Mass Effect (Xbox 360) PRICE DROP $19.99 Shipped @ Newegg.com

Good deal, I thought Amazon had it for the same price but it is sold through Target. Also, I got my copy at Blockbuster used for $14.99 and got a free game with it.

Is there something I don't know? why did the price bottom out on this? lol
Because it's not the GotY edition? Is there much different?

I don't think the GOTY edition was ever a real thing was it? I heard about it coming out, and then it went away.

I think $19.99 is just a new universal price drop for a game that's aging a little bit.

It's an RPG which never hold their value long-term.

That being said it's one of the finest games on the 360, or anywhere else for that matter, and is an absolute steal at $20.

[quote name='crazy blain']It's an RPG which never hold their value long-term.

That being said it's one of the finest games on the 360, or anywhere else for that matter, and is an absolute steal at $20.[/quote]

i would love to bite on this or any other deal for this game, but i'm still skeptical. is it really worth it? are there any comparison games that people can compare this game to?

I'm always surprised when I hear people rave about this. I bought this when it first came out through a friend who works for MS, so I only paid $25. I regret paying that much. It has some neat parts, but the dialogues go on and on forever (you ask a simple question and you get their frickin' life story!), their inventory system is crap (I spend 1/2 the time playing sorting out/recycling my items because there's a stupid cap on the number you can have), and the game play is pretty mediocre. There are a gazillion planets you can explore but they're all the exact same planets with a slightly different look - it's either a frozen barren planet with a secret pirate hide-out or a scorching desert planet with a secret pirate hide-out.

I love RPGs and I think it had a lot of potential with some really good ideas but I'd say it failed miserably in the implementation of those ideas. But then again, a lot of people seemed to have genuinely enjoyed it, including many of my friends. That's just my two cents.

Bought this game last year and just started playing it. Played through on normal and am going through on hardcore now. Love the combat. And you can hit X to skip through most of the dialogue.

bread's done
Back