually do not stack.

TIVs from yesterday for the list:

:360:
GTA IV - $9 - same as OP
Spiderwick - $7 - same as OP

:ps3:
MLB 2K8 - $7 - same as OP but hadn't been confirmed since 12/30

I'll probably trade in some more stuff at lunch so I'll post TIVs later today.
How high is your True GamerScore? Join the CAG Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.com to find out!

Join the CAG GamerScore Whore Group here!

#72 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Updated.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#73 daminion

daminion

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

Confirmations 01.06.09

Ps3 lost - 7
360 Fear files - 7
360 Gta4 - 9

Edited by daminion, 07 January 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#74 Xfactor4

Xfactor4

Come and get some

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Has anyone else been able to confirm xbox360 dark sector TIV for $7, as I might try trading this tomorrow.

I can confirm that Dark Sector :360: is only base of $3 TIV and NOT $7. Thought I would share to save some CAGS from picking this up at BBV b1g1 to flip.

Someone probably hurried a little bit when they posted the TIV likely mixing it up with :360: VF5 or Fear Files or DMC4? ;)

#75 shumway

shumway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Xbox360
Dirt $8

PS3
Golden Compass $5

#76 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

Updated, and fixed the Dark Sector.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#77 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

Kane & Lynch is down to $5.00 (ps3). Hate losing money on flips.

#78 thirtytwoutside

thirtytwoutside

HOW CAN SHE SLAP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

Damn. I have 2 games I want to get rid of and can't find a 3rd. Any ideas for a 3rd that I can buy and then trade back to them?
CAG: Where it doesn't matter how good or how cheap a game is, but games would only be "worth buying" to people if only they were $10 cheaper.

#79 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Anyone know PS3's TIV for Mercenaries 2?

Looking at similar prices and TIVs at eb.com, my best guess would be $11 before any bump.

No go at my Gamestop. The manager didnt even know of the deal so he would not ring it up himself.

That's pathetic. Call the DM.

Interestingly enough, the automatic bonus ends up being $10.02 since it adds $3.34 to each game :lol:. (It is promo #6412)

E'ery penny counts, Sugar. ;)
gwensigol8.png

#80 safire

safire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Confirmations 2.6.09

Ps3 lost - 7
360 Fear files - 7
360 Gta4 - 9

February, that's a bold prediction.

#81 h2dk

h2dk

no time for games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

question...can you only trade 3 at a time, or can you do multiples of 3? (i.e. trade 6 games get $20)

Change is fucking good - but folding money is better.

#82 shumway

shumway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

Multiples are fine. I traded in 12 earlier.

#83 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Alright, went into GS and got the FEAR2 flyer but this deal sucks. I got a better one with the Trade 3 for $10 and RE5 power trade %20

Fable 2-29.74
Fear Files-24.28
GTA4-13.24
-5.00 for RE5
-5.84 for RE4 (Mint-old box) with 25% coupon
56.42 went back on card
Total-67.26

Also, didn't have anything with RE5 so she gave me the Killzone2 demo code.

This is true CAG style!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

GS really has some good trade in deals...but rarely do they have any good deals to use the store credit from the trade ins on games there!

#85 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

I have to disagree with you, Pizza. I save my credit to use when they have their buy two get one free used games/accessories sales. Yeah, I have to be patient and wait, but after a while of doing this, I have more games in the backlog than I'll ever get around to playing.

The other option is to use the credit when there's a game which is full MSRP at all retailers... spending credit rather than cash is nice. This way you have the cash for other things.
gwensigol8.png

#86 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

I have to disagree with you, Pizza. I save my credit to use when they have their buy two get one free used games/accessories sales. Yeah, I have to be patient and wait, but after a while of doing this, I have more games in the backlog than I'll ever get around to playing.

The other option is to use the credit when there's a game which is full MSRP at all retailers... spending credit rather than cash is nice. This way you have the cash for other things.

Ya good point..but rarely will you see a deal at GS on the front page of CAG

#87 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

Multiples are fine. I traded in 12 earlier.

Your just lucky, its rare for them to accept multiples. The reason its in their policy not to accept more then one copy per trade transaction is because it usually a flag that somethings wrong like their stolen. However you get a store with a new clerk or someone who just dosn't care who'll let it slide. It also easy to be caught by a DM...
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#88 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Alright, went into GS and got the FEAR2 flyer but this deal sucks. I got a better one with the Trade 3 for $10 and RE5 power trade %20

Fable 2-29.74
Fear Files-24.28
GTA4-13.24
-5.00 for RE5
-5.84 for RE4 (Mint-old box) with 25% coupon
56.42 went back on card
Total-67.26

Also, didn't have anything with RE5 so she gave me the Killzone2 demo code.

This is true CAG style!

wait, so the RE5 pre-order bonus stacks with the trade 3 get $10?

#89 shumway

shumway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

Your just lucky, its rare for them to accept multiples. The reason its in their policy not to accept more then one copy per trade transaction is because it usually a flag that somethings wrong like their stolen. However you get a store with a new clerk or someone who just dosn't care who'll let it slide. It also easy to be caught by a DM...

h2dk asked if multiples of 3 were ok. Not multiple of the same game, to my knowledge. I traded in 12 unique games, which works out to 4 sets of 3 games.

#90 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Unless I'm competely wrong, he didn't mean 12 of one game, he was answering a different question. The question was can you only trade in three games at a time for the full bonus, or if you trade in six will you still only get an extra $10?

I believe he was saying he traded in 12 games, and got an extra $40 credit. (four groups of three. Each group of three gets the $10 bonus. 4x10=40 )
gwensigol8.png