New BB RZ $20 off coupon - Bourne Supremacy, Alone in the Dark, GH for PC

FrankieFiero

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Bourne is not bad got it on the GF deal, if you like the movies, it takes you through all three, pretty cool. Wish the wheel was cheaper, only 20 isnt a deal want to upgrade from my DFP.

coupon link has me log into my RZ account and it shows the following:

"We're sorry. We are not able to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone have a link to the coupon image or mind posting the coupon in this thread, thanks:)

[quote name='pun123']Bourne is not bad got it on the GF deal, if you like the movies, it takes you through all three, pretty cool. Wish the wheel was cheaper, only 20 isnt a deal want to upgrade from my DFP.[/quote]

Bourne's not bad, but it does feel really short. I think I beat it in about 4 hours if that.

[quote name='pun123']Bourne is not bad got it on the GF deal, if you like the movies, it takes you through all three, pretty cool. Wish the wheel was cheaper, only 20 isnt a deal want to upgrade from my DFP.[/QUOTE]

If you're going to bother upgrading from your DFP, get the G25.

It's on my wishlist.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hopefully Bourne goes on the cheap soon.[/quote]Agreed.

[quote name='neudog']coupon link has me log into my RZ account and it shows the following:

"We're sorry. We are not able to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Anyone have a link to the coupon image or mind posting the coupon in this thread, thanks:)[/quote]Worked OK for me:

[quote name='FrankieFiero']

Worth mentioning, since there seems to be a trend of these things going on sale the day the coupon expires (resulting in a cool 1-day deal). And what do you know... coupon expires Sunday Feb. 1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems more like a way to get RZ members a discount before it goes on sale to the general public. We got $20 of RA3 a few weeks back and the sale this week is $20 RA3. But as long as the coupons keep expiring on Sunday, its pretty nice.

[quote name='Burchamj']Hows alone in the dark? and wasnt there just a patch that fixed a bunch of problems...[/QUOTE]

I havent noticed any patches since December, but then I havent had it in my system for about a week. It does have tons of problems though, you can read about them in any review.

If you're clicking on the link and not seeing the coupon, it's because you're not part of the Gamer's Club. If you want to join, it's free and all you have to do is go to the main page of the Best Buy Reward Zone website. After logging in, click on "Community and Clubs" and then "Reward Zone Gamer's Club." It asks to verify your e-mail address and select your platform of choice and then click submit. After that you should see the coupon on the right side of the page. Hope that helps anyone.

(as a member of the Gamer's Club, you receive a $10 certificate for every $150 you spend on games at BB, which for some might be a good deal...unfortunetly I don't remember the last time I actually bought a game there)

SON OF A BITCH!!!

I already picked up GH3 and Aerosmith for the PC from Target clearances AND GH3 from GS (used) and AS with wireless guitar from Best Buy.

Grr...

Good deals though.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If you're going to bother upgrading from your DFP, get the G25.

It's on my wishlist.[/quote]

I would love too, but G25 is too much for me. Also, I saw that EB priced Bourne down to 39.99 so maybe BB will follow.

Coupons states "Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Supremacy", but the name of the game is actually "Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy".

Based on the thorough looking over I received with the Red Alert 3 coupon on Sunday, I foresee that some coupons may be initially rejected because the names don't match (though the SKU should match).

[quote name='Burchamj']Hows alone in the dark? and wasnt there just a patch that fixed a bunch of problems...[/QUOTE]

PS3 Version > 360. If you're gonna play it, get it for the PS3.

[quote name='Burchamj']Hows alone in the dark? and wasnt there just a patch that fixed a bunch of problems...[/quote]

Alone in the Dark is decent. The ambitions of the developers and their desire to do something different really shows, but there are a lot of technical issues (mostly control issues) that mar the experience.

That said, I thought the story was decent. The puzzles were interesting and for the most part really work. And some of the ideas are really cool, even if the execution is a little off.

I played the 360 version, and I didn't think it was all that broken. If you're into achievements, it's a pretty easy 1000 if you're willing to sink an extra 3-4 hours into it.

One piece of advice: you will find that flaming bullets are an invaluable part of your arsenal. But, you DON'T have to make them each time you reload. Simply make some flaming bullets, and then hotmap them to one of your quick-select spaces, and then any time you equip the gun, it will have flaming bullets as long as you have a flammable liquid in your inventory. No FAQ I ever found pointed out this quick solution, so I offer it here.

[quote name='xrayzwei']For $20 bucks I will pull the trigger on AitD, Bourne I'm not so sure.[/quote]

It's probably worth mentioning that Alone in the Dark is only $15 on Amazon.

[quote name='Pookymeister']It's probably worth mentioning that Alone in the Dark is only $15 on Amazon.[/quote]Plus, it's been cheaper elsewhere, like from Gamefly ($9) and GoGamer.com ($10).

Best Buy doesn't seem to carry the PS3 version of it, from the search I did on it. Current price on the 360 version is $40, so this would get it for you at $20.

Why is BB still charging $60 for Bourne? It's been $40 at GS since before Christmas, so the coupon just brings the price down to everyone else. Lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the coupon Shrike. I've had quite a few problems with Firefox and certain links posted on CAG I always get the "Problem Loading" page and the following message:

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.apmebf.com.

I don't know what I have to do in the settings/options of Firefox to change this, but I usually can get them to load in IE. The coupon link still sends me to a "Sorry" page and asks me to log-in. I've tried logging in and clicking the link and still no luck.

I had a problem like this which was caused by Peer Guardian 2 blocking HTTP access.

See if you have an anti-virus protection program running which is blocking access....

I got Borne for ps3 a while back when it was $15 at target. Its not a bad game at all and im considering getting it later down the line. But with no multiplayer and a very short game (I beat it in 2 days max and then traded it at BBV) i would say $20 is a reach for what your getting. I would like to get it for $10 or less.

[quote name='cheapskate01']I got Borne for ps3 a while back when it was $15 at target. Its not a bad game at all and im considering getting it later down the line. But with no multiplayer and a very short game (I beat it in 2 days max and then traded it at BBV) i would say $20 is a reach for what your getting. I would like to get it for $10 or less.[/quote]

$15 on clearance? I'm sorry I missed it.

Will BB pricematch GS?

[quote name='cheapskate01'] I would like to get it for $10 or less.[/quote]

Yeah I agree.

$20 is still too high for Bourne.

$10 is just right.

...and talking also about Alone, I'd say it has to be at least $10 too because of the issues that it has on the 360.

The PS3 version is the patched and polished one and even then, at $20, I wouldnt pull the trigger.

Alone in the dark (360) is now $30 so after coupon it's only 10 plus tax. Not my kind of game but others may be interested now that it's cheaper.

I got Bourne when GameFly had it for $12. I was thinking about getting AitD for PS3 used back when the 20% coupon was out, 30% off a $25 game is pretty good, but everyone said to hold off so I did.

[quote name='LegolasFett']I got Bourne when GameFly had it for $12. I was thinking about getting AitD for PS3 used back when the 20% coupon was out, 30% off a $25 game is pretty good, but everyone said to hold off so I did.[/QUOTE]

Personally I love AITD its not perfect but its still a fun game

[quote name='kobeisgod']Alone in the dark (360) is now $30 so after coupon it's only 10 plus tax. Not my kind of game but others may be interested now that it's cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, though I think I may hold out until the PS3 version gets to $10.

FYI, Bourne Supremacy is still $59.99, so no price drop yet on that.

this is an awesome deal i just got a 5$ coupon for best buy for the 250 points so it will be only 5$ for alone in the dark sweet

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hopefully Bourne goes on the cheap soon.[/quote]

I posted about a week or so back it New for $19.

[quote name='Burchamj']Hows alone in the dark? and wasnt there just a patch that fixed a bunch of problems...[/quote]

There ended up being no patch for the 360 version. They just released AITD: Inferno for the PS3, which has all the fixes and is the "best" version of the game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There ended up being no patch for the 360 version. They just released AITD: Inferno for the PS3, which has all the fixes and is the "best" version of the game.[/quote]

yeah... "best"... @_@

bread's done
Back